VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not the biggest deal in all this... but why ever in the world would these people's basement be filled with animal feces? I get the impression that the lives of the adults may have been totally out of control.

I know it's not the biggest deal in all this... but why ever in the world would these people's basement be filled with animal feces? I get the impression that the lives of the adults may have been totally out of control.

Well, let's see. Dr Kelley recently lost her job, she separated from her husband, her relationship with her daughter was falling apart. I would not be surprised if she was massively depressed. When people get depressed, their lives can get out of control. You may not feel inspired to do much, including cleaning up after your pets.

There is a photo of the outside of the house that makes it look like it was in a state of decline, so the inside may have been as well.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...AE9q4i4ySQ0eV_qZefmRQD9AQQKFG0?index=0&ned=us

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local_other/article/FARM23S1_20090922-223002/294842/

This is an interesting article, with input from James Hodgeson a fellow teacher at Longwood University. But it has some errors...for example they say that Emma and Sam planned to meet at the concert, when we know that Sam flew to Emma's house and drove to the concert together.

Also, here it says that Debra drove Emma and Melanie to the concert, and it is not clear if Mark went too. Others say is was Mark that drove.

Mark drove. The Sunday before they left he told his congregation that the family was going to the beach that week.

Well, let's see. Dr Kelley recently lost her job, she separated from her husband, her relationship with her daughter was falling apart. I would not be surprised if she was massively depressed. When people get depressed, their lives can get out of control. You may not feel inspired to do much, including cleaning up after your pets.

There is a photo of the outside of the house that makes it look like it was in a state of decline, so the inside may have been as well.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...AE9q4i4ySQ0eV_qZefmRQD9AQQKFG0?index=0&ned=us

Sorry if I was stating the obvious.

Eccentricity is not uncommon with those living a life of the mind (i.e.: academics)

Mark drove. The Sunday before they left he told his congregation that the family was going to the beach that week.

He must not have wanted to tell people he was taking them all to that concert.

(Oops, guess that's stating the obvious, too. :) I'm always good for that!)

This past weekend, Farmville police described their first encounter with McCroskey. McCroskey answered the door at the home of Kelley and Emma on Thursday at 11:58 p.m. after a single officer went to check on Wells at the request of her mother, police said.

But yesterday, police said McCroskey called one hour later, Friday at 12:58 a.m., and said he heard something in the basement and wanted police to check it, said Wade Stimpson, the town's acting police chief.

Two officers arrived, and McCroskey let them into the house and the officers went down some stairs into the basement, which was covered with animal feces, Stimpson said. The officers then left without suspicion.

The bodies were not in the basement and were in a "totally separate part of the house," Stimpson said.

Less than four hours later, about 4:40 a.m., a Prince Edward sheriff's deputy ticketed McCroskey for driving without a license after he got a stolen car stuck in a ditch, authorities said. McCroskey is accused of stealing the car from Mark Niederbrock.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/FARM231_20090922-233601/294871/

So, WHY DID SAM CALL THE POLICE? Was it a thrill to have the police in the house with the bodies? Was he planning to kill them too?

I seriously think he was going to try to kill them too - why else would someone who just BRUTUALLY murdered four innocent people call the police to come to the house where the murdered people were? He may have thought there was no way he could kill both of them without endangering his pathetic life.

Eccentricity is not uncommon with those living a life of the mind (i.e.: academics)

I don't know about common, but yes you're right, it happens. Although--I specialize in theoretical syntax, but I don't live in cat ****. With the loss of tenure, I'd say there are some very depressing signs that go beyond "eccentricity."

I seriously think he was going to try to kill them too - why else would someone who just BRUTUALLY murdered four innocent people call the police to come to the house where the murdered people were? He may have thought there was no way he could kill both of them without endangering his pathetic life.

He may have had conflicting feelings about wanting it to all be over?

Just a thought on the animal feces in the basement

A. We do not know when they were killed
B. The animals were undoubtedly not taken care of for several days leaving messes everywhere - and he probably locked the animals in the basement.

Who knows the state of Dr. Kelly's well-being - but we can be assured that those animals were NOT tended to for a few days.

Just a thought on the animal feces in the basement

A. We do not know when they were killed
B. The animals were undoubtedly not taken care of for several days leaving messes everywhere - and he probably locked the animals in the basement.

Who knows the state of Dr. Kelly's well-being - but we can be assured that those animals were NOT tended to for a few days.

Oh, that's a really good point.

He may have had conflicting feelings about wanting it to all be over?

Anything is possible - I just doubt it seriously - he was running away, and he doesn't seem to be the smartest "killer" in the world, simply evil IMO!

I think that is possible, but I also think he may have called the police to possibly throw them off his trail -- if he says he hears noises in the basement, and then leaves in the car (at the time, he was thinking he would drive home or at least to Richmond for his flight), then when the police discover the bodies they might remember the kid who called concerned about a possible intruder -- and then that kid is missing, perhaps taken by the intruder.

Irrational, in light of DNA and such, yeah -- but nothing Sam has done of late is rational.

I don't know about common, but yes you're right, it happens. Although--I specialize in theoretical syntax, but I don't live in cat ****. With the loss of tenure, I'd say there are some very depressing signs that go beyond "eccentricity."

It's fairly common, for sure. Mainly because research and writing take SO much time and energy and it is easy to forget about anything else going on around you. Add on top of that teaching duties, lesson plans, grading, endless meetings, service requirements -- if I am ever lucky enough to have tenure, I'm hiring a maid.

I think that is possible, but I also think he may have called the police to possibly throw them off his trail -- if he says he hears noises in the basement, and then leaves in the car (at the time, he was thinking he would drive home or at least to Richmond for his flight), then when the police discover the bodies they might remember the kid who called concerned about a possible intruder -- and then that kid is missing, perhaps taken by the intruder.

Irrational, in light of DNA and such, yeah -- but nothing Sam has done of late is rational.

That is an interesting theory, but as you say, irrational because one hour earlier, he told police that Melanie went to the movies with friends, when in fact she was already dead.

Anything is possible - I just doubt it seriously - he was running away, and he doesn't seem to be the smartest "killer" in the world, simply evil IMO!

He was running, but I don't think he was seriously running....when he wrecked the car, he told police he was leaving soon for California.

“He told deputies he was going back to California in the very near future,“ Raybold said.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/n...layings_to_be_held_by_video_conferenc/294463/

Then he went to the airport to wait for a day! He indirectly told police where he could be found.

Yes, he may have been running around half-nuts from what he'd done, and half wanting to be caught. Figure that with his usual habits, he wasn't probably clean and sober during all this either. Not eating, not sleeping, perhaps freaking over something in the basement because he was surrounded by dead people.

He was running, but I don't think he was seriously running....when he wrecked the car, he told police he was leaving soon for California.

“He told deputies he was going back to California in the very near future,“ Raybold said.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/n...layings_to_be_held_by_video_conferenc/294463/

Then he went to the airport to wait for a day! He indirectly told police where he could be found.

LOL Gene - I did not mean running in the literal sense. And once again he was a stupid killer - b/c he did not even realize what he was saying to them - IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme