GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HAMPTON, Va. — Closing arguments will be presented in the murder trial against Hampton man Cory Bigsby on Tuesday. Then, Bigsby's fate will be in the hands of 12 jurors, who will determine if he is guilty of killing his son Codi.

After the defense rested its case on Monday, the judge adjourned, telling jurors he wanted the instructions and the closing arguments fresh in their minds when they deliberate.
Closing arguments to be presented in Cory Bigsby murder trial

Jury instructions are scheduled to start at 9 a.m., followed by closing arguments and deliberations. The jury could come to a decision today.
Closing arguments to begin in Cory Bigsby’s murder trial

Amina is too busy with her run for states attorney I guess.
The ladies that attended court this week said Amina just sat there saying nothing. By the end of yesterday corys lawyers looked dejected. But it clued in to me last night Cory still has a ton of charges waiting to go to trial all the disregard of life and failure to seek medical attention .

11:30 a.m. - Jurors begin deliberating
Closing arguments have concluded, and now the case has gone to the jury.

The jury will deliberate on Cory Bigsby's charges of second-degree murder and concealing a body. Jurors can review any of the presented evidence they’d like while in the room.

If the jury cannot reach a unanimous verdict, the case will end in a mistrial.
Bigsby murder trial updates: Jurors are now deliberating

It's in the jury's hands now. Please let them get it right.

11:30 a.m. - Jurors begin deliberating
Closing arguments have concluded, and now the case has gone to the jury.

The jury will deliberate on Cory Bigsby's charges of second-degree murder and concealing a body. Jurors can review any of the presented evidence they’d like while in the room.

If the jury cannot reach a unanimous verdict, the case will end in a mistrial.
Bigsby murder trial updates: Jurors are now deliberating

It's in the jury's hands now. Please let them get it right.

1:30 p.m. - Jury reaches verdict​

The jury has reached a verdict nearly two hours after beginning deliberations. The verdict is expected to be delivered shortly.

So found guilty on murder and I believe abuse of corpse now I believe there should be trial for all the child endangerment and failure to get medical attention I believe 10 charges or more jmoo but a damn happy dance in the guilty verdict just wish the felon would say where Codi is.

WATCH LIVE: Jury finds Cory Bigsby guilty of killing his son, Codi Bigsby. News video . Waiting on press conference from prosecutors and DA Bell .lol from this report Amina is a little salty
This live press conference was something else. I have so much more respect for commonwealth bell and the job his department and le did in this case it's well worth the watch . He is going for 40 yrs for the murder 5 for concealing the max plus he's going hard on the other charges. So much respect for him . He is lead commonwealth in all VA he's a minister a family man and so much more . Well done sir

This live press conference was something else. I have so much more respect for commonwealth bell and the job his department and le did in this case it's well worth the watch . He is going for 40 yrs for the murder 5 for concealing the max plus he's going hard on the other charges. So much respect for him . He is lead commonwealth in all VA he's a minister a family man and so much more . Well done sir
Is there a way to watch this now that it’s not live?

The verdict was reached around 1:45 p.m. and 10 On Your Side’s Chris Horne was in the courtroom. He said Cory was “as stoic as he was throughout the entire seven days” when the decision was reached.

Advocates for Codi Bigsby were heard chanting “Justice for Codi” as Cory’s sister, Tandeleyia Butler, walked away. Butler could be heard saying, “I never lied from the beginning, and I don’t lie now,” while leaving the courthouse.

Curtis Brown, Cory Bigsby’s attorney, was asked if the defense will attempt to appeal the decision.

“You all presented the case the way that you all wanted, as if he was already guilty,” Brown said.

When asked if he thought Codi was still alive, Brown stated, “I don’t want to say something that, you know, I’ll regret.”

It will not be until mid-June until Cory Bigsby’s sentencing.

Closing Arguments​

Jury instruction started at 9 a.m., followed by closing arguments. Deliberation started at 11:25 a.m. 14 jurors were presented the evidence, but only 12, eight women and four men, deliberated.

During closing arguments, Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney Anton Bell asked the jurors to think about a protective and nurturing parent, saying, “This case is not about that. It’s about a predator.”

Bell went on to tell the jurors to use their common sense.

“He beat that child with his fists and dumped the child like he was trash,” Bell said. “You have the ability to bring to Codi what no one else can bring, and that’s accountability.”

Defense Attorney Curtis Brown took longer on closing arguments and was seen flipping through large white pages on a stand to support his case.

“Reasonable doubt means not guilty,” Brown repeatedly said to the jury.
Cory Bigsby found guilty in murder of son, Codi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back