GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These are all new charges associated with this arrest. I can't find any older records any of them. I am still searching though . . .

Breakdown of Charges

Daniel L. Mathis

From Louisa County Sheriff's Office
One felony count of unlawful shooting
One felony count of robbery
One felony count of use of firearm to commit robbery , malicious wounding;
One misdemeanor count of brandishing a firearm
One misdemeanor count of recklessly handle a firearm
One misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed weapon
Two felony counts of use of a firearm to commit malicious wounding.
From Virginia State Police
One felony count of grand larceny

Mersadies Shelton

From Virginia State Police
One felony count of grand larceny

Shantai Shelton

Louisa County Sheriff's Office
One misdemeanor count each with selling stolen property and obtaining money by false pretense

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/...tion-to-Search-For-Kevin-Quick-243806131.html

If anyone could connect this family to Mineral, VA I would be very interested . . .

I wonder, since no murder charges are listed is it possible he's still alive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder, since no murder charges are listed is it possible he's still alive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so, sadly. Imo they probably bring murder charges when they find his body. Hopefully someone will talk.

so on pipl.com it lists an address for Shantai(if it's the same person) that is about 8 miles from where the vehicle was found.

IMOO.

I think I am missing the meaning/significance of this. Can you point me in the right direction within the TOS?

Did Kevin hire a DJ for his brother's birthday party?

Pardon me for asking, and I do so with respect, but how do you know this?
I am asking because I've not seen where you are a verified insider, and the information is not in msm, so I am reluctant to take a post to be truth without knowing why. I hope you understand.

Aeronomy! Where are your manners?

I completely understand not believing what I say. I am not a verified insider and didn't even think to become one. What I have stated is true. But I am not offended that you may not believe me because I am a stranger. However, I know Kevin personally. He would have never left on his own.

Please watch the news conference.

I will bow out from this discussion further if that is what is best.

Twinbabyg, I sincerely apologize for the way I worded my response previously. In hindsight, I realize it was rather rude and that's not the way I intended to come across. I meant to address you with respect, but even feeling respect, boy did I not deliver it in a very respectful way. My response to you was quite tactless and I apologize.

Also, thank you for the information you have provided here Twinbabyg. I should have thanked you previously. Furthermore, I should have followed my gratitude with the information on what a Verified Insider is and included the link that Sunrisenow was so courteous to provide for you, in my own response. And if I caused you to feel offended by my post, I apologize even more for potentially bringing about those feelings.

Well, a lot of the articles back up what this poster is saying. It is everyone's choice to believe or not. I, for one appreciate this posters familiarlarity with the missing officer and the area. We encourage people all the time who are familiar with the area, people involved, the case, to post on here. Respectfully, IMO.

Thank you, Zuri. I do agree with you. I am willing to listen and read any post with any information offered from anyone. My previous response was not considerate in any way and I am thankful you stepped in as an offset of what I'd stated previously.

Twinbaby- please dont stop posting. IMO, what you have to say is no different then the news because people can choose to believe them or not......weve seen they dont have all the facts.

You are right katinva. MSM so often misconstrues so much. Many times it is insiders, verified or not, who help everyone to see a much clearer picture.

To anyone I may have offended, I apologize.

I think I am missing the meaning/significance of this. Can you point me in the right direction within the TOS?

Did Kevin hire a DJ for his brother's birthday party?

(CNN) -- It was supposed to be a big day for Kevin Quick. His youngest brother was turning 40 and, to celebrate, Kevin planned a big birthday bash -- hiring a DJ, hanging decorations, not to mention inviting friends and family to join in the fun.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02...

None of the three people arrested showed up in Lousia Country Criminal Court records, but there are pages and pages of records for over a dozen different people with the last name Shelton in Mineral, Va (a town of less than 500 people).

Great find on the missing report for Shantai. I couldn't get the link to work. Has anyone been able to access that thread?

Why yes, a person by the name of Shantai Shelton has ties or had ties to Mineral, Virginia, by way of Pipl.com, if it is the same person of course.....

also interesting that there's an archive listed on that page(link below) for websleuths for a missing Shantai Shelton back in 2008....

IMOO.

https://pipl.com/search/?q=shantai+shelton&l=Mineral,+VA,+US&sloc=US|VA|Mineral&in=5

Aeronomy! Where are your manners?

Twinbabyg, I sincerely apologize for the way I worded my response previously. In hindsight, I realize it was rather rude and that's not the way I intended to come across. I meant to address you with respect, but even feeling respect, boy did I not deliver it in a very respectful way. My response to you was quite tactless and I apologize.

Also, thank you for the information you have provided here Twinbabyg. I should have thanked you previously. Furthermore, I should have followed my gratitude with the information on what a Verified Insider is and included the link that Sunrisenow was so courteous to provide for you, in my own response. And if I caused you to feel offended by my post, I apologize even more for potentially bringing about those feelings.

Thank you, Zuri. I do agree with you. I am willing to listen and read any post with any information offered from anyone. My previous response was not considerate in any way and I am thankful you stepped in as an offset of what I'd stated previously.

You are right katinva. MSM so often misconstrues so much. Many times it is insiders, verified or not, who help everyone to see a much clearer picture.

To anyone I may have offended, I apologize.

Thank you. I accept your apology. I was not offended just disheartened. I completely understand not wanting to believe me. I am just so upset about this and this forum has helped me deal. We have had two people in our community go missing and this one has hit home because he is a personal friend.

Thank you again for your apology. I really appreciate it.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I contacted a Mod and she is going to contact the administrators who do the archiving to open up the Shantai Shelton missing person forum. I don't know what that will tell us, but I find it really interesting that POI already had a thread here.

Great find Treelights!!!!!!

The picture of the three suspects is captioned as "Shantai Shelton, Mersaides Shelton and Daniel Mathis (left to right)"

But referencing their FB pics, it appears that Mersaides is first and Shantai is in the middle.

I can't believe people are posting comments on Shantai's FB page about her arrest! One went as far as linking the ATM photo to her page. I hate to think she could hurt KWQ, but innocent until proven guilty.

I would think that posting anything on a suspect's FB account would encourage that suspect to delete info or close the FB account. That would leave less SM info to explore for LE...

Just wanted to let everyone know, I contacted a Mod and she is going to contact the administrators who do the archiving to open up the Shantai Shelton missing person forum. I don't know what that will tell us, but I find it really interesting that POI already had a thread here.

Great find Treelights!!!!!!

And from that Pipl.com link it looks to be archived in the Located Missing Persons and Support Archive.
Thanks for contacting a mod to contact the administrators, so that they can perhaps open the archive so that we can find out perhaps a back story to Shantai Shelton.

IMOO.

I hope they find Kevin soon for his family's sake. He sounds like such a nice man, taking care of his mom and being a family oriented person. I feel so badly for his brother who turned 40. He will never forget that day, for all the wrong reasons. :( This just makes me so sad.

Twinbabyg, please know that we care and we are here for you. I hope you and his family can take comfort in knowing that 7 LE agencies are all over this case. There will be no stone left unturned. The fact that $30K has been raised by the community speaks volumes as to how respected and well liked Kevin and his family are. Our Prayers are with you, the family and friends. Respectfully, IMO

Here is a link to the archived case on Shanti: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hope that it works for everybody. Thank CatFancier, she is the one that found it :)

Thank you Cat!

Also - listen up here - It is against TOS to sleuth friends/family on a perp's facebook, so please don't do that and bring it here. I've removed a couple of posts discussing "friends" found on facebook.

Also - if you are not sure it is the right person - DON'T post it until you have verified it, okay?

Thanks!

Salem

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member