VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say specifically, of course, but I bet it was black.

I was sort of wondering if it included this:

51UGb0ZVtZL._SS500_.jpg

Noting also that it is mostly black so it would match the wardrobe.

But I didn't see music CDs on the evidence list, so probably just clothes?

I was thinking, Black undies, wow, that's weird! Then I realized... hey...most of my undies are black. Does seem a little over the top for a guy like Sam. (Altho, I'd be among the last to know.) :rolleyes:

I was thinking, Black undies, wow, that's weird! Then I realized... hey...most of my undies are black. Does seem a little over the top for a guy like Sam. (Altho, I'd be among the last to know.) :rolleyes:

I don't think black underwear is unusual for a guy, bright colors would be more unusual. But in truth after Joe Boxer pioneered designer boxer shorts in the late 90s, pretty much anything goes in this department. ;)

It seems SKR's store doesn't sell any underwear at the present time. However there is a picture of Melanie somewhere IIRC where she is wearing some so I guess they have sold it in the past.

I almost got guillotined for bringing this up previously, but IMO it has a lot to do with the fact that Big Lurch is African American.

The media didn't care about horrorcore or "horrorcore murders" until white suburban girls were involved.

There's quite a few cases that don't get major national media attention for whatever reason. One is the Christian/Newsom murders in Knoxville where a young white couple on a date where repeatedly raped, tortured, one of them shot and burned and dumped by railroad tracks - all by a group of black men.

I believe that case happened in 2007 and I never heard about it til I visited relatives in Knoxville a few months ago. I guess the media didn't care because it was a young white couple being brutally murdered by a gang of black men?

I'd say the reason Sam's case has gotten more attention than the 'horrorcore' case you mentioned isn't due to race but because it involved a kid flying across the country and eventually bludgeoning a family and friend in a small quaint country college town like Farmville.

There's quite a few cases that don't get major national media attention for whatever reason. One is the Christian/Newsom murders in Knoxville where a young white couple on a date where repeatedly raped, tortured, one of them shot and burned and dumped by railroad tracks - all by a group of black men.

I believe that case happened in 2007 and I never heard about it til I visited relatives in Knoxville a few months ago. I guess the media didn't care because it was a young white couple being brutally murdered by a gang of black men?

I'd say the reason Sam's case has gotten more attention than the 'horrorcore' case you mentioned isn't due to race but because it involved a kid flying across the country and eventually bludgeoning a family and friend in a small quaint country college town like Farmville.

I think it was the "Jesus told me to do it" quote and the fact that these people shared a lot of their lives on the internet. It makes it real interesting when you can see the accused and the victims lives spread out all over the internet.

:devil::angel::devil::angel::devil::angel::devil:

Sure there are lots of reasons for stories that don't get attention or even get suppressed. However there is also a long history in America of vilifying musical forms that come from the African American community once the music starts to be popular with white audiences. This dates back at least to the 1920s with the flappers and jazz, and of course Elvis brought rhythm and blues to a white audience, rock music was originally an African American art form, and finally we have hip hop. Despite the fact that the rappers in this case are white, the music originates in the African American community.

This incident was pretty widely reported. I remember when it happened, though I guess my obvious interested in Criminal law makes me more apt than the average person to read these things.

I'm trying to construct some of these confirmed facts here into coherent arguments for both sides but they seem to still go both ways. You could say: see, he was spurned, he must have plotted this murder for days. But, he was visibly nonchalant at the concert and didn't arose anyone's concern. And he was with some other girl . . . I almost wonder, based on the OK Cupid profile, the other girl at SFTW, if he had a few little internet girlfriends.

It also seems like Emma was being cruel to him on the ride home. But, why did it take him so long to do it, if he planned it out? What was the significance of that night, the 15th, as opposed to the 14th? The 16th? Presumably, he would have had similar opportunities. They certainly slept on the 14th.

Well, you might have to build up to bludgeoning. Like Emma and Mel maybe kept dissing him, and on the 15th he waited until they fell asleep and then he really let loose.

The act with the other girl at the concert may have been just that--an act. But then when they went back to Virginia and rejection was in his face, maybe even derision from Emma and Mel, then he filled up with rage to the point that he murdered.

None of this seems necessarily contradictory to me, but rather just the usual ambiguous thoughts and actions of a complex human being.

Well, you might have to build up to bludgeoning. Like Emma and Mel maybe kept dissing him, and on the 15th he waited until they fell asleep and then he really let loose.

The act with the other girl at the concert may have been just that--an act. But then when they went back to Virginia and rejection was in his face, maybe even derision from Emma and Mel, then he filled up with rage to the point that he murdered.

None of this seems necessarily contradictory to me, but rather just the usual ambiguous thoughts and actions of a complex human being.

I'm going back to the posting I quoted earlier. He could have left Emma's house at any time, but he didn't. He could have just gone and crashed at the airport for example even for several days. Why didn't he do this?

It seems it might have something to do with the dynamic with his father making it impossible for him to return home without losing face in an extreme way. But again this is speculation.

I'm trying to construct some of these confirmed facts here into coherent arguments for both sides but they seem to still go both ways. You could say: see, he was spurned, he must have plotted this murder for days. But, he was visibly nonchalant at the concert and didn't arose anyone's concern. And he was with some other girl . . . I almost wonder, based on the OK Cupid profile, the other girl at SFTW, if he had a few little internet girlfriends.

It also seems like Emma was being cruel to him on the ride home. But, why did it take him so long to do it, if he planned it out? What was the significance of that night, the 15th, as opposed to the 14th? The 16th? Presumably, he would have had similar opportunities. They certainly slept on the 14th.

PiXy talks about one of her friends saying to her " I wonder if Sam saw the texts Emma and I were doing back and forth." She says this friend of hers was very upset.

What I take from this is that the friend was another performer Emma finally had met and liked more than Sam, but Sam didnt snap UNTIL he finally saw all the texts he and her were doing all those days, TEXTS THAT WERE LIKELY ABOUT SAM, making fun of him etc, this was Sams crowd and he was watching it all be taken from him and he finally snapped.

Couple this with Sam's fathers comments and you have a recipie for disaster. Sam had nothing to lose.

PiXy talks about one of her friends saying to her " I wonder if Sam saw the texts Emma and I were doing back and forth." She says this friend of hers was very upset.

What I take from this is that the friend was another performer Emma finally had met and liked more than Sam, but Sam didnt snap UNTIL he finally saw all the texts he and her were doing all those days, TEXTS THAT WERE LIKELY ABOUT SAM, making fun of him etc, this was Sams crowd and he was watching it all be taken from him and he finally snapped.

This makes sense.

Emma's phone was taken as evidence and the texts are going to be collected as well. So if your theory is true, this will all come out during the trial I imagine.

Still some unknowns...

Why did he stay at the house after committing the murders?
Did he take pictures or videos?
Why the trip to Poorhouse Road? (apparently the murder weapons were found in the house)
What about the pills? (I note that another person associated with WIR, Skinny Sick, also was arrested for a violent crime in the same week...bad pillz?)

This makes sense.

Emma's phone was taken as evidence and the texts are going to be collected as well. So if your theory is true, this will all come out during the trial I imagine.

Still some unknowns...

Why did he stay at the house after committing the murders?
Did he take pictures or videos?
Why the trip to Poorhouse Road? (apparently the murder weapons were found in the house)
What about the pills? (I note that another person associated with WIR, Skinny Sick, also was arrested for a violent crime in the same week...bad pillz?)

Good questions, no answers for those yet. Stumped.

Yeah, i agree you would have to had built up to the bludgeoning. This is why I don't buy that Sam planned this murder from SFTW. In fact, these new facts seem to indicate a lack of foresight. He dropped a bunch of money on merch that he would never have an opportunity to use.

The father's reaction to sam leaving is telling.

First we have THIS from piXy:

Thank you all for listening to that song i posted. I just wanted to put a Human side to horrorcore instead of the "only talk about death and murder" side the media is putting out. Me personally knowing alot of these rappers their stage personality and their real personality are drastically different. An artist on SKR, who like me had just met Emma and Mel on the 12th and totally fell in love with them, named Stitchmouth composed a song tonite about Emma and Mel if u want to listen to to it.... I love how in the first line he says right now im addressing you all as Tommy not at Stitchmouth....
This man has been crying for days over this. I dont know how he made it thru the song actually

http://www.myspace.com/stitchmouth

Another artist who fell in love with the girls who was CRYING FOR DAYS and is a FRIEND OF PIXYs. Stitchmouth right?

Then we have THIS from piXy:

"I wouldn't doubt it bc the same person who broke the news to me that they were indeed all dead had said to me " i wonder if he saw the texts we were writing back and forth."

And THIS:

I really wish i could have made it to Melanies Funeral today =(
and i think i know who the text message was from, the same person who was crying and called me after midnite friday to tell me they were all dead.
I hope he doesnt get brought up in these news reports bc he is a very good friend of mine and i dont want to see his name dragged thru the mud

Does anyone want to draw a conclusion from this??? I think we just figured out who Emma was seeing after she left Sam and why Sam lost it (the texts likely making fun of him between Emma and this 'person'.)

I think it was the "Jesus told me to do it" quote and the fact that these people shared a lot of their lives on the internet. It makes it real interesting when you can see the accused and the victims lives spread out all over the internet.

That was a big part too. Anyway, the point I was making was it's not because it involved white girls. I really don't see race as being an issue in it.

But Premeditation requires specific intent. He would have had to have specific intent to kill emma, mel, and her parents. Merely fantasizing about killing is not enough.

I think that the violence he sang about, and the fact that the victims were bludgeoned to death may be enough to convince a jury of premeditation. IIRC he sang about smashing people's heads in. All of the victims had been so viciously attacked that they were unrecognizable. I'm not sure a jury will need to hear that Sam wanted to kill these specific people, it will be the fact that he publicly expressed the desire to kill someone/anyone in the manner that the victims were killed in. JMO, IANAL, etc.

I was an alternate juror on attempted murder trial in San Francisco a few years back and in that case the prosecution failed to convince the jury that there was premeditation. The guy was found guilty of attempted manslaughter instead.

And this was after he threatened the guy he later stabbed in a recorded jail house phone call.

Perhaps Sam's lawyers should try to have the trial moved to California. :D

Couple this with Sam's fathers comments and you have a recipie for disaster. Sam had nothing to lose.

Even so, most people wouldn't resort to murder over it. But, throw into the mix someone deeply involved with satanism, horrorcore music and culture - and yeah, it makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019