VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An "occult expert" being called in and finding occult symbols are not at all the same thing. That's almost as sloppy as the suggestion yesterday that McCroskey had been charged with 1 count capital murder in furtherance of terrorism because of a news report that noted that capital murder isn't a single charge and then listed that as one possible cause for the charge.

It's things like that which get remember later as facts when they were not factual at all. Details like that can make a big difference when trying to figure things out. It's hard enough to make sense of things as it is.

There has been no confirmation of any occult symbols at the scene. We don't know what (if anything) was written with the Sharpie, just that it was taken as evidence. Rimer was called apparently, however I can't imagine (based on his own presentation materials that I reviewed) he has much to add to the investigation here.

Dunno, if it were LSD it'd probably list blotter paper, a vial of liquid, or a gel tab.. not a pill.

I agree, but LSD has been distributed in pill form. You have to test the pill to know what it is.

Capital murder in this instance is more than 2 within 3 years. There are 6 possible combinations of items taken 2 at a time from a set of 4. If we have A,B,C,D that allows AB,AC,AD,BC,BD,CD If they fail at proving one, they still have him on the others, so they list them all. They could even go further and add all the three way combinations, but he dies anyway on the two way which would have to exist if the three way combinations do.

I'm sorry if I offended you. This thread has always been a source of good information, but it also had a lot of incorrect information back in it's early days even when more accurate informations was already available. I don't want to see it start to slip back in. That early lack of disciplined weeding of bad information coupled with lots of bickering by people who would like to blur the distinction between fact and opinion keep me from joining in much earlier. The latter problem persists to some extent.

Incorrect information has a way of taking root once it gets written down and even after it's debunked, it has a way of affecting the way we think. Case in point, two follow ups to the terrorism mention.

---"I think you got all that right. The terrorism one makes me really stop and think too."

---"The furtherance of terrorism angle is interesting given the blog that calls SKR "American Terrorists" but also contains links to merchandise."

The Blog "http://horror-core.blogspot.com/" doesnt actually have links for merchandise they are only pictures that appear to be links. The only item you could purchase by the site would be the shirts since it gives the web address of where to purchase.

PS: A NOTE ABOUT SYKO SAM T-SHIRTS:
http://www.cafepress.com/imgoinsamonit

:devil::angel::devil::angel::devil::angel::devil:

True. I'm 1st year law right now and I've been on the forum for 9 years off and on. This is where I get to have an opinion. There would have to be shocking exculpatory evidence at this point given what we do know.

Ted Bundy was a pretty nice guy to those who knew his other "normal" side I guess, but it is disturbing that someone can seem shy, quiet, nice AND THEN go so crazy brutal and that's why it's fascinating too. We don't REALLY know people.

And that reminds me, back to Torts.

Good to hear you're in Law School. It gets much better after the first year, trust me.

Cool, I didnt know you were a law student, I elected not to make a career of it after spending a few years in the DAs office and preferred a career in journalism instead but there is nothing better than a legal education, whether you decide to practice or not it will benefit in many ways in your life. Good luck and if you need any help let me know, I went through exactly what you are doing now and it wasnt much fun at the time!

If I ever do practice again, and I may, I will definitely work in criminal defense and most likely in death pentalty case appeals, but I need to pay my house off first since there is no money in that. So I will write a few more articles before I consider that career change.

I work in criminal defense, but I've only been practicing for a few months. I haven't had any death penalty cases yet.

The Blog "http://horror-core.blogspot.com/" doesnt actually have links for merchandise they are only pictures that appear to be links. The only item you could purchase by the site would be the shirts since it gives the web address of where to purchase.

PS: A NOTE ABOUT SYKO SAM T-SHIRTS:
http://www.cafepress.com/imgoinsamonit

As you state, the blog contains the link to
http://www.cafepress.com/imgoinsamonit which is an opportunity to buy t-shirts from cafe press. This is merchandise for sale.

There is also a donation link at the bottom which is also a commerce link although there is no merchandise presented for sale.

I agree the blog does not contain direct links to buy SKR official merchandise, there are just images of the merchandise here.

♠Stained Glass Skin♠ R.I.P DiGi

Sep 17 2009 11:12 AM

whats up man get at us when you wash the dead **** off ya=)how was sftw?

Note the date of that comment I just posted....a day before the bodies were found by police.

As you state, the blog contains the link to
http://www.cafepress.com/imgoinsamonit which is an opportunity to buy t-shirts from cafe press. This is merchandise for sale.

There is also a donation link at the bottom which is also a commerce link although there is no merchandise presented for sale.

I agree the blog does not contain direct links to buy SKR official merchandise, there are just images of the merchandise here.

I was just pointing out that the sites looks like SKR self promoting themselves as terrorists, however its promoting another product.

I was just pointing out that the sites looks like SKR self promoting themselves as terrorists, however its promoting another product.

Well, we don't know who created that website or whether their intention was to profit from sales of those shirts or not. There are several possible explanations, but IMO it is notable that they left that link enabled rather than just give an image of the shirts as they did with the SKR official merchandise.

The donation link is connected to an email address, zombie23@gmail.com, but I can't connect that to a person at this time.

Thinking about people saying Sam seemed like a sweet guy, you had to know him, wouldn't hurt a fly....

The guy wore t-shirts with weapons and blood all over them, he sang about stabbing people until they couldn't breathe anymore, he shot photos and videos of himself whaling on someone/something with an axe and I'm betting a woodpile is not just out of frame, there....

Ted Bundy seemed like a nice guy pretty much all the time he wasn't killing: he was a neat dresser, who seemed to treat others with respect, and he lived what's considered a "normal" life when he wasn't secretly killing someone.

It seems almost comical for people to say Sam didn't show any signs of this. WTH?? It's beyond denial, where people are usually unwilling to see something where at least an attempt to hide it has been made.

I hear you. Apparently Sam is a just big sweetheart… when he isn't bludgeoning people to death.

I really dont know what to believe, obviously the attorney will rep her client and say good things but it sure seems like everyone is painting Sam as someone who really couldnt have done this and then you add in his calm and flippant behavior after his arrest and well, maybe Sam and his lawyer know something we dont. It is hard to imagine that he didnt commit these crimes but I think we are going to see a solid defense and a conviction may not be as easy as it first seems.

The way Sam acted and the things his lawyer is saying in addition to the comments by his sister that he was set up and we will all be surprised when the facts come out, all has me wondering if maybe we are jumping to conclusions too fast.

On the other hand, the police have seemingly not looked at or spoke to anyone else and it seems they feel its a simple open and shut case and Sam did it.

I think that would be a real tough sell for the defense attorneys. Who is going to believe that an innocent patsy would stay, for days, at the crime scene with the decomposing bodies? IMO, the defense has their work cut out for them if they want to keep Sam off of death row.

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-farmville-murder-suspect-attorney-talks,0,5327401.story

interesting report, also, sam's family has not traveled to Virginia yet. 'As for the public's perception of his client, Stone simply says "Lets wait until you actually learn more about him before you make any judgments".' quoted from the article.

Very interesting. I was wondering about that. Could he have picked a worse place to get locked up in. He's a long long way from home. I wonder if anyone will even show up for his trial, if he has one. If I were his attorney, I'd try to plea out for LWOP with a complete confession.

There has been no confirmation of any occult symbols at the scene. We don't know what (if anything) was written with the Sharpie, just that it was taken as evidence. Rimer was called apparently, however I can't imagine (based on his own presentation materials that I reviewed) he has much to add to the investigation here.

I've been reading this thread since the start and want to thank everyone here for your posts. It's all so intriguing! Regarding the occult symbols: Is it possible these types of symbols were on display in Emma's room, hung up as "art", etc? It doesn't seem like a stretch to think she may have those types of symbols on posters or drawings in her bedroom.

I think that would be a real tough sell for the defense attorneys. Who is going to believe that an innocent patsy would stay, for days, at the crime scene with the decomposing bodies? IMO, the defense has their work cut out for them if they want to keep Sam off of death row.

Well, imagine yourself in that position hypothetically. You've been set up to be in a house with four brutal murders likely by people that you thought were your friends. What would you do?

However I imagine the forensic evidence will kill that whole story and line of reasoning.

I seriously think the demonic possession angle is more convincing.

Really.

BTW, one more comment on this, this site is not where SKR are "promoting themselves as terrorists" their music does that:

ima american terrorist raised up in this wicked nation
breeded and sent by the peoples frustrations and im
not al queda ima homegrown satanist terrorist
who loves to kill a ****ing passafist youve been
found guilty by the doctrines of the damned for preachin
beliefs that contradict the left hand ive got a bomb on my chest
and im not afraid to use it, got the power of the devil, best
believe im gunna abuse it on american christians
and catholics **** the baptists and muslim theatrics
your god was a *advertiser censored* your vrigin was a *advertiser censored*
and mohummad was a and the pope molested
little boys tell me what you wanna know about
this dirty bomb **** chemical warfare in the land
of the free ***** the twin towers was only the beginning
so indulge in desire the real terrorisms coming from me

I've been reading this thread since the start and want to thank everyone here for your posts. It's all so intriguing! Regarding the occult symbols: Is it possible these types of symbols were on display in Emma's room, hung up as "art", etc? It doesn't seem like a stretch to think she may have those types of symbols on posters or drawings in her bedroom.

There is no confirmed report of any occult symbols at the crime scene. However, SKR related clothing and CDs contain occult symbols so there were clearly at least some of them in the house...

I hear you. Apparently Sam is a just big sweetheart… when he isn't bludgeoning people to death.

I'm no expert on that case, but my understanding is that Ted Bundy gave little or no outward indication he was interested in killing people. In contrast McCroskey is very into horrorcore and horror movies and he writes songs about killing.

They both might be mentally ill, but the characteristics of the illness are very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl