VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow....that makes so much sense...I'm sorry but ever since I read this thread I am so emotional about it.It's just so sad....and I immedeately felt close to the horrorcore kids cos they remind me so much of who i used to be....I went through some stuff in my pre-teens and early teens and without metal and the metal community i know I wouldn't have made it.Razakel said Emma told her she was better than her therapist and I totally believe that.I also think sam found a sanctuary in horrorcore and put a lot of hope in finally meeting emma and the disappointment made him snap.He threw away his life...
dangrsmind,i love all your posts,they are very interesting,but i highly doubt a majority of the horrorcore kids is into the occult on a deeper level....I wore upside down crosses and all that stuff back then without knowing much ,it's just a security blanket ,it's dealing with teenage angst and finding a group that doesn't judge you ,it's about acceptance and facing fears...horror is everywhere,once you realize the world isn't a pretty place it's very helpful to face those fears and turn it around and make darkness your armor...
it also infuriates me when people blame emma's parents,they seemed to be supportive and accepting....i would love to find out why emma had such problems with her mom and why she was seeing a therapist....

Thank you claudicici. Please understand that I agree with you that most of the kids into horrorcore don't know anything about the deeper occult meanings hidden these songs.

My question is and has been only whether McCroskey knew about them. It might be as casual as him asking SickTanick to recommend a book or even just finding and reading one in The Grotto when he was visiting. Remember though that he wasn't just a fan of the music like you are describing here, he wrote horrorcore and partied with other creators at the SKR and WIR record labels. And we know that some of the people there are very much involved in this occult stuff on the deeper level. Was he ever around when they talked about it?

There is a reason that magic and occult practices are taught in secret and are not just taught to anyone that inquires about them. There is a reason that occult practitioners are initiated before being taught these practices, just as with Buddhist tantric practices such as Chöd that are only taught to those who have been initiated by a guru.

The reason is (in part) that these practices can be misinterpreted and misunderstood by people who are not ready to understand them or who suffer from mental illnesses. They can be harmful to these individuals and it is taught that those who are not initiated put themselves in grave peril by practicing these techniques. Some would say that this is just a way of preserving a hierarchy, but IMO there is more to the initiation process than just control of ideas.

For example, did McCroskey come into contact with the teachings of Leilah Wendell and her love affair with Azrael the angel of death? I think her writings could be particularly dangerous in the hands of an unstable person as an example.

If you read some of Wendell's material here: http://www.westgatenecromantic.com/ , and BTW I am not really advising anyone do this, you will get the idea of where I am going here.

The basic idea, according to her [Leilah Wendell], is that some people need ritual to "connect with certain specific forms of energy"—in this case, death energy, or the "current of transition." Necromantic in this context is about the romance of death. Doing it right can enable one to share consciousness with the Angel of Death. To achieve this, one must find a mausoleum and bring certain required objects for performing a ceremony, such as a candle, some milk, and a knife.

Wendell is fully absorbed in her devotion to "death energy." She believes that necrophilia has been unfairly vilified and she wants people to understand what it means to love Death. It's a preference, not a compulsion, and it's a way through which one can seek to achieve emotional and spiritual intimacy with death.

She tells one story about her encounters with corpses in Cemetery Stories that shows just what it means to feel this attraction. She was once a funeral director and a morgue assistant, and her primary interest had been in disinterring bodies for reburial—a passion she shared with a friend, John. Together they were called "the Resurrectionists."

One night John pulled up to her home and pulled out a large package wrapped in a red bow. Carrying it in and placing it on her carpet inside, he urged her to unwrap it. She did, and before her lay a desiccated corpse, remarkably preserved. It had been exhumed from a pauper's cemetery and its disposition was pending. While getting caught at this is a criminal act in some states—abuse of corpse—most necrophiles keep their activities secret.

John told Wendell she could have it all to herself for four days. Immediately, she made a death mask for a memento. Then she took the corpse to bed. To her mind, this was the greatest gift that anyone had ever given her.

From http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/necrophiles/index_1.html

.....I really,really doubt sam was much into learning and reading...I'm pretty sure he was just dealing with a lot of emotional stuff....

.....I really,really doubt sam was much into learning and reading...I'm pretty sure he was just dealing with a lot of emotional stuff....

The two scenarios are not mutually exclusive of course, but I hear what you are saying and you seem to speak with some authority with regard to his situation...

ITA. I doubt Sam had any idea what the hidden messages were unless someone told him. From the little we know of him, he seems to be attracted to violence for the sake of violence with only anger, and no deeper meanings, as motivation. JMHO of course.

ITA. I doubt Sam had any idea what the hidden messages were unless someone told him. From the little we know of him, he seems to be attracted to violence for the sake of violence with only anger, and no deeper meanings, as motivation. JMHO of course.

Well of course this is one of the reasons that these sorts of teachings are kept secret and not simply taught to anyone because the uneducated or unprepared person only sees the surface imagery (including violence) and not the deeper teaching underneath.

Again consider the Buddhist Chöd practice as an example where the practitioner visualizes demons eating their flesh. The point of the practice isn't that demons are "real" or that it is desirable to be "eaten" in this manner, and for the wrong person these aspects of the practice might be highly distracting. Some of Crowley's writings are actually secret or hidden descriptions of tantric sex practices (see the bit about "23" I posted earlier in the week as an example). This practice is common in Buddhism as well where you will hear people talk about "the lotus" and so on. Sometimes these messages are hidden in imagery that is disturbing to keep the practices away from the uninitiated.

As a perhaps more relevant example, consider ICP's music which includes a hidden Christian-like message. For those ready to receive this "higher" message this is great and we do in fact see some people respond strongly to this aspect of what ICP is doing. But some other of their listeners won't even get it, they are not ready to hear that message, and they will instead focus only on the violent scenarios described in the songs.

I'm speculating clearly. But there are some specific facts in the case that drive my speculation.

Why did McCroskey smell so bad but apparently have no visible blood on him? He was wearing the same clothes before and after the murders.

What was he doing on Poor House Road? The road does not lead to the airport or anywhere else really.

What did he do in the house for all those hours?

Why was he so calm after committing four brutal and violent murders? He interacted with the police and other people calmly on several different occasions and did not arouse suspicion despite the extreme odor.

Worth a mention...

Recent issue of People Magazine with Jaycee Dugard on the cover has a several page article on this case.

I thought id drop a exclusive lil KM update about Chapter 2, Im up to 9 tracks currently, my aim is 22 (for a very specific reason which you will hafto figure out on your own) Some of the track titles as of now (though i have the full tracklisting written out) are as follows : "Portrait Of The Devil" - "Path Of Initiation" - "Eyes Wide Shut" - "Cornerstone" there are more, but i dont wanna spoil it! Now that the new Koma is about to drop, i will be dedicating the rest of this year (besides normal duties) to finishing this album and meeting the January deadline.

There have been some strange happenings here in the grotto and abroad since i started serious work on this album (and no thats not just a marketing gimmick) And this album is turning out to be.... Something else, ill put it that way. I will however say, if your expecting Chapter 1 all over again, then you will be mistaken. This album is MUCH MUCH darker than chapter one : doctrines of the damned, and more esoteric / occult related, the likes that has never been done in Rap music. This album is for the deciples, plain and simple, REAL deciples, and for the Occult Intellectual / Elite.

Im going to kill the stigma attributed to my musick with this album, and sicktanick will and has been reborn. Without a doubt, this album is going to drive the crown of thorns of my recent crucifixion by the media and public at large even further into my skull, im not looking to please with this album, im not looking to make a album that people can "accept" easily, im looking to push buttons mentally, i WANT people to be uncomfortable when they listen to this album, i want people to educate themselves, im looking to destroy everything sicktanick has been, only to build it back up to a Obelisque that pierces the so called gates of heaven and sets it ablaze with the flame of illumination. In other words, say im wrong, say there IS a god a heaven, a hell, this album is securing my nice warm seat in the abyss of hell, and it will have the same effect to anyone who listens to it. (which by my personal standards, if i AM wrong, im looking forward to burning for all eternity)

Prepare Deciples! It Has Begun FULL FORCE NOW!

93/93

-Sick

From: http://www.killmusick.com/km1/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19434

And for those that argue no one understands the occult messages in his music, two of the respondents to this topic at Killing Musick indicate otherwise.

I'm in like complete disbelief about this.
I just found out today.

I've known Sam for 7 years online.
We met doing web design stuff and then we ended up being friends online. We used to play Runescape together, then we both quit then and moved onto WoW / Halo and we slowed down on talking as of lately but.. I was still friends with him.

I've been wondering why he hasn't been on AIM for a bit. :/

I just found out today.

We met doing web design stuff and then we ended up being friends online. We used to play Runescape together, then we both quit then and moved onto WoW / Halo and we slowed down on talking as of lately but.. I was still friends with him.

Thanks for posting Sykke. Seems like he did some nasty things. So far I think he's still just accused of the one murder though. You ever meet him f2f?

I just found out today.

Wow! You just found out today? It's been over a month now....
Welcome all the same!
So what's your take on all of this? You must have a lot going through your mind after finding out about this and your friend more than likely being the suspect huh?
I'm not even sure what to say to you.
So I'm assuming you didn't know this side of Sam. Sorry you had to find out such a way.
Thanks for joining our conversation!

Wow! You just found out today? It's been over a month now....
Welcome all the same!
So what's your take on all of this? You must have a lot going through your mind after finding out about this and your friend more than likely being the suspect huh?
I'm not even sure what to say to you.
So I'm assuming you didn't know this side of Sam. Sorry you had to find out such a way.
Thanks for joining our conversation!

@ the other post, no I haven't met him irl.

Yeah I haven't talked to him much lately.
According to my AIM logs last time I talked to him was June 5th. But.. I always noticed he was online and he stopped coming online. So that kinda got me wondering...

I found out because I was on an application on myspace called Truth Box and there's a forum like section.

I saw a post with his picture saying he killed people and I thought it was a joke post at first so I tried to find his myspace and I noticed it was deleted and then I found out. :/

But seriously... this doesn't sound ANYTHING like him.
I know half the **** the media is saying is bull****. (about his personality or w/e)

Also, I tried texting his sister (someone gave me her cell #) and she hasn't even talked to him since it happened. >.>

@ the other post, no I haven't met him irl.

Yeah I haven't talked to him much lately.
According to my AIM logs last time I talked to him was June 5th. But.. I always noticed he was online and he stopped coming online. So that kinda got me wondering...

I found out because I was on an application on myspace called Truth Box and there's a forum like section.

I saw a post with his picture saying he killed people and I thought it was a joke post at first so I tried to find his myspace and I noticed it was deleted and then I found out. :/

But seriously... this doesn't sound ANYTHING like him.
I know half the **** the media is saying is bull****. (about his personality or w/e)

Also, I tried texting his sister (someone gave me her cell #) and she hasn't even talked to him since it happened. >.>

So given that you only know him online of course, you feel this would be highly out of character? Inexplicable? Or was he a powder keg ready to explode?

Also I am curious what exactly are you saying is BS about the current media stories...

I think we don't know that much about him really from what is out there now.

sam's sister about her brother:

My brother dropped out of school before I did, never leaves his room, doesnt even take a shower, he does maybe once a month. He has one chore that takes him 3 minutes to do and he doesnt do it everyday like he has to, which is take out the trash.

She (mother) lets my brother get away with everything. if i go one day without takin a shower cause im sick or im way too tired, she makes fun of me and says "god u stink, u need to take a shower" my brother hasnt takin a shower in a month and she doesn say **** to him. ****, he pisses outside his door into the backyard, not the bathroom.

& mother:

She sits on her *advertiser censored* all damn day and smokes bowl after joint after bowl after joint and just watches tv all damn day long. but she has the tv turned down all the way so u cant hear it. Everytime I step out my room, weither its to pee or get water, she starts yellig at me. When I go make somethin to eat, she stares at me and says "what r u doing" with a nasty attitude and tells me to hurry up and go back to my room. Or im makin a mess, im makintoo much noise. who cares if i make a mess, im the one who cleans the kitchen.

& family in general:

they get on me constantly everyday i hate them i hate them i hate them so ****in much, that if they were to die, i seriously wouldnt care. i hatre them so much. as soon as i move out, they r never gonna see me or talk to me ever again. i hate them so much. its not fair, they treat me so bad. yes i may be spoiled but u know what. id ratehr go one day witohut my parents yellin at me or puttin me down instead of gettin a car.

posts dated 2005-2006

where did you find that?
....I really,really believe we would find much more information as to what happened to Sam if we look at his family life instead of looking at skr....it seems like there was some real heavy stuff going on there....

where did you find that?
....I really,really believe we would find much more information as to what happened to Sam if we look at his family life instead of looking at skr....it seems like there was some real heavy stuff going on there....

yeah, agree, all this "horrorcore" stuff is just a last couple month of his life. i'll pm you

sam's sister about her brother:

& mother:

& family in general:

posts dated 2005-2006

Thanks for this very informative posting.

Seems like his sister is ready to kill someone more than Sam here though....

yeah, agree, all this "horrorcore" stuff is just a last couple month of his life. i'll pm you

Can you say more about this point? We know something about the dates of his involvement in horrorcore based on his Internet postings and dates associated with images he created and web work...

My best friend was in a black metal band in highschool, the vocalist was obsessed with Norwegian "real black metal", bands like Mayhem. Ended up hanging himself in a tree by guitar strings on Halloween a few years ago.

The stories I heard about black metal and the precious little rays of sunshine who make that music were 100x more brutal than horrorcore - just reading the kid's livejournal was one of the most brutally honest and depressing expressions of emotion I've ever come across.

Black metal, horrorcore, etc.. it's all a joke (adults painting their faces and dressing in costumes to avoid facing themselves, lol) in my opinion, but it's not the music that puts the darkness inside of you, it's your upbringing, family, perspective, etc.

Syko Samwise would have snapped and done this whether he listened to SKR, GNR, or ABBA.

My best friend was in a black metal band in highschool, the vocalist was obsessed with Norwegian "real black metal", bands like Mayhem. Ended up hanging himself in a tree by guitar strings on Halloween a few years ago.

The stories I heard about black metal and the precious little rays of sunshine who make that music were 100x more brutal than horrorcore - just reading the kid's livejournal was one of the most brutally honest and depressing expressions of emotion I've ever come across.

Black metal, horrorcore, etc.. it's all a joke (adults painting their faces and dressing in costumes to avoid facing themselves, lol) in my opinion, but it's not the music that puts the darkness inside of you, it's your upbringing, family, perspective, etc.

Syko Samwise would have snapped and done this whether he listened to SKR, GNR, or ABBA.

We mostly all agree that the music doesn't put the darkness into someone, the question before us now (IMO) is whether it can it bring the darkness out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz