GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess they have ruled out any Blimpie's employees, but I wonder if any of the early am employees saw anyone lurking around or in the parking lot on any other morning, or noticed a weird customer who might have had his eyes on her... could she have had a stalker? old boyfriend? Or, if it were an abduction, was someone waiting in the dark for her & grabbed her as soon as she got out of her car?

OK, so I finally had a chance to go on the base at Little Creek at Gate 1. What I saw was different than what I remembered from years ago or looking at Google Maps.

To start with I pulled up to the Blimpies at 0715. It was closed. I could see where there was an older sign with the store hours with the hours scratched out and a newer sign showing the Blimpies opens at 0900. The place was dark and I saw no one inside. So I went down to the other end to the Navy Exchange (NEX) mini-mart to get my coffee. I told the NEX clerk that I thought the Blimpies was open for breakfast and she said, 'No', it doesn't open that early. So did the store hours change? (The clerk was not aware of such.) If not, then why was Ashanti there 4 hours early?

The Blimpies is almost at the end of that NEX block of shops - the end closest to Gate 1. There is a suishi place at the end closest to Gate 1, then the Blimpies, then a barber shop and at the opposite end is the NEX Mini-Mart.

Gate 1 is MUCH closer than I thought. It's hardly any distance from the gate guards at Gate 1. How could anything happen there if the Gate was open and operating and the guards not see anything? Gate 1, from what I can find, is open at 0500.

There IS an ATM at that location. It is right next to the front door of the Blimpies. I wonder if it is operational and if it recorded anything in front of the Blimpies?

That street in front of the Blimpies is blocked off due to construction halfway between the intersection of Midway/Amphibious and the waterfront. If you want to go to the waterfront you have to cut through a fitness center parking lot on your left.

Because of the bright lights at Gate 1 it is fairly well lit.

Im pretty sure she arrived early to bake bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is way way early to bake bread. I hope someone comes along that's worked at a Blimpies or Subway before that could give us an idea of how early that process would start.

Wow that is way way early to bake bread. I hope someone comes along that's worked at a Blimpies or Subway before that could give us an idea of how early that process would start.

Found this on Reddit on a Subway forum. I'm sure it's close to the same time as Blimpies. The person seems to know what they are talking about. No way you have to get there 4 hours early.

Bread should ideally be thawed for 8-12 hours before baking. In a pinch you can pan the bread and let it sit on the rack and it'll be good to go in about an hour, once it's just soft enough to be workable. It turns out nicer if it gets proper time to thaw in the cooler though.

Five sticks to a pan, six pans to a batch. Lightly spray with fresh water, just enough to moisten it. Form the sticks so that they reach from end to end and are smooth and even all across. If you need to do Honey Oat or Parmesan/Oregano, after moistening roll the stick in the topping so that approximately 1/2 - 2/3s is coated. You do not want the bottom coated.

Put that batch in the preheated proofer. Set the timer for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off have your next batch ready to go in and set the timer for 20 minutes again.

When that timer goes your first batch should be ready for the oven so transfer it over and get another batch in the proofer as needed. The oven should be at 350 degrees farenheit. A batch of six pans will take 12-15 minutes depending on your oven. Keep an eye on it to make sure you don't burn your first batch.

At this point you're just cycling batches through the proofer and oven until you have all the bread prepped that you need.

Bread needs half an hour to cool on the rack before it's ready. At that point you can remove it from the bread forms and put it six loaves to a pan.

Good job.
https://www.reddit.com/r/subway/com...ts/4rkxlx/stepbystep_process_to_making_bread/

I know at panera they work all night baking the bread.

I seem to remember her mom (maybe?) saying it wasn’t unusual for her to wear street clothes to work and change and maybe that she usually goes very early....I’ll find a quote so it doesn’t get counted as fact.

I know at panera they work all night baking the bread.

I seem to remember her mom (maybe?) saying it wasn’t unusual for her to wear street clothes to work and change and maybe that she usually goes very early....I’ll find a quote so it doesn’t get counted as fact.

I saw this too but couldn't find. If she had to prepare multiple batches of bread(they normally have different types) and put out all the meats and ingredients for the day and get registers opened up, I can see why she was scheduled to be in that early.

I worked at Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts(we didn't make the donuts at our location) in high school and we had to be there an hour early to open the store when there was no real food prep involved.

That's the only explanation I've heard that would make sense. The thing is I looked in the place and it was as dark as a cave. I didn't even see any sign of lights in another room or in the back. While on the other hand the barber shop next door was all lit up and they were inside getting ready for business. No guarantee though that lights could have been on in the back where they might be baking bread and I just couldn't see it.

i don't work at those places but they come to bake bread around 3-4 am at some places.

That's the only explanation I've heard that would make sense. The thing is I looked in the place and it was as dark as a cave. I didn't even see any sign of lights in another room or in the back. While on the other hand the barber shop next door was all lit up and they were inside getting ready for business. No guarantee though that lights could have been on in the back where they might be baking bread and I just couldn't see it.

Maybe they don't bake it fresh DAILY? Maybe they just do it 3-4 times a week? Just a thought.

It's not just baking bread either. There's meats and cheeses to slice, along with tomatoes, lettuce, etc. Depending on how busy this place gets at lunchtime, that could be a lot of prepping.

OK, so I finally had a chance to go on the base at Little Creek at Gate 1. What I saw was different than what I remembered from years ago or looking at Google Maps.

>>>> respectfully snipped by borndem <<<<<<<<<

The Blimpies is almost at the end of that NEX block of shops - the end closest to Gate 1. There is a suishi place at the end closest to Gate 1, then the Blimpies, then a barber shop and at the opposite end is the NEX Mini-Mart.

Gate 1 is MUCH closer than I thought. It's hardly any distance from the gate guards at Gate 1. How could anything happen there if the Gate was open and operating and the guards not see anything? Gate 1, from what I can find, is open at 0500.

There IS an ATM at that location. It is right next to the front door of the Blimpies. I wonder if it is operational and if it recorded anything in front of the Blimpies?

That street in front of the Blimpies is blocked off due to construction halfway between the intersection of Midway/Amphibious and the waterfront. If you want to go to the waterfront you have to cut through a fitness center parking lot on your left.

Because of the bright lights at Gate 1 it is fairly well lit.

bbm

An ATM -- hmmmm. I have seen several crimes having to do with making someone withdraw money from their account at an ATM -- there were two separate murders at Chapel Hill & Durham, NC, where the perpetrator was in the car owner's car & made her and him withdraw money under threat of being shot.

Re ATM cameras -- they only operate when the ATM is in use -- I wonder it that ATM has been investigated...

Could this have happened to our Ashanti? "Shut up, don't scream, do as I tell you and I won't have to shoot you." Just a thought.

My guess its someone close, religious, and reading this right now. The TRUTH will set you free...

Just curious what makes some of you believe something happened to her on base vs somewhere else or where her hair and phone were found?

Just curious what makes some of you believe something happened to her on base vs somewhere else or where her hair and phone were found?
Otherwise, she probably would have gone to work, as planned... not driven off the base 30 minutes later, as seen. I guess she could have forgotten something and left again quickly, but seems just less likely all things considered...

JMO!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm not ruling out that it happened or, at least, started on base. But based on what I saw of the location I'm starting to question whether anything of a suspicious nature happened next to an ATM or that close to Gate 1.

The only scenario in which I can imagine something happened off base is something like this: Ashanti arrived on base early to get a coffee somewhere, and before she made it to Blimpie's her roommate or someone called needing something from her(roommate was locked out, etc.) but this info would be in her phone records and I feel there would already be an arrest if someone had called her around 5-5:30am. So the theory isn't that plausible to me IMO. I just don't see her arriving so early on base and then leaving not long before she needed to be clocking in at work.

I wonder if LE will release any news on a COD any time soon.

It is possible that the Blimpies has changed its hours now that they no longer have Ashanti to get there that early.

LE would have established whether Ashanti left at her usual time from home or not. They have her scheduled hours, I'm sure. If she was not paid to get there that early- but does on regular basis, whether she was expected there that early, whether that day was an anomal, is a fact that can be easily verified.

A question is whether she left the base willingly or not, alone or not, is crucial. It is possible she was abducted on base. It's also possible that she deliberately left with someone. And it's possible, she left the base alone to meet someone off base.

The simplest thing would be that someone abducted her at that Blimpies. Forced her into her car and dead or alive, conscious or not, drove her off base or forced her to drive off base, and then left her phone and hair pieces at that location. Then continued the drive to Carolina, dumped her body, returned to Va, ditching the car.

It isn't certain. However, from what we know, no one who knows Ashanti seems surprised at the time she headed into work. That has not been flagged. Her ID was scanned at the base gate upon entry.

The first sign of anything unusual is that her car left the base. Why would she leave at that time? What happened that her car left base and then was found deserted? Her cell phone and hairpieces were found later that very day in a manner that appears they were pitched by someone. It is possible that she left the base of her own free will and also that she left alone. But then what? Why did she leave the base she'd entered a half hour or do ago?

My guess is that something bad happened when she got to the Blimpies. That whoever did that bad thing drove the car off base with Ashanti incapacitated, possibly dead at that time. Her phone and hair pieces were thrown out and the perp took Ashanti to Carolina and disposed of her body there. When in all of this she was killed is not released info.

After disposing of Ashanti's body, the perp drove back and ditched the car where it was found.

Most straightforward scenario,imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper