VA - Boy, 6, in custody after shooting teacher, Newport News, Jan 2023 *mom charged* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
not at all shocked that mom is still smoking. To me smoking cannabis isn't a big deal. My state recreational use is legal. But the woman KNOWS it was a condition of her bail to not use it and is STILL doing so.

ETA just shows me her priorities aren't dealing with this very serious event that she played a role in. Even now, after facing charges, she is playin. MOO

not at all shocked that mom is still smoking. To me smoking cannabis isn't a big deal. My state recreational use is legal. But the woman KNOWS it was a condition of her bail to not use it and is STILL doing so.

ETA just shows me her priorities aren't dealing with this very serious event that she played a role in. Even now, after facing charges, she is playin. MOO

Exactly!
Miss Deja Taylor still doesn't grasp the concept of actions = consequences. IMO, she is HUGELY instrumental in little boy JT's lack of the same.
I feel bad for Deja's grandfather, who has taken on the role of custodian/ caregiver of the boy.. Dude is up there in age, and it's obvious his grandaughter isn't willing to become a responsible adult now.

Aren’t there still some charges? Maybe the federal ones? I wish she would get the stiffest sentence on what is left, and it is because she clearly is not feeling sorry or accountable for anything.
She disgusts me. * My opinion

*Looks like sentencing may be all there is. I hope she gets the max.

Last edited:
Aren’t there still some charges? Maybe the federal ones? I wish she would get the stiffest sentence on what is left, and it is because she clearly is not feeling sorry or accountable for anything.
She disgusts me. * My opinion

*Looks like sentencing may be all there is. I hope she gets the max.

I went back a few posts, and found this article, by the NYPost on August 16th 2023. This was written just after she plead guilty in court, under an agreed plea deal.

"Deja Nicole Taylor, 26, pleaded guilty to child neglect, a class 6 felony that carries a maximum of five years behind bars, Newport News Commonwealth’s Attorney Howard Gwynn said in a statement to The Post.

In exchange for her plea, which avoids a jury trial, prosecutors agreed to drop a misdemeanor charge of reckless storage of a firearm and ask for a sentence within state guidelines, which is up to six months.
However, Circuit Judge Christopher Papile has the authority to give the maximum of five years when Taylor is sentenced on Oct. 27, the Daily Press reported.
“The Court has ordered a pre-sentence report and the Commonwealth will not ask the Court to deviate from the sentencing guidelines,” the statement said."

Now though...after these recent revelations regarding DT's failure to comply with court ordered drug testing, rehab class attendance and positive UDS's...she might have just sealed her own fate.

We shall see....

Deja Taylor wasn't just smoking weed. She was also using cocaine.

I wonder how many of the 6 year old's issues could be due to drug use during pregnancy.

Yep... cocaine, and she missed testing and treatment sessions. She can't be trusted.

Prosecutors claim Taylor tested positive for marijuana in July and for marijuana and cocaine in August. She was also supposed to submit to treatment for drug abuse, and court documents claim she missed two treatment sessions in August. Taylor also is accused of failing to get tested for drugs twice last month.

Prosecutors file motion to revoke Deja Taylor's bond, say she tested positive for marijuana, cocaine

ETA: And, has LE located the father?? Are they actively searching?

Last edited:

By the time he turned 5, Michael had developed an uncanny ability to switch from full-blown anger to moments of pure rationality or calculated charm — a facility that Anne describes as deeply unsettling. “You never know when you’re going to see a proper emotion,” she said. She recalled one argument, over a homework assignment, when Michael shrieked and wept as she tried to reason with him. “I said: ‘Michael, remember the brainstorming we did yesterday? All you have to do is take your thoughts from that and turn them into sentences, and you’re done!’ He’s still screaming bloody murder, so I say, ‘Michael, I thought we brainstormed so we could avoid all this drama today.’ He stopped dead, in the middle of the screaming, turned to me and said in this flat, adult voice, ‘Well, you didn’t think that through very clearly then, did you?’ ”

(I’ve gifted this article, BTW — so it’s not behind a paywall.)

I sure would like to know how Michael is today.

Since this excellent article was written, there have been advances in treatment for young psychopaths, although it’s still a tough road.

From 2017—
Ah! That's a conversation/interview piece with the author of the article I posted a link to yesterday. If you haven't read it, scroll back up the thread, and you can find out more about Samantha and the work being done in this area.

MOO

Ah! That's a conversation/interview piece with the author of the article I posted a link to yesterday. If you haven't read it, scroll back up the thread, and you can find out more about Samantha and the work being done in this area.

MOO

I forgot where I read it! :)

Exactly!
Miss Deja Taylor still doesn't grasp the concept of actions = consequences. IMO, she is HUGELY instrumental in little boy JT's lack of the same.
I feel bad for Deja's grandfather, who has taken on the role of custodian/ caregiver of the boy.. Dude is up there in age, and it's obvious his grandaughter isn't willing to become a responsible adult now.
I also wonder how much of a role this grandfather played in his descendants being the way they are.

(I've said that quite a few times, WRT the whole "grandparents raising grandchildren" thing. It doesn't go over well, even if the people I told this to aren't part of that demographic.)

Yep... cocaine, and she missed testing and treatment sessions. She can't be trusted.

Prosecutors claim Taylor tested positive for marijuana in July and for marijuana and cocaine in August. She was also supposed to submit to treatment for drug abuse, and court documents claim she missed two treatment sessions in August. Taylor also is accused of failing to get tested for drugs twice last month.

Prosecutors file motion to revoke Deja Taylor's bond, say she tested positive for marijuana, cocaine

ETA: And, has LE located the father?? Are they actively searching?
There are active warrants for his arrest per VA Court Case site. He’s in the run imo. Moo, I believe mom is or will be on the run. Not showing up for the last two drug tests in August and a request to revoke her bond, leads me to believe they don’t know where she is.

All moo

Moo…She will have a very difficult time in federal prison. She does not appear to be able to abide by the law even when faced with imprisonment. I don’t see her conforming to prison rules or being told what to do.

Interested to see how long it takes the judge to revoke the bond. Now she will get to meet Federal Marshals, quite different from local LE. Moo

Exactly!
There's a popular YT channel that has body cam videos of LE arresting really dumb criminals, and every single time, the criminal turns it around and starts playing the victim, taking zero responsibility for their actions.

Deja Taylor reminds me of these folks.

There's a popular YT channel that has body cam videos of LE arresting really dumb criminals, and every single time, the criminal turns it around and starts playing the victim, taking zero responsibility for their actions.

Deja Taylor reminds me of these folks.

She seemed pretty angry in that interview, I did not pick up scared, remorseful but angry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb
Back