Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
where did you find that?
....I really,really believe we would find much more information as to what happened to Sam if we look at his family life instead of looking at skr....it seems like there was some real heavy stuff going on there....

From her Livejournal and there's more. A lot more there actually, including references to heavy drug use including methamphetamines.

I figured meth was going to come into this story somewhere.

She clearly needs to get some counseling or psychological support somewhere, but based on what I am reading here I have to wonder if she is going to get it. If you know her, help her please.

So given that you only know him online of course, you feel this would be highly out of character? Inexplicable? Or was he a powder keg ready to explode?

Also I am curious what exactly are you saying is BS about the current media stories...

I think we don't know that much about him really from what is out there now.

It definitely doesn't seem like he'd do something like this.
We were both alike in a lot of ways. We both would **** around and laugh about **** while playing Halo.

Oh how they're making him out to be some deranged psychopathic freak.

EDIT: I read up a couple posts and noticed dangrsmind posted something asking if he read some stuff.

I HIGHLY doubt he would be reading stuff like that.
He was the sorta guy that just spent his time doing web design/computer stuff, gaming, or doing his music.
Not the sorta guy that would get into reading and whatnot.

We were both alike in a lot of ways. We both would **** around and laugh about **** while playing Halo.

EDIT: I read up a couple posts and noticed dangrsmind posted something asking if he read some stuff.

He was the sorta guy that just spent his time doing web design/computer stuff, gaming, or doing his music.

Hi, Sykke. It's good to see you here. We welcome new voices and perspectives. So far this conversation has gone down some interesting avenues. People are really trying to understand what happened to Emma and Melanie and Emma's parents, and what happened to Sam.

You say that the media is making Sam out to be "deranged psychopathic freak." What do you think one would look like and how does Sam not fit that? We are confronted with the allegation that he took an instrument to four people he was staying with and beat their brains in. I don't want to just say, meaninglessly, that he's a deranged psychopathic freak" either, but can you put some kind of meaning to it, based on what you do know of him?

Again, thanks for coming in here. I won't be at all offended if you don't want to put your experiences with Sam and your feelings out there. It is really a very sad, and compelling case, though.

--tapu

Cool, thanks for the information. of course plenty of occult related material is on the web these days not just in books. But sounds like he wasn't reading that sort material at all in your opinion. At least not before June when you said he sort of dropped off your radar...

Hi, Sykke. It's good to see you here. We welcome new voices and perspectives. So far this conversation has gone down some interesting avenues. People are really trying to understand what happened to Emma and Melanie and Emma's parents, and what happened to Sam.

You say that the media is making Sam out to be "deranged psychopathic freak." What do you think one would look like and how does Sam not fit that? We are confronted with the allegation that he took an instrument to four people he was staying with and beat their brains in. I don't want to just say, meaninglessly, that he's a deranged psychopathic freak" either, but can you put some kind of meaning to it, based on what you do know of him?

Again, thanks for coming in here. I won't be at all offended if you don't want to put your experiences with Sam and your feelings out there. It is really a very sad, and compelling case, though.

--tapu

They're basically making him out to be some guy who spends all his time doing like devil worshiping and whatnot, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying that if he did in fact do the killings, that I condone such behavior... but I'm saying just his personality in general doesn't match up to what they're saying about him.

Cool, thanks for the information. of course plenty of occult related material is on the web these days not just in books. But sounds like he wasn't reading that sort material at all in your opinion. At least not before June when you said he sort of dropped off your radar...

Yeah, I really doubt he was into reading that stuff.

Oh, one more thing.
You all should know how he said "jesus made me do it" or something like that.

Just incase people haven't figured that out. He was doing it for the lulz. I know how he acts and he was just doing it to get a laugh.
js >.>

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I can totally buy that Sam wasn't into devil worship and such, but rather was a sorta goonie guy, hanging out and not putting that much effort into something so far from the food chain, if you get my drift.

Yet, here we have these murders.

I think you are right about the "Jesus made me do it" line, too. It seems like he had a "nothing to lose" attitude at that point and just wanted to make a joke. No deep meaning.

In the time you spent interacting with Sam online, did he seem like he had a temper? Did he say things like, "I want to bash so-and-so's brains in" and sound like he actually meant it, as opposed to when someone just throws that out there. Was there anything that made you go, okay, this is weird. Real weird.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I can totally buy that Sam wasn't into devil worship and such, but rather was a sorta goonie guy, hanging out and not putting that much effort into something so far from the food chain, if you get my drift.

Yet, here we have these murders.

I think you are right about the "Jesus made me do it" line, too. It seems like he had a "nothing to lose" attitude at that point and just wanted to make a joke. No deep meaning.

In the time you spent interacting with Sam online, did he seem like he had a temper? Did he say things like, "I want to bash so-and-so's brains in" and sound like he actually meant it, as opposed to when someone just throws that out there. Was there anything that made you go, okay, this is weird. Real weird.

I'm 100% sure he was saying that line for a laugh. That's the Sam I know, a sarcastic guy that would try to pull laughs out of anything.

@ the second part.
Never have I heard him say anything like that or have a temper from what I could tell.

I COULD go find my old AIM logs from years ago if I could remember the password to this old hard drive.

They're basically making him out to be some guy who spends all his time doing like devil worshiping and whatnot, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying that if he did in fact do the killings, that I condone such behavior... but I'm saying just his personality in general doesn't match up to what they're saying about him.

Yeah, I really doubt he was into reading that stuff.

Oh, one more thing.
You all should know how he said "jesus made me do it" or something like that.

Just incase people haven't figured that out. He was doing it for the lulz. I know how he acts and he was just doing it to get a laugh.
js >.>

So he (apparently) brutally murdered three people with a blunt instrument, then hung around with the bodies, and then murdered a fourth person. And he did it just for the lulz? It's all just a joke?

But he's not a deranged psychopath...

Hmm.

Trying to find some middle ground....

:waitasec:

So he (apparently) brutally murdered three people with a blunt instrument, then hung around with the bodies, and then murdered a fourth person. And he did it just for the lulz? It's all just a joke?

But he's not a deranged psychopath...

Hmm.

I never said he did the murders for the lulz, but I'm saying that line he said was for it.

I never said he did the murders for the lulz, but I'm saying that line he said was for it.

Not trying to be a jerk, sorry.

If you are right and he was joking about the "Jesus made me do it" thing, that is another example of his apparently unusual state of mind at the time of his arrest. When he is brought in by the police he is smiling and (according to this version of events) making jokes. A little bit strange given that he's just killed four people, is in handcuffs, and is very likely facing the death penalty.

.....I really,really doubt sam was much into learning and reading...I'm pretty sure he was just dealing with a lot of emotional stuff....

well, not a book worm, but in his samakalemon profile on myspace he wrote

I'm not much of a reader but I absolutely LOVE the novels of the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay which are..

Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Dearly Devoted Dexter
Dexter in the Dark

Dexter Morgan is driven to kill to satisfy an inner voice he calls "the Dark Passenger." When that voice can no longer be ignored, he "lets the Dark Passenger do the driving." Dexter Morgan

Can you say more about this point? We know something about the dates of his involvement in horrorcore based on his Internet postings and dates associated with images he created and web work...

just my guess, based on all available information :)

p.s. found site with sam's pics from his myspce, domain created on 07-Oct-2009 - sykosam.info

Howdy folks!

Doesn't look like too much new info has been released, but it's good to see that this discussion is still moving along. Hopefully the truth will be made known, in time.

yeah, agree, all this "horrorcore" stuff is just a last couple month of his life. i'll pm you

to quote from his own site with bio:

"Syko Sam has been a fan of the Horrorcore/Wicked **** genre since 1999 so therefor as a huge fan of the music he wanted to contribute to the genre to give to those fans of the genre as well as making it for himself to explore his creative side, thus Syko Sam being born."

Not discounting his parents were to blame for his problems but that's my criticism of this genre, it preys on kids like Sam.

Just because a person has a dark side, or they've been mistreated or anti-social doesn't mean they are destined to become a killer in all cases. Was Sam destined to become a killer? Maybe not. I think it was the perfect storm of elements culminating into senseless murders. I think all are equally responsible.

well, not a book worm, but in his samakalemon profile on myspace he wrote

Dexter Morgan is driven to kill to satisfy an inner voice he calls "the Dark Passenger." When that voice can no longer be ignored, he "lets the Dark Passenger do the driving." Dexter Morgan

So he does read some things at least; perhaps more interesting, there is Dexter again.

Some may recall that the Mt. Vernon killers were also fans of Dexter.

So maybe instead of blaming horrorcore here we might want to start looking at violent TV and the show Dexter in particular.

just my guess, based on all available information :)

p.s. found site with sam's pics from his myspce, domain created on 07-Oct-2009 - sykosam.info

That site wasn't made by Sam, but it does include his pictures. FWIW.

Edited to add: there's at least one picture of him there with a Friday the 13th mask from 2007-2008. So his interest in horror movies predates this year at least. I'd have to look at the image's EXIF field to know the date when these pictures were taken exactly however.

Further edited to add: there's also a picture where he's got an ICP t-shirt and a hatchet man necklace in that older set. I know some people don't consider ICP horrorcore, but his interest in this material seems to date back at least a year not just a few months.

Holy ****. I just was reading McCroskey's sister's LiveJournal and realized that I was at a party that she describes in her Livejournal. Friend of mine was the host/promoter and my wife and I were there doing the "rave parent" thing.

I've met her.

Oh, he's been listening to ICP and all of those type artists for YEARS.
Since before we were talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member