VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is possible, but I also think he may have called the police to possibly throw them off his trail -- if he says he hears noises in the basement, and then leaves in the car (at the time, he was thinking he would drive home or at least to Richmond for his flight), then when the police discover the bodies they might remember the kid who called concerned about a possible intruder -- and then that kid is missing, perhaps taken by the intruder.

Irrational, in light of DNA and such, yeah -- but nothing Sam has done of late is rational.

ITA. I think it was his lame attempt to create an alibi.

Yeah, I can definitely buy the potential alibi theory too.

Some info about what went on at the michigan concert:

At the concert, McCroskey hung out with the teen victims before and after the show, according to a friend who also attended the event.

So, whatever went wrong did not go wrong in Michigan, I guess

Doug Blair, who owns the Southgate hall, said the event drew 75-80 "well-behaved" fans who did not cause any problems

ONLY 80 people attended???? I would have thought 8,000....no wonder they all knew each other.......

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090923/NATION/909230372/1020/Rapper-linked-to-Virginia-slayings

Some info about what went on at the michigan concert:

At the concert, McCroskey hung out with the teen victims before and after the show, according to a friend who also attended the event.

So, whatever went wrong did not go wrong in Michigan, I guess

Doug Blair, who owns the Southgate hall, said the event drew 75-80 "well-behaved" fans who did not cause any problems

ONLY 80 people attended???? I would have thought 8,000....no wonder they all knew each other.......

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090923/NATION/909230372/1020/Rapper-linked-to-Virginia-slayings

Something did go wrong in Michigan, according to the suspect's sister:

Sarah McCroskey says her brother's friends told her that he and Emma had had some kind of falling out at the concert. If anything happened, Wells didn't let on.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/ap/20090923/twl-us-virginia-killings-ef375f8.html

Having read that there were only 80 people at the event in Michigan, I have an alternative motive to offer.

Could it be that after the failed relationship, Emma threatened to tell negative things about Sam to the SKR group? Things that only a lover ex-girlfriend would know? Since there were only 80 people attending the concert, Emma knew everyone that Sam knew. These people were Sam's life. Respect is EVERYTHING in that group. Perhaps he thought it would be better to be known to his friends as the REAL killer, rather than have his name destroyed.

Interesting speculation there, Gene!

I was also wondering, if they only get 80 people or so to attend these "concerts", how do the promoters and/or groups make any money?
I had a feeling from the start that this "genre" attracted very few people, it's so sick and demented.

Interesting speculation there, Gene!

I was also wondering, if they only get 80 people or so to attend these "concerts", how do the promoters and/or groups make any money?
I had a feeling from the start that this "genre" attracted very few people, it's so sick and demented.

Excellent point. And keep in mind that each band has a guest list so it's very likely that not all 80 were paying customers. The venue will want their cut. The other acts will want their cut. Tickets were only $15 to $20 so the show probably only made about $900 to $1,200. It looks like there were over 20 bands so that's only about $50 per band, if that.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?...ails&friendid=286774750&Band_Show_ID=38524631

Having read that there were only 80 people at the event in Michigan, I have an alternative motive to offer.

Could it be that after the failed relationship, Emma threatened to tell negative things about Sam to the SKR group? Things that only a lover ex-girlfriend would know? Since there were only 80 people attending the concert, Emma knew everyone that Sam knew. These people were Sam's life. Respect is EVERYTHING in that group. Perhaps he thought it would be better to be known to his friends as the REAL killer, rather than have his name destroyed.

That's what I'm thinking. I could be wrong but, IMO, she was probably the one ditching him, not the other way around; and she may have been saying unkind things. After all, he's 20 years old and he looks like he's 15. She on the other hand was an attractive and mature-looking young woman. Who knows, she may have even met someone else while at the concert.

If he and Melanie had started a relationship, I doubt they would have stayed at Emma's house. They would probably have cut out together as soon as they got back from the concert.

Sept 6: Emma and Sam meet for the first time.

Sept 8: Emma writes "the next time you check your myspace, YOULL BE AT MY HOUSE! .....its like 6:17AM, and ive been up since 4ish filled with uber amounts of excitment i cant wait i leave to pick you up in f i v e hourse<3 gahh

Sept 12: Emma Kelly and Sam attend a music festival in Michigan called "Strictly For The Wicked Festival"

Sept 14: Emma's last Myspace logon (mood blazenBamBooka with a "frown" icon), Sam sets his mood to "determined".

Sept 15: Melanie's last Myspace logon (mood:havin a blast with "hearts" icon)

Sept 16: Melanie expected back in W.Va.

Sept 17: Police visit house and speak with Sam. Sam says the daughter has gone to the movies

Sept 17 Mark Niderbrock has phone call with church treasurer, says he is going to Richmond for a meeting,

Sept 18 Sam's last Myspace logon.

Sept 18 (7am): Sam steals Mark Niederbrock's car, drives under 2 miles and wreaks it. Seen at Sheetz convenience store.

Sept 18 1pm: Sam is at airport. Has arrived by taxi

Sept 18 3-4pm: Police discover bodies

Sept 19 (early am) Melanie's mother calls Razakel at the record studio, she is worried about Melanie. They make some phone calls. Someone tells SickTanicK that Sam has killed everyone. SickTanicK calls Farmville police.

Sept 19(11:25 a.m): Richmond International Airport police arrest Richard Alden Samuel McCroskey.

Bumping this awesome post!:)

I was asked for a Summary of Events. I thought it, together with an updated Timeline might be useful for others who are new to this case. Is there anyway to post this as a "sticky" at the beginning of this thread?

This case involves young (16 to 20 years old) people, Emma and Sam who were deeply involved in the horrorcore music sub-culture. Horrorcore is a cross between hip-hop music and satanistic/violent imagery. It is rap with extremely graphic and disgusting lyrics about death, corpses, suicide, rape and of course murder.

Sam and Emma are from opposite coasts of the USA, (Ca and Va) and had an online romance. They met up in Va at Emma's house and were driven by Emma's parent(s), together with Emma's girlfriend Melanie to a horrorcore concert in a third state (Mi) where all their horrorcore friends were present. After the concert, they were driven back to Emma's family home, where Sam is supposed to stay with the family several days before returning home to Ca. Sam, an upcoming rapper whose lyrics are particularly violent and who goes by the stage name "Syko Sam" murders everyone. We do not know who died when, but we know they were killed by blows to the head, that Sam lived with the decaying corpses for several days and that he killed the father days after killing the others. Sam spoke calmly to police 3 times before he was eventually arrested at the airport while waiting for his flight home.

Here is a timeline of events:

Sept 6: Sam flies to Va.

Sept 8: Emma writes "the next time you check your myspace, YOULL BE AT MY HOUSE! .....its like 6:17AM, and ive been up since 4ish filled with uber amounts of excitment i cant wait i leave to pick you up in f i v e hourse<3 gahh

Sept 12: Emma, Sam and Melanie attend a music festival in Michigan called "Strictly For The Wicked Festival". They have been driven to the concert by one or both of Emma's parents.

Sept 13 evening: The group likely returned from the concert to Va sometime in the evening.

Sept 14: Emma's last Myspace logon (Mood: blazenBamBooka with a "frown" icon). Sam sets his mood to "determined".

Sept 15: Melanie's last Myspace logon (Mood: havin a blast with "hearts" icon)

Sept 16: Melanie's parents drive from W.Va to Va to pick up Melanie. They wait seven hours, return home and file a missing person report.

Sept 17 Mark Niderbrock has phone call with church treasurer, says he is going to Richmond for a meeting. Probably stops off at house along the way and is murdered.

Sept 17 11:58pm: Police visit house and speak with Sam, ask about the missing girl. Sam says she has gone to the movies with friends.

Sept 18 12:58 am: Sam calls police and says he hears noises in the basement, requests police to come check it out.

Sept 18: Sam's last Myspace logon.

Sept 18 (4:40am): Sam steals Mark Niederbrock's car, drives under 2 miles and wreaks it. Police come and give him a ticket for driving without a license. Tow truck driver drops Sam off at Sheetz convenience store. Driver vomits due to Sam's evil smell.

Sept 18 1pm: Sam is seen at airport. Has arrived by taxi

Sept 18 3-4pm: Police discover bodies

Sept 19 (early am) Melanie's mother calls horrorcore record studios (Serial Killin Music). Says she is worried about Melanie. They make some phone calls. Someone tells them that Sam has killed everyone. They call Sam's and Melanie's relatives and the Farmville police.

Sept 19(11:25 a.m): Richmond International Airport police arrest Richard Alden Samuel McCroskey.

Here is a good overview article to read:

That's what I'm thinking. I could be wrong but, IMO, she was probably the one ditching him, not the other way around; and she may have been saying unkind things. After all, he's 20 years old and he looks like he's 15. She on the other hand was an attractive and mature-looking young woman. Who knows, she may have even met someone else while at the concert.

If he and Melanie had started a relationship, I doubt they would have stayed at Emma's house. They would probably have cut out together as soon as they got back from the concert.

Both those scenarios could work, but only if her friend's statement that Emma suffered from poor self-esteem and tolerated Sam's mistreatment/name-calling,etc...verbal abuse. I think her friend's belief is supported by the obsessive nature of her posts to Sam on his MS wall.

Both those scenarios could work, but only if her friend's statement that Emma suffered from poor self-esteem and tolerated Sam's mistreatment/name-calling,etc...verbal abuse. I think her friend's belief is supported by the obsessive nature of her posts to Sam on his MS wall.

Teenage girls can flip like a switch when it comes to "true love," especially if someone more appealing comes along.

But now you've got me wondering. Emma's mother has been reported as studying violence against women. She may have expressed concern (or condemnation) if Sam was verbally abusive in her presence. This may have put the "romance" on edge. I really wish that LE would give us a timeline on the deaths and whether any of the victims were attacked in their sleep.

SNIPPED - BOLD RED MY QUESTIONS
Here is a timeline of events:

Sept 6: Sam flies to Va.

Where di Sam stay from the 8th to the 12th?

Sept 12: Emma, Sam and Melanie attend a music festival in Michigan called "Strictly For The Wicked Festival". They have been driven to the concert by one or both of Emma's parents.

Sept 13 evening: The group likely returned from the concert to Va sometime in the evening.

Sept 14: Emma's last Myspace logon (Mood: blazenBamBooka with a "frown" icon). Sam sets his mood to "determined".

Was SAM sleeping at the home?

Sept 15: Melanie's last Myspace logon (Mood: havin a blast with "hearts" icon)

Emma is sad but Melanie is having a blast?

I wonder if Emma decided she really wasn't into Sam at all but now had to put up with him because he flew all the way from California so she had no choice but to entertain him while he was there. I am also wondering if Emma's mother and father were upset about the kid staying with them and if they even knew he was there? Perhaps he was staying in the basement without their knowledge.

Maybe Emma told Sam he had to leave early because her parent's did not want him there and he refused (this can be the reference his sister made about Emma screwing him over - like she made him fly all the way from Cali just to dump him) - maybe Dad had a bad feeling about this SAM guy and it caused problems between all of them all coming to ahead and Sam losing his temper and killing Emma and her mother and finally Melanie, then Dad comes to make sure everything is okay and meets his fate.

I have a teen so and I know how demanding they can be and as a parent you comprimise often link the parents driving them to the concert instead of them going alone or skipping out - that to me showed they were trying. But these days it seems if you tell your teen NO you may end up dead.

SNIPPED - BOLD RED MY QUESTIONS

I wonder if Emma decided she really wasn't into Sam at all but now had to put up with him because he flew all the way from California so she had no choice but to entertain him while he was there. I am also wondering if Emma's mother and father were upset about the kid staying with them and if they even knew he was there? Perhaps he was staying in the basement without their knowledge.

Maybe Emma told Sam he had to leave early because her parent's did not want him there and he refused (this can be the reference his sister made about Emma screwing him over - like she made him fly all the way from Cali just to dump him) - maybe Dad had a bad feeling about this SAM guy and it caused problems between all of them all coming to ahead and Sam losing his temper and killing Emma and her mother and finally Melanie, then Dad comes to make sure everything is okay and meets his fate.

I have a teen so and I know how demanding they can be and as a parent you comprimise often link the parents driving them to the concert instead of them going alone or skipping out - that to me showed they were trying. But these days it seems if you tell your teen NO you may end up dead.

I take it to mean he was with the bodies after the concert, and got to her place on the 8th, but if he left for VA on the 6th, where was he from the 6-8? I'm a little confused by that...

First time posting here - this case happened not too far from where I grew up so I came here for the up to date news. I agree that Emma probably changed her mind about Sam after spending time with him. He couldn't have been as perfect as he was in her fantasies. I think she and Melanie both turned on him, perhaps ignoring him or being mean to him. I am not in any way suggesting they did anything to deserve what happened, but they may have wished he hadn't come back to Farmville with them. His sister reported that he lived a fairly isolated life and had been bullied, but that he had high hopes for this trip. If he found himself isolated and treated what he considered badly instead, he could have snapped and lashed out at one or both. I think he killed them both at about the same time. I speculate that Mom was out of the house at the time - maybe even running an errand or getting work done. When she returned, he killed her. Finally, he killed Dad when he came to check. I think Mel's mood status on My Space may be misleading. I know that when my daughter was on My Space years ago, she didn't update her status every day and certainly not every time she logged on - some kids do that and some don't. Her status may have still reflected the fun she had at the concert, while Emma's reflected things that started going down hill at the concert.

First time posting here - this case happened not too far from where I grew up so I came here for the up to date news. I agree that Emma probably changed her mind about Sam after spending time with him. He couldn't have been as perfect as he was in her fantasies. I think she and Melanie both turned on him, perhaps ignoring him or being mean to him. I am not in any way suggesting they did anything to deserve what happened, but they may have wished he hadn't come back to Farmville with them. His sister reported that he lived a fairly isolated life and had been bullied, but that he had high hopes for this trip. If he found himself isolated and treated what he considered badly instead, he could have snapped and lashed out at one or both. I think he killed them both at about the same time. I speculate that Mom was out of the house at the time - maybe even running an errand or getting work done. When she returned, he killed her. Finally, he killed Dad when he came to check. I think Mel's mood status on My Space may be misleading. I know that when my daughter was on My Space years ago, she didn't update her status every day and certainly not every time she logged on - some kids do that and some don't. Her status may have still reflected the fun she had at the concert, while Emma's reflected things that started going down hill at the concert.

I'm so glad somebody brought up the status update thing. This is very true. Both of my grown kids might go for a week or more and not change their update (unlike their mom who might change it every five minutes ;)

I take it to mean he was with the bodies after the concert, and got to her place on the 8th, but if he left for VA on the 6th, where was he from the 6-8? I'm a little confused by that...

This is no great mystery to anyone who has read earlier posts on this thread (always a good idea).

Sunday, Sept 6, Mark preaches at Walkers and apparently told his congregation that he and the family were going away to the beach for a week.

Later that day, possibly the next, i'm not positive, they went as a family to Richmond and picked up Sam. He wasn't hiding in their basement, they knew he was coming and he stayed in the house, of course.

The "lost dates" are also easily explained --the group did not teleport to Michigan -- nor did they fly, they drove a van. Virginia and Michigan are not neighboring states, so, yes, it takes some time. Perhaps they spent a night along the way.

It is certainly possible, just like all the other variables discussed here, that Emma threw him over and may even have asked him to leave early, especially if their falling out at the concert actually happened. The right thing to do would have been for him to call for extra funds so he could change his ticket date, or failing that, Emma's parents should have stepped to the plate, since they had, after all, welcomed him into their home. Maybe they did just that.

Indeed, and I'll try to found out tomorrow after the funeral -- where was Mark going that Thursday late afternoon...to Richmond, we know, and we know what he told others, but maybe he was going to come down and see if he could work out travel arrangements for Sam. A number of others spoke with him during the week leading up to his murder (mark, that is) but he naturally did not reveal personal gripes or concerns. And I guess we'll never know now.

The phrase "blazenBamBooka" has been driving me nuts....so I did lots of searching, and I think that it slang for the male genitalia.....for lack of a better word ;). Anyone ever here this before? Maybe someone with teenagers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro