VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....again just like nikolai said i just think you give him too much credit or too little.....you either think he is some evil mastermind plotter or some complete dumb *advertiser censored* that decides to kill cos someone told him to or gave him a book to read.
i think he's neither.not even a psychopath or any other major mental problem.
just a disturbed kid that was holding in too much anger

....i reallly imagine him being comfortable in that house and not leaving until he absolutely had to....i mean what was his outlook on life from that point on? i wouldn't have been in a hurry to run...run where?....imo he must have known his life was over at that point....i could imagine when he drove around he was just cruising,when he finally had to leave he still didn't seem in a hurry,he did not waste energy to clean the crime scene...and when he was caught he did not seem to care much one way or the other....

Remember he also violently killed Emma's father after hanging around the house a bit. Was he just angry at him too? Or was he afraid of getting caught?

We don't really know.

Also, since we don't know what he was doing in the house we can't know who he called or contacted via the computer in the house. Similarly he very likely conducted some Google searches while there. I imagine examining the browser cache would be illuminating.

....again just like nikolai said i just think you give him too much credit or too little.....you either think he is some evil mastermind plotter or some complete dumb *advertiser censored* that decides to kill cos someone told him to or gave him a book to read.
i think he's neither.not even a psychopath or any other major mental problem.
just a disturbed kid that was holding in too much anger

I do not think he was an "evil mastermind plotter".

I do think he was a "disturbed kid that was holding too much anger".

I do think he had interests that influenced his crimes, e.g. the mysterious noises in the basement.

Remember he also violently killed Emma's father after hanging around the house a bit. Was he just angry at him too? Or was he afraid of getting caught?

We don't really know.

Also, since we don't know what he was doing in the house we can't know who he called or contacted via the computer in the house. Similarly he very likely conducted some Google searches while there. I imagine examining the browser cache would be illuminating.

Hmmm.... It would seem possible, even likely, that Sam would have had online contact in that time. I am just thinking but... I could see him talking to some similarly sicko friend and saying what was going on, or at least alluding to it. Maybe even being egged on to do some weird **** with the bodies, whether the person actually believed it was real or not.

I finder it harder to believe Sam wouldn't have online contact with someone. Maybe through gaming, his longtime online acquaintances....

Good advice, but too late.

Folks, you have a choice with posts that are abusive. In order, from best to worse outcome:

1) Report it and move on. You don't need to worry, if it's not bad there's no consequence to you.

2) Ignore it. But don't complain later if nothing is done - the mods cannot possibly read every post here.

3) Respond and prolong it. Then it becomes mutual combat, and you'll both probably get a TO.

Pick one - don't report a post AND respond to it as well, it's really irritating because the mods have to clean things up.

Hi, . I dont' THINK this is what you're saying, but to clarify: I didn't personally report any posts. Just posted what you quoted above, thinking that might be all it took.

Thanks. --tap

...well,we know he had contact with sinister and imo sinister knows everything....

Seems like he would know whatever Sam told him, but not more. Would he have told him "everything"?

And I'm curious...If the "simple crime" theory is correct and this was just a murder over being dumped by a 14 year old girl, why do you think he would advertise that fact to his horrorcore friends?

Seems likely they would ridicule him at best.

...well,we know he had contact with sinister and imo sinister knows everything....

And he may have had something like this going with siniister and now siniister is, for obvious reasons, not letting on with the whole story. But there might be other "lesser" characters that Sam would feel safe letting out some of this with, in some way or the other.

That's just how "deeper" online involvement seems to go with people you know only online. Some reveal a lot and, conversely, reveal only "versions" of reality, highly circumscribed or disguised. IME, anyway.

I do not think he was an "evil mastermind plotter".

I do think he was a "disturbed kid that was holding too much anger".

I do think he had interests that influenced his crimes, e.g. the mysterious noises in the basement.

I pretty much agree with you. But, I'm curious about your last sentence. Do you think he had a psychotic break and was actually hearing voices? Or that for days he had been living in a house with dead bodies and he was starting to get spooked. That coupled with not sleeping could seriously affect one's cognitive processes.

(Respectfully snipped)

Also, it doesn't take a genius to know that if you claim God's voice or something like that made you do something bad you have a chance at an insanity plea. Perhaps those who know murder cases or follow serial killers?

An insanity defense is an extremely high burden to prove.

Good morning, friends.

Hey, I'd hate to lose either one of you to moderation, and I'd hate to lose any of our other posters because they get sick of the sniping. Just sayin'.

ITA. We have a really good bunch here. I'd hate to lose any more posters.

"McCroskey calls police from Kelley residence, claiming to hear noises from basement," "Friday, Sept 18 12:58am: He requests that the same officer that previously responded to return to check it out. The requested officer was on another call, so two other FPD officers respond, enter house, go to basement, find nothing suspicious, and leave." Ok, then tell me what you think that was all about? Wow, I don't want to give him too much credit. : )

Now that's interesting. If Sam did indeed ask for the same officer then he might have been trying to get him back to the house to murder him as that officer would be the only one who could identify Sam as the person who answered the door on the first call.

....i think he was comfortable in that house and didn't wanna leave back into the real world,nothing to go back into the real world for.jmo

You know, I think this is a very good point. Sam had slipped out of reality and he wasn't in a hurry to get back to it.

I pretty much agree with you. But, I'm curious about your last sentence. Do you think he had a psychotic break and was actually hearing voices? Or that for days he had been living in a house with dead bodies and he was starting to get spooked. That coupled with not sleeping could seriously affect one's cognitive processes.

We don't know he didn't sleep, although he did say that to someone IIRC.

I think he surrounded himself with horror imagery and horror movie paraphernalia including horrorcore music. I think he at least watched a lot of horror movies and read stuff on the web about serial killers. There's plenty of material out there to find for those that look for it.

I think either he was trying to live out some sort of movie-like fantasy, hence the actual relevance to the case of "Hollywood" theories, or alternatively the movie themes just sort of "leaked out" out of his unconscious.

It is no coincidence IMO that it is a horror movie cliche that there are weird noises from the basement or the attic, or that in horror movies the people that check the basement usually die.

You know, I think this is a very good point. Sam had slipped out of reality and he wasn't in a hurry to get back to it.

I don't know. Someone posted a quotation from David Berkowitz earlier that was closer to the mark IMO. A lot of serial killers report extreme clarity after killing as do soldiers. He's also reported to be walking around the town and buying things at Kroger's after the murders. I think he was quite aware that it was all very very real.

gxm may have meant that Sam had slipped out of his old reality--his pre-murdering loser life--and was enjoying being where he was now.

dangrs, I think you may be right on about sam immersing himself in horror/horrorcore those days. And in the bodies and what he thought to do with them then.

gxm may have meant that Sam had slipped out of his old reality--his pre-murdering loser life--and was enjoying being where he was now.

dangrs, I think you may be right on about sam immersing himself in horror/horrorcore those days. And in the bodies and what he thought to do with them then.

Well that I agree with. But I don't think it was just because they had a well stocked fridge or premium cable.

Well that I agree with. But I don't think it was just because they had a well stocked fridge or premium cable.

No, neither do I. I meant for my agreement about the horror/horrorcore indulgence to be tied to that thought. I think he really got into himself, his new identity. I think it comes out when he was arrested, and when he was transported, too. Sam may have been transformed, felt transcendent. Don't know if the glow would have worn off yet. That kind of depends on his underlying sanity or lack thereof, I would think.

E4ia9moxWOrl.jpg

The Fantasy

250sammy_092109.gif

The Reality

Note he's wearing the same clothes in these images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member