VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT but have you tried those 'curly' florescent lights? They are a little more expensive but save on the electric and last for years. I know some who only have to replace them every 5 years or so depending on how much they use them. Mine last a few years..... but they do not work with dimmer switches, a dimmer switch will cause them to blow out.

HTH!
yeah i tried them in the kitchen. They lasted about 6 months. I really liked them but if they are going to burn out in that amount of time (because of wireing i think) then i cant afford to have them all over the apt..lol..

OT- They do have some less expensive brands, and some of the lesser expensive brands burn out a little quicker for me depending on how frequently we use them. The walmart brand, or if you have any of the dollar stores usually have the less expensive non brand names. Maybe try those. The prices have definately gone down from a few years ago.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/235394

adding the above link because it includes the name of the funeral home which will hold services for Aveion and I know some of us were interested in finding out about making donations for his burial or services.

From the above link:

A funeral has not been scheduled pending the medical examiner's office release of Aveion's body, said Wendy Bishop of Valley Funeral Home and Cremation Services, which is handling arrangements.

Anyone local want to call the funeral home and find out if there is any way people can make donations if they wish to? or ask the funeral home about flowers or such? Maybe about where to make a donation towards a stone? TIA

Thank you! Just my experience as a realtor my friend. I was licensed for about 7 years before my son was born at which time the weekend and evening hours were too much for a single mom and I gave it up.

I should amend my previous statement. I've seen homes built in the 1950's with radiator heat but I can't think of any built in the 60's or later that still used water radiators or did not start using gas furnaces about that time.

Electric heat would be or is usually base boards around that time. However I don't know if electric heat was or is used in that area. Some hot water heat from the 1950's was also base board driven as well..... instead of the actual radiators, the silver ones seen in more vintage buildings.

Once lived in a house with hot water baseboard heat; it was awesome. So warm, no drafts, not dry. I miss it :(

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/235394

adding the above link because it includes the name of the funeral home which will hold services for Aveion and I know some of us were interested in finding out about making donations for his burial or services.

From the above link:

A funeral has not been scheduled pending the medical examiner's office release of Aveion's body, said Wendy Bishop of Valley Funeral Home and Cremation Services, which is handling arrangements.

Anyone local want to call the funeral home and find out if there is any way people can make donations if they wish to? or ask the funeral home about flowers or such? Maybe about where to make a donation towards a stone? TIA
I can call. I'll try today, if I can't reach them it will have to be Monday.

If they can't accept donations, perhaps a donation to a charity in his name?

http://www.chipofroanokevalley.org/

These people worked with little Aveion.

ETA: there is no website for the funeral home, but I found the number. Do you all want to wait until his body is released as far as donating to defray costs or purchasing a headstone? I was just thinking they may not be able to do too much until then.

Just see what info the funeral home will release if any. I'm not sure they will release anything without permission from the family, but at least they will know people are interested - of course provided we are assured it will go towards a stone, burial costs etc. and not in ML's pocket kind of thing.

donating to the other organization you suggested was another wonderful idea, thank you.

Monday is fine. I doubt you will reach anyone over the weekend.

thinking of Aveion stretching his wings in heaven.

Aveion, sweetie - could you make little Eddie Salazar feel welcome up there with the angels. You two have a lot in common and I hope you get to become friends and play together. Laughing and giggling like only two little ones can.

Salem

Just see what info the funeral home will release if any. I'm not sure they will release anything without permission from the family, but at least they will know people are interested - of course provided we are assured it will go towards a stone, burial costs etc. and not in ML's pocket kind of thing.

donating to the other organization you suggested was another wonderful idea, thank you.

Monday is fine. I doubt you will reach anyone over the weekend.

thinking of Aveion stretching his wings in heaven.

Thanks. CHiP is a great organization, so if the funeral home can't take donations, I'll contact CHIP and ask if there can be a fund set up in his name. I won't be able to get to this until Monday.

Thanks. CHiP is a great organization, so if the funeral home can't take donations, I'll contact CHIP and ask if there can be a fund set up in his name. I won't be able to get to this until Monday.
Thanks for doing this. I dont have much but I really want to donate something in Aveions name.

Thanks for doing this. I dont have much but I really want to donate something in Aveions name.

I can't give much either, but I'd like to see them start a fund in his name. Maybe it will help save the next little one at risk.

Not a lot more news, but a statement regarding the memorial service from Aveions biological family. Which has not been rescheduled at his time.

A memorial service for Aveion Malik Lewis was cancelled Saturday and was not immediately rescheduled because the medical examiner's office has not released the boy's body, his father said.
"We're trying to make sure that we give him a respectful and proper burial," said Aveion's father, James Lewis. "We want to make sure that everyone from both families can come."

a little more at link.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/235768

I think they should make sure mom can't be there. Wait until she is arrested and in jail.

Salem

I think whether mom is there or not, she will not get a welcoming reception. From what we read/heard she didn't receive a very welcoming warm fuzzy reception at the candle light vigil. It's my opinion she will receive the same such welcome or lack off, because many of us don't see how she could have not known based on the given timeline via the media.

I do hope that BL's family are not ostracized. I don't think it would be fair for them to be held responsible for BL's actions.

I'm impressed with what I have seen from Aveions biological father. It hasn't been much but regardless of whatever the previous circumstances were... he seems to be a pretty stand up man given these horrible circumstances. I've kept him in my prayers as well.

Anyone have any idea's why ML hasn't been charged? Is it possible the state has an interest in protecting itself because if they charged Morgan they may open themselves to repercussion for not protecting Aveion and returning custody to this house of hell he lived in? Abused for the first 15 months of his life, and then returned again to be abused and eventually murdered.

I'm dumbfounded why there hasn't even been any reports of LE considering charges against Morgan.

Any thoughts?

ETA: I wonder if Aveions biological father can charge Morgan with the wrongful death of their child, and if he has any avenue to seek damages from the state for not protecting his son.

Anyone have any idea's why ML hasn't been charged? Is it possible the state has an interest in protecting itself because if they charged Morgan they may open themselves to repercussion for not protecting Aveion and returning custody to this house of hell he lived in? Abused for the first 15 months of his life, and then returned again to be abused and eventually murdered.

I'm dumbfounded why there hasn't even been any reports of LE considering charges against Morgan.

Any thoughts?

ETA: I wonder if Aveions biological father can charge Morgan with the wrongful death of their child, and if he has any avenue to seek damages from the state for not protecting his son.

I have no idea and it frustrates me! :furious::furious:

She knew what was going on and she needs to be behind bars. Maybe LE is just processing the evidence and getting everything they can from BL before they charge her? And yes, it may be a case of the state CYA'ing. I just hope they arrest her soon!

Salem

Giving Aveion a bump for Valentine's Day... I cried as I filled out my nephew's valentines for school on Thursday... He had adorable Spongebob ones and it just made my heart hurt.

Is mom in jail yet? What is going on here? Do we have a COD yet?

FRUSTRATION.

Hope you are having a great day, sweet Aveion and that the angels are fun to play with. We think about you and are hoping for justice.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member