VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these claims of "selling out in its first week" or "sells out in pre-orders alone" may sound all impressive, but I'd be curious to see how many copies they are pressing and "selling out", and my guess would be 100. :)

I don't see where the source of this timeline is, but most of it sounds like trumped up hype to me.

In the O.T.O. interview he mentions selling 6000 or 7000 units. Even if you make $10 from each sale, an almost unimaginably good return IMO, it's not a whole lot of money.

All of these claims of "selling out in its first week" or "sells out in pre-orders alone" may sound all impressive, but I'd be curious to see how many copies they are pressing and "selling out", and my guess would be 100. :)

I don't see where the source of this timeline is, but most of it sounds like trumped up hype to me.

I found the time line at the link right here --->>> http://current.com/items/89669455_satanic-rap-on-the-rise-heres-the-story-of-one-indi-rapper.htm

yes I doubt also that they sell as much as they want you to think.. it's pretty ****ty sounding music to me.

Apparently McCroskey has been indicted for all four murders: http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news...ccroskey_indicted_in_farmville_murders/46396/

I have not tried to find the court paperwork online - these are public documents but not necessarily available without going to the courthouse.

Prince Edward County Circuit - Criminal Division
Case Details

Case Number:
CR09000463-00
Filed:
10/16/2009
Commenced by:
Direct Indictment
Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE
Sex:
Male
Race:
White Caucasian
DOB:
12/26/****
Address:
FARMVILLE, VIRGINIA 23901
Charge:
CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y
Code Section:
18.2-31
Charge Type:
Felony
Class:
Offense Date:
09/13/2009
Arrest Date:
11/03/2009

Hearings

# Date Time Type Room Plea Duration Jury Result
1 10/19/2009 9:30AM Grand Jury True Bill/Arrested on Capias
2 11/03/2009 9:30AM Appoint Counsel Continued
3 01/19/2010 9:30AM To Be Set

CaseNumber Defendant Charge Hear Date Status
CR09000463-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000464-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000465-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000466-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000467-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000468-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000469-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE GRAND LARCENY: AUTO THEFT 01/19/2010 Active

showing 09/13/2009 as his Offense Date for each death??

In the O.T.O. interview he mentions selling 6000 or 7000 units. Even if you make $10 from each sale, an almost unimaginably good return IMO, it's not a whole lot of money.

Well, that's his claim, of course, actual sales records might tell a different truth, and since they are an underground independent label, there's no accounting of their actual sales except for what they claim. Maybe their tax records would offer a clue. However, 6000 to 7000 units seems like a bit of a high number considering a "huge" festival featuring all these artists that are selling all these copies drew about 100 people (and that's including ALL of the artists!)

I can't imagine he's sold 7,000 records combined in his musical career, let alone that many of one album.

I can't imagine he's sold 7,000 records combined in his musical career, let alone that many of one album.

"2008 was a really big year for my label. We moved about 7000 units on an international basis. We have a very strong underground following for the music. I have 8 artists total including myself on the record label."

7000 units isn't that inconceivable to me. Per some of the estimates we did back at Live365, I think you can sell 5000 units to a dedicated underground audience of just around 1000 people, you just need each person to buy 5 CDs or other items. I'm guessing they released about 10 new CDs this year.

Noting that there are no charges against anyone other than Sam as one might expect if some of the recent claims posted here were under consideration by the police.

I am saying that if you discount the occult aspect here you have to explain away some interesting facts about the case. I choose not to explain them away as coincidences, because I don't believe in coincidences.

McCroskey used the name Lil Demon Dog, a reference to Humbaba and Procyon. Did he know this? I don't know, maybe he just thought it was about Son of Sam. But for whatever reason he chose that name. Maybe Shrim picked him because of the this or maybe he suggested it to him. That is also unclear to me.

The demon Humbaba of myth was reputed to smell like death and decay and had a face of entrails. And Sam walks around town smelling like death and covers his face with a bandanna. Why?

It seems there is at least a rumor that he bought ritual objects (candles) in town rather than items that might be used to clean up the murders. Why?

As far as the cedar trees, I have been wondering what he was doing out on Poorhouse Road. If you follow the road all the way out it hits County Road 696 which heads out to a state park that includes the Cedar Crest Conference Center. Humbaba is the guardian of the cedar forests. Yes they not the same species, and I already posted the link to the Wikipedia page on the type of tree that is common in the area. Possibly he mistook Poorhouse Road for County Road 696 and then turned back to get back to the main highway. Road 696 is the next turn after Poorhouse Road heading out of Farmville.

This is a great example of what RAW is talking about with respect to beliefs. If you "believe" that belief in the occult had nothing to do with this case you have to ignore various observations about what happened that are true. E.g. Sam's chosen online name being a reference to a demon that smells like death, SickTanick's CD teaching the procedure to call this demon, etc.

Conversely if you believe nothing, you can consider all the observables in your understanding.

PAX and I are pretty much on the same page, except that I don't think that it was necessary for the occult practices I am talking about to "work" in order for them to be relevant to the case. If people believe in them then they can "work" just on the basis of this belief regardless of whether any exotic results are produced by the rituals themselves. My thinking has more to do with Jung than LaVey (or Steiner for that matter).

All very good points and make no mistake we are absolutely on the same page, your contribiutions (and many others) are the reason I joined this discussion and I certainly didnt come here to refute anything you have said because I for one think it is all possible and should not be overlooked.

My only point was that I dont feel Shrim is an occultist as such, I dont use such a title as liberally as some, to be an occultist is someone fully trained through a life time or many life times of study and because of the dedication and discipline it takes to become such it is unlikely that a real occultist would ever even consdier envoking a 3000 year old demon dog and turning it loose in Farmville VA.

I think the best example of my point is thus: I am a student of food, in my spare time I love to cook, I dont have the time or energy to actually attend culinary school but I watch Top Chef and I order all the cooking school textbooks and I study everything I can about food and cooking every chance I get, I am a pretty damned good cook but I would NEVER call myself a chef. I can cook well, better than most, but I am not a chef. That doesnt mean I cant whip up a dish that will melt in your mouth and impress those I invite to a dinner party at our home, but again, I am no chef, just a student of food who would like to be a chef someday and in the meantime I dabble in cooking and sometimes get pretty good results and sometimes not.

Its the same with Shrim, he is indeed dabbling in the occult and it is surely possible especially the way you explain it above, that he put 2 and 2 together and instead of getting 4 like the seasoned occultist would have, he got 4 1/2 and something went terribly wrong, of course he may have even intended that to be so, but I would argue if he had the proper training and discipline that the practice/craft requires, he would have never went there to begin with. But again that doesnt mean he isnt trying and it doesnt mean he couldnt possibly get some sort of grotesque Frankensteinian type results from his mixed potion of ignorance and egotism, both of which I think we can all agree Shrim has no shortage of.

Lastly, even if what all of what you say is not even remotely close to what happened, you do indeed have the makings of one hell of a novel here.:crazy:

I have been thinking about that also, he mentions that SKR moved 7000 CDs last year so I assume that means all of the artists on the label combined and not just Shrims stuff, and when you think about it thats a nice chunk of income, at 10 bucks a CD which is about all they can get out of those myspace kids thats 70k a year but then after taxes and after artists get their cut and after overhead etc its probably really not all that much and from the looks of their house/grotto, they arent living on the high hog, their place looks much like a house me and all my punk rock brothers rented in college and turned in to our own little personal mosh pit complete with grafitti and posters all over the walls. The chicks digged it at the time but I am glad I have grown out of such things, the problem is Shrim still hasnt and he is probably about my age maybe a few years younger.

I'm not really feeling the thought of someone else being behind this just for the fame. The "fame" (as sick as it is to call it that) is going mainly to Sam. The song that a fellow poster recorded, the information on the internet. I don't know, maybe they wanted fame for the genre but really, that's a dangerous complex way to go about it.

I really am more inclined to feel that:

1. Sam had been slipping for a while. A poster on this thread commented that an ex insinuated that he had planned something. Maybe the quite relationship, internet relationship, and the "ok-ness" at the so called breakup at SFTW really was him ok. I mean, he had decided to kill right?

or

2. Jealousy. Many people have done many strange horrible things in the name of love. some of the most vile and wicked. I could see maybe someone saying 'Oh, Emma and Shrim!" just starting something, maybe it happened, but I do believe maybe he just wanted to kill Emma, but how, with the others in the house?

Now, after that point, I can't even speculate. Why stay in the house? Why take the car to poorhouse road? Why did the cops not look into the accident since he was out of state with no license? really? I'd probably be arrested for that, and I have a valid license!

This is such an interesting case and although I'm not to sleuthy and never have a lot to add, I just want to thank everyone for keeping this alive!

I have been thinking about that also, he mentions that SKR moved 7000 CDs last year so I assume that means all of the artists on the label combined and not just Shrims stuff, and when you think about it thats a nice chunk of income, at 10 bucks a CD which is about all they can get out of those myspace kids thats 70k a year but then after taxes and after artists get their cut and after overhead etc its probably really not all that much and from the looks of their house/grotto, they arent living on the high hog, their place looks much like a house me and all my punk rock brothers rented in college and turned in to our own little personal mosh pit complete with grafitti and posters all over the walls. The chicks digged it at the time but I am glad I have grown out of such things, the problem is Shrim still hasnt and he is probably about my age maybe a few years younger.

Also, it would depend on overhead. I mean, do they produce and record their own music? What is the music quality like? I know there is a studio, but it is sound proof top notch? Do the artists make much? are they signing over rights? i owned and operated a studio. It's a touch and go with income in that situation.

Paximus, do you know what I do professionally?

Books are ambitious undertakings, I am currently working on two, but one of my little side projects is a paper entitled "How Not to be Seen". Planning to submit it to DEFCON 2010, but we'll see what other distractions arise.

PS http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

Ha thats funny, books are indeed very difficult undertakings I am working on a few myself. I do not know exactly what you do for a living but I have gathered bits and pieces here and there from your posts.

I would like to read that paper of yours, should you ever release it at DEFCON do let me know, I dont want to give out my regular e mail on here but I will make a freebie and then we can exchange our real e mails that way and talk more in the future should the desire arise.

I was at DEFCON a few years ago giving a lock picking seminar, yes I know how it sounds but picking locks is a bit of a hobby of mine and I approach it like a game of chess and would never use it for criminal purposes, there are a lot of us out there lol.

I already checked the area for reported UFO activity. None.

So don't worry. ;)

I dont know if you are joking or not but believe it or not whenever I see a major crime that is the first thing I do is check for UFO activity, most of my friends think I am nuts, but you never know!:dance:

Ha thats funny, books are indeed very difficult undertakings I am working on a few myself. I do not know exactly what you do for a living but I have gathered bits and pieces here and there from your posts.

I would like to read that paper of yours, should you ever release it at DEFCON do let me know, I dont want to give out my regular e mail on here but I will make a freebie and then we can exchange our real e mails that way and talk more in the future should the desire arise.

I was at DEFCON a few years ago giving a lock picking seminar, yes I know how it sounds but picking locks is a bit of a hobby of mine and I approach it like a game of chess and would never use it for criminal purposes, there are a lot of us out there lol.

Most recently I was working on identity theft prevention systems employing facial recognition and other techniques. I also have some interest in lock picking incidentally.

One book I have been working on for most of this year now is about the future of crime and how crime and technology are co-evolving.

As far as my second book, I'm not sure what it is about yet exactly. And I have no plans to finish it anytime soon. Imagine if Grant Morrison, Aleister Crowley and Stephen Wolfram co-authored a book and had Stephen Hawking make notes in the margins...

Prince Edward County Circuit - Criminal Division
Case Details

Case Number:
CR09000463-00
Filed:
10/16/2009
Commenced by:
Direct Indictment
Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE
Sex:
Male
Race:
White Caucasian
DOB:
12/26/****
Address:
FARMVILLE, VIRGINIA 23901
Charge:
CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y
Code Section:
18.2-31
Charge Type:
Felony
Class:
Offense Date:
09/13/2009
Arrest Date:
11/03/2009

Hearings

# Date Time Type Room Plea Duration Jury Result
1 10/19/2009 9:30AM Grand Jury True Bill/Arrested on Capias
2 11/03/2009 9:30AM Appoint Counsel Continued
3 01/19/2010 9:30AM To Be Set

CaseNumber Defendant Charge Hear Date Status
CR09000463-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000464-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000465-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000466-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000467-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000468-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y 01/19/2010 Active
CR09000469-00 MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE GRAND LARCENY: AUTO THEFT 01/19/2010 Active

showing 09/13/2009 as his Offense Date for each death??
Wow, the 09/13/2009 thing blows my mind. Maybe Sam was signing in and talking as if he was them on myspace, but that doesn't explain why mel had spoken to her mom after that. Doesn't it say somewhere that she had? I think I remember reading that somewhere.
hmmmm that's wierd!

Also, it would depend on overhead. I mean, do they produce and record their own music? What is the music quality like? I know there is a studio, but it is sound proof top notch? Do the artists make much? are they signing over rights? i owned and operated a studio. It's a touch and go with income in that situation.

They record at home in their studio... As for Quality its okay.. No it's not sound proof, well if you want to call a closet sound proof. The Artist on the label don't make any money, they are giving money for beats, cd artwork. In my guess they will make very little profit after spending it on these things.. SKR is not a real record label like many think.. Most of the artist record at home the tracks then send it over the net to be produce by the label. If you want to know more I guess you should take a trip over to the website http://www.skrwillrise.com

Wow, the 09/13/2009 thing blows my mind. Maybe Sam was signing in and talking as if he was them on myspace, but that doesn't explain why mel had spoken to her mom after that. Doesn't it say somewhere that she had? I think I remember reading that somewhere.
hmmmm that's wierd!

I wonder what it means. I think there were MySpace postings as late as 8PM on the 15th.

Edited to add: the case was also filed on the 16th according to this.

They record at home in their studio... As for Quality its okay.. No it's not sound proof, well if you want to call a closet sound proof. The Artist on the label don't make any money, they are giving money for beats, cd artwork. In my guess they will make very little profit after spending it on these things.. SKR is not a real record label like many think.. Most of the artist record at home the tracks then send it over the net to be produce by the label. If you want to know more I guess you should take a trip over to the website http://www.skrwillrise.com

People all over the world are making music in their bedrooms and some of them have even made hit records. However, it is clear that with sales totaling less than $100K annually they can't be living too high on the hog.

I wonder what it means. I think there were MySpace postings as late as 8PM on the 15th.

Edited to add: the case was also filed on the 16th according to this.

I don't know, do you think that that could be the date they think he premeditated the murders?
It was filed on the 16th of october?....hmm....what does all that mean? I know the records can't be that inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Lopes