GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAR 11, 2024
[...]

Will former Hampton Police Chief testify?​

... They may also call Norfolk Police Chief Mark Talbot to the stand because he was chief of the Hampton Police Division at the time of Codi's disappearance.

When did Codi really go missing?​

The Commonwealth made the case last week that Codi Bigsby was killed in June 2021... During opening statements, defense attorneys said they plan to present evidence that Codi was alive between June and January.

Is circumstantial evidence enough?​

The case lacks physical evidence, like DNA, fingerprints or a body, so prosecutors presented only circumstantial evidence. Kenneth Singleton ... posed this question to the jury: "What do these witnesses bring that shows evidence of a murder?" The question now is whether the jury heard enough circumstantial evidence to convict. ...

[...]

Bigsby murder trial updates: Defense witness testimony underway Monday morning.
11 a.m. — 911 call reporting Codi missing, Cory Bigsby's jail behavior discussed in testimony
Hampton's director of public safety communications brought a copy of the 911 call Cory Bigsby made to report his son missing on Jan. 31, 2022.

Bigsby said in part, “I think my son is missing," and reported that he searched for Codi, even outside, and couldn’t find him. Bigsby told the operator he last saw Codi the night before wearing black sweatpants, a black shirt, a black jacket, black socks and Spider-Man flip-flops.

The assistant superintendent for Hampton Roads Regional Jail also testified, shedding light on Cory Bigsby's behavior.

He said Bigsby transferred several times while in custody, first starting in the quarantine unit for COVID-19 safety precautions, then general population.

Tandeleya Butler is indeed a lying liar lying. She claims she saw him at a September 2021 family gathering. Did any of the other attendees testify similarly? Because if it was a family gathering I have to believe there were other family members present. If none of the others testified they saw him I would hope the prosecution on rebuttal will ask the following questions:

A. What other family members were present?

If they were called to the stand would they also testify that Codi was there that day? (they won't or the defense would also have called them, particularly since no photos were offered and it is literally just her word on the matter) MOO. and

B. Were ANY photos taken at the family gathering in September of 2021?

If so I would hope the prosecutors would bring the jury's notice to who WAS featured in the photos (were Codi's brothers featured in any of them?) etc. because it would drive home the fact that Tandeleya is in fact a lying liar who is lying under oath.

as to the member of the public who testified he saw Codi at a Lion King in the days just prior to him being reported missing. He is either completely mistaken, or he saw Cory Bigsby with one of Codi's brothers at the store that day, no CODI. JMO On rebuttal I hope the state can discredit that witness, maybe by showing photos of Codi's brothers and asking for each one, "are you sure it wasn't this child you saw that day? Or this one? Or this one"

Tandeleya Butler is indeed a lying liar lying. She claims she saw him at a September 2021 family gathering. Did any of the other attendees testify similarly? Because if it was a family gathering I have to believe there were other family members present. If none of the others testified they saw him I would hope the prosecution on rebuttal will ask the following questions:

A. What other family members were present?

If they were called to the stand would they also testify that Codi was there that day? (they won't or the defense would also have called them, particularly since no photos were offered and it is literally just her word on the matter) MOO. and

B. Were ANY photos taken at the family gathering in September of 2021?

If so I would hope the prosecutors would bring the jury's notice to who WAS featured in the photos (were Codi's brothers featured in any of them?) etc. because it would drive home the fact that Tandeleya is in fact a lying liar who is lying under oath.

as to the member of the public who testified he saw Codi at a Lion King in the days just prior to him being reported missing. He is either completely mistaken, or he saw Cory Bigsby with one of Codi's brothers at the store that day, no CODI. JMO On rebuttal I hope the state can discredit that witness, maybe by showing photos of Codi's brothers and asking for each one, "are you sure it wasn't this child you saw that day? Or this one? Or this one"
A couple lady's that are at court said state asked about pictures of Codi on that day. Day one of the trial Amina said they had about 30 witnesses on Friday media asked Amina about their witnesses monday she told them to ask state and today its looking like only 3 or 4 witnesses.i also rember first day of trial or the day before hearing they were going to prove codi's alive and well in another state it was all just a bunch of yapping . I just wish Cory would say where Codi is so that little guy can have a proper send off

1:10 p.m. — Defense rests its case​

The trial has gone into recess after the defense rested its case Monday.
For the final witness called by the defense, a former Hampton police detective who interrogated Bigsby took the stand. Jurors saw surveillance video of the interrogation, where the detective's line of questioning suggested the possibility an accident involving Codi took place, which Bigsby denied.

Defense attorneys called her to testify to seemingly diminish the prosecutors' argument about Bigsby killing Codi in June 2021.

On the flip side, prosecuting attorneys played multiple news reports where Butler doesn't give the same answers about the last time she saw Codi.

In a local interview that aired on June 2023, Butler spoke about seeing Codi at the September 2021 gathering.

snip]
The man said he called police to report the possible sighting. Prosecutors then showed the man a photo in court.
He said, "It sure looks like him."

Afterward, defense attorneys showed the man a photo of Codi.

He "that's him," then said the other photo "seems off." Jurors later learned prosecutors showed the witness a photo of Codi's older brother.
Bigsby murder trial updates: Defense rests after witness testimony Monday morning

It was only in June of 2023 that she started saying she herself saw him.

Nice, exactly what I hoped they'd do.

1:10 p.m. — Defense rests its case​

The trial has gone into recess after the defense rested its case Monday.
For the final witness called by the defense, a former Hampton police detective who interrogated Bigsby took the stand. Jurors saw surveillance video of the interrogation, where the detective's line of questioning suggested the possibility an accident involving Codi took place, which Bigsby denied.
3:45 p.m. — Closing arguments to begin Tuesday morning
Court is done for the day and closing arguments will start Tuesday morning.

On Monday afternoon, Judge James Hawks and attorneys on both sides worked to make some decisions before jurors return for closing arguments.

Tandaleyia Nicole Butler, told reporters the prosecution’s murder case against her brother — including that Codi was killed in June 2021 — doesn’t add up.

“I know for a fact that’s not possible,” she said of the time frame. “That’s a bald-faced lie.”

Butler, 48, said her brother’s four young sons — including Codi, who was then 3 — attended a gathering “at my house” in the D.C. area in September or October of 2021. The celebration, she said, marked the birthday of her and Cory’s late mother — Codi’s grandmother.

“We have a trampoline, and they were doing what all the kids do, playing,” Butler said of her nephews. “And in December, a relative was at his house, and Codi was very much alive.”

Butler said she was looking for pictures of the party that she said she would send to the Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot.
Cory Bigsby’s sister says Codi’s alleged death in June 2021 ‘not possible’ based on when she last saw him

I note the unnamed relative that allegedly visited Cory at his home and "saw" Codi in December of 2021 was notably NOT called to testify by the defense. Why? Because Ms. Butler is a big ole lying liar who lies. I truly hope the jury see her for exactly who she is.

Sending pictures to the press -- but not her brother's defense attorneys, or the prosecutors, or LE, or the court system.

Hmmm.

jmho ymmv lrr
she never sent them because they didn't exist. She made an outrageous claim and then promised the proof later, but the proof never once came. Or she would have given them to the defense and they would have whipped them out.

MAR 12, 2024

8:30 a.m. - Bigsby walks into court

Cory Bigsby has walked into Hampton Circuit Court for what may be the day a verdict comes down.

Jurors returning Tuesday are set to hear closing arguments starting at 9 a.m. before beginning deliberations.

#JUSTICE4CODI!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarleyMahem
Back