GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:furious:

what a stupid mistake!!!! putting those juror's lives at risk and also making this family now wait!!!

i am furious............this is disgusting...........

'Morning popsicle and QB :).

What a jarring development, I can't imagine any of the trials could take place with this buffoonery having happened. So sorry for Captain Quick's family, and for the jurors who must be angry and rather shocked at the lack of oversight of the defendants, in the courtroom of all places.

I cant imagine the fear the jurors must feel. All of their info is now available to convicts who could retaliate. That's why some people didn't want to be on the juror. So do they just try over again in a couple months? Do they move out of state?

i feel they will probably start over for all of the defendants with a brand new jury.....what else can they do?

there is no way for any sitting juror to feel safe at this point.....

as stated above........in the courtroom of all places....

smh.....

ridiculous :furious:

:rose: officer kevin quick

I know what a joke, right. NOT

The judge mentioned in court that neither the prosecutors nor the defense attorneys had asked for an anonymous jury.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...efendants-in-Kevin-Quick-Trial-303428281.html

And then there's that.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/29041232/update-mistrial-declared-for-6-defendants-in-quick-murder-trial

Federal court transcripts show that on Thursday, May 7, a U.S. marshal discovered one of the defendants in this case got a list of the 134 potential jurors, including the 16 impaneled jurors, and made copies at the jail in Orange. The list contained the juror's names, years of birth, last four digits of their social security numbers, spouse's occupations, number of children and addresses. Authorities did not identify which defendant had the list.
---------
much more at link...........

AND MADE COPIES!!! can you believe that?? :mad:

i really feel for the family of officer quick.....just when they were as emotionally prepared as they could be to face this court process, it's put on hold and under these circumstances!

well, i guess i'll see you fellow justice seekers back here again when they reassemble......take care friends:heartbeat:

:rose: strength to those that love him

I hope some heads roll over this. This is unconscionable. These people are evil and dangerous. This could've turned out much, much worse.

So one of the defendants "stole" the list of jurors from his/her attorney and made copies? Shame on the Defense Team for not securing this information. I understand the defendants have a right to see all the paperwork?, but seriously?

Colleen Quigley @colleenwquigley · 20m20 minutes ago
Gang activity in the jail where #KevinQuick defendants being held is major concern for FBI, according to court docs. http://bit.ly/1EDZmdo

Colleen Quigley @colleenwquigley · 19m19 minutes ago
According to court docs two defendants "actively recruiting" new members, and finding new ways around the jail's security protocols.

Colleen Quigley @colleenwquigley · 4m4 minutes ago
Juror opens up about #KevinQuick defendant getting hold of his personal information http://newsplex.com/a?a=303681361

omg so one link says they made copies, one link says no, there was just one copy but there were tick marks by three names.....good lord!

and these gang members are circumventing their mail systems at the jail, recruiting members, discussing juror/prospective jurors by name on the phone, using other inmate PINS......

hell, they are running the show...........anyone else as alarmed as i am? :tantrum: if i needed blood pressure meds, i'd be taking them about now :mad:

someone better get control of that place and i mean yesterday or it's going to continue to get uglier and by place i don't mean just the jail.......but the jail's a good place to start.......my god :mad:

I agree! I wondered how someone in prison just goes and makes copies. The whole thing seems strange to me. And they are recruiting in jail. Really? I'm sorry but just give them the electric chair now so the evil can stop.

Court records: Defendant who obtained jury pool list in Kevin Quick case is high-ranking gang member

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virgini...cle_12a1dde5-7ee9-5864-9243-00608d800a03.html

The defendant who obtained a jury pool list, triggering a mistrial in Charlottesville for six suspects in the killing of a Waynesboro reserve police captain, is a high-ranking gang member who recruited while behind bars awaiting trial, court records and a U.S. Marshal allege.

Travis Leon Bell, a previously convicted felon also known as Kweli Uhuru, possessed the jury pool list for “at least one night,” or 15 hours, while being held in the Central Virginia Regional Jail in Orange County and “had some conversations about names,” according to court transcripts obtained Wednesday by The Daily Progress and The News Virginian.

The leak of the jury pool list prompted federal Judge Glen Conrad to declare a mistrial Tuesday for Bell and five others accused in the killing of Kevin Wayne Quick, 45. The case now either won’t be tried in Charlottesville until next year or will be moved to a new venue, possibly Roanoke, Big Stone Gap or Richmond, and possibly before an anonymous jury, the judge has said.

Bell was known as “Big Homie,” a term of respect for higher-ranking Bloods members. He and Gert Arthur Wright III, also known as Halisi Uhuru, whom authorities described as the highest-ranking gang member of the six suspects, both recruited while in jail, a federal official alleged.
----------
much more at link

unbelievable :mad:

http://wric.com/2015/05/22/new-tria...k-murder-trial-after-6-defendants-mistrialed/

just another link for the new trial date........wanted to post it so that we'd have another source listed here when trial FINALLY comes about to check for updates........

this poor family having to wait sooooooo long now for justice, a shame really that this can happen in a courtroom no less......

reserve-capt-kevin-quick-3.jpg

:rose: Officer Kevin Quick, we will be here awaiting justice

Rest In Peace Sir, With Honor and Thank You For Your Service

Court Records ID Defendant who Obtained Quick Murder Jury List

WAYNESBORO, Va. (AP) - A published report says court records identify the defendant who obtained a jury pool list for the trial of six people charged in the slaying of Waynesboro Police Reserve Officer Kevin Quick.

The incident prompted a judge to declare a mistrial for all six defendants this week.

Transcripts obtained by The News-Virginian and The Daily Progress show Travis Bell obtained the list. The News-Virginian (http://bit.ly/1Hj0ZmP ) says the transcripts are of a May 7 meeting between U.S. District Judge Glen Conrad and lawyers for both sides.

The newspaper says the transcripts also show that Bell and co-defendant Gert Wright recruited gang members while in jail.

Bell and three co-defendants are charged with killing 45-year-old Kevin Quick in 2014. Wright and a sixth co-defendant are charged with racketeering and obstruction of justice.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/29064420/court-records-id-defendant-who-obtained-quick-murder-jury-list

Suspect in Quick Trial Files Motion for Change of Venue

One of the suspects, Halisi Uhuru, has now filed a motion for change of venue. Uhuru's defense council says negative media coverage about Uhuru's alleged gang connection will make it impossible to get a fair trial in the Charlottesville district. Defense council is suggesting Roanoke or Richmond for a new venue.

Following the mistrial, the judge said both the prosecution and defense have until June to file all motions and responses dealing with where the trial will be held, as well as securing jury anonymity. A hearing on the motions is set for July 18 in Roanoke.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/29289333/suspect-in-quick-trial-files-motion-for-change-of-venue

:rose: officer kevin quick, justice is delayed but will be done

[h=1]Judge denies double jeopardy motion in Kevin Quick case[/h]Judge Glen E. Conrad granted a mistrial for all six defendants in May. This was because investigators discovered Kweli Uhuru (also known as Travis Bell) had obtained and shared a list of potential jurors and their information.

In August, attorneys for Kweli Uhuru and Daniel Mathis argued their clients couldn’t be tried again because of double jeopardy. They claimed the prosecution caused a mistrial on purpose, and that their clients were forced to agree to a mistrial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt
Back