VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was in Prince Edward County.......not in town limits........Want me to draw you a map?
you gave me numbers for the town of Farmville with the murders happening in the county of Prince Edward and not the town...............

You are wrong! Yes, Farmville is in Prince Edward County however Prince Edward County does not consist of only Farmville. There is Rice, Greenbay, Prospect, Hampden-Sydney, etc. Where the body was found was not in the town limits of Farmville. i am ******* right. Do I need to draw you a map?

Your still not getting it . All those places , small communities in the county , are still "Farmville" as a generalization.

You are wrong! Yes, Farmville is in Prince Edward County however Prince Edward County does not consist of only Farmville. There is Rice, Greenbay, Prospect, Hampden-Sydney, etc. Where the body was found was not in the town limits of Farmville. i am ******* right. Do I need to draw you a map?

We have went nearly four months without any animosity towards other posters here unlike most threads on this forum, do we really need to start all that now? I understand you have an issue with what they are saying but can you express your displeasure with that in a way that doesnt cause fighting and ill will within the group. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we really enjoy your local input and I hope we can continue to count on that but you do seem to be taking things personally when none of this is directed at you as such.

Tell them where they may be wrong and let them respond or issue a correction but I dont see any reason to get upset about it. I have reviewed the stats and DM is not wrong the per capita murder rate is higher than most places in FV. Even if DM IS wrong I think he has earned the right to a mistake now and then as he has certainly been right about many more things than he has been wrong about.

Your still not getting it . All those places , small communities in the county , are still "Farmville" as a generalization.
No, it is not! So how many people live in 'Farmville' and how many people live in Prince Edward........see you are not getting it. It is a big difference. In Prince Edward Co there are 21,823 citizens.
you can not generalize and get accurate information.........

Another example, My childhood home was in Five Forks, with a Prospect phone number, a Pamplin address and not Farmville. I LIVED IN PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY although PAMPLIN is in APPOMATTOX COUNTY.
If I lived in Farmville I would pay a town tax and a county tax, but I do not live in the town limits so I only pay county taxes. .......

peace

I think that is what he is getting at for the most part and that may have been lost on PG which I can understand, its her home turf and she wants to defend it I am sure it is a nice place but having recently went to Mississippi to help rebuild some of the destruction caused by Katrina I saw more racism there in a month than I have seen in my entire life. I had 4 black crew members on my contstuction crew and they were harrassed by the police and ridiculed and mocked by the people living in the area so racism is indeed alive and well and I think DM is right to point that out and hammer it home because the south is full of it and its a damned shame.

That " YOU ARE WRONG ! " statement kinda struck me the wrong way.

Anyone ever hear that preacher scream that ? The local rock station has played that sound bite for years.

It is usually accompanied by " YOU ARE GOING TO HELL !"

That was in Prince Edward County.......not in town limits........Want me to draw you a map?

prince edward county consist of more than just Farmville. The Prince Edward county police were called and processed the crime scene for Carter and Jones. The town of Farmville police were called to the murder scene at 505 1st ave.

An address can be stated as Farmville but not be in the town limits. Example my ex lives in Hampden Sydney with a Farmville address...........

I find your argument unconvincing frankly.

I used to live in an unincorporated area of Santa Cruz County, and when we had loud parties the county sheriff not the SCPD would come and shut us down. But no one would have argued over whether our house was generally in the area of "Santa Cruz" or really in the neighboring towns of Soquel, Aptos, or Capitola. We had a Santa Cruz mailing address and everyone calls that general area and the specific location "Santa Cruz".

We have went nearly four months without any animosity towards other posters here unlike most threads on this forum, do we really need to start all that now? I understand you have an issue with what they are saying but can you express your displeasure with that in a way that doesnt cause fighting and ill will within the group. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we really enjoy your local input and I hope we can continue to count on that but you do seem to be taking things personally when none of this is directed at you as such.

Tell them where they may be wrong and let them respond or issue a correction but I dont see any reason to get upset about it. I have reviewed the stats and DM is not wrong the per capita murder rate is higher than most places in FV. Even if DM IS wrong I think he has earned the right to a mistake now and then as he has certainly been right about many more things than he has been wrong about.
Sorry, if I offended you or anyone else...I can clearly see you do not understand my point. Your facts are not accurate. My local imput does not matter. I am finished with trying to explain or give any input. yes, it upset me that an idiot like Sam came to my community and killed 4 people. Maybe you should ask the question how many buttwipes come from other places and kill the people in our community? Research that will ya?

No, it is not! So how many people live in 'Farmville' and how many people live in Prince Edward........see you are not getting it. It is a big difference. In Prince Edward Co there are 21,823 citizens.
you can not generalize and get accurate information.........

Another example, My childhood home was in Five Forks, with a Prospect phone number, a Pamplin address and not Farmville. I LIVED IN PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY although PAMPLIN is in APPOMATTOX COUNTY.
If I lived in Farmville I would pay a town tax and a county tax, but I do not live in the town limits so I only pay county taxes. .......

peace

Even using the entire county population, you'd still have a very high murder rate. And I expect there might be a another murder or two that would need to be included counting the entire county. But even using my number of 6 murders you would have the following:

(6/21,823)*100,000 = 27.4939

That's still a very high rate and higher than a lot of other places, for example San Francisco. It is approaching the rates seen in some places I expect you'd be likely to try and avoid i.e. Washington D.C. (34.1) and Baltimore MD (36.9).

Sorry, if I offended you or anyone else...I can clearly see you do not understand my point. Your facts are not accurate. My local imput does not matter. I am finished with trying to explain or give any input. yes, it upset me that an idiot like Sam came to my community and killed 4 people. Maybe you should ask the question how many buttwipes come from other places and kill the people in our community? Research that will ya?

Maybe instead of asking the question of "how many" buttwipes come from other places and kill , the question should instead be "why".

I think this is because longwood and farmville is a regular " freak magnet " , of a sorts.

No offense , of course !

Seems like the answer would be 1.

In fact that's my entire point. Why did Sam go to Farmville to commit these murders?

He could have conceivably killed someone in Michigan at STFW or in California or even when he was visiting Washington and Oregon.

But he didn't. He killed in Farmville.

Recently I was working on some systems to prevent identity theft. We had uncovered an identity fraud ring operating in the Los Angeles area (actually Simi Valley to be precise) and the ring was hitting bank branches moving in an easterly direction along a freeway. But they didn't hit every bank in the area. I wondered about why, but "the powers that be" said I was wasting my time. It's just random they said. But they were wrong, and I was able to show that the criminals were selecting their targets using a very simple decision algorithm.

Criminals make decisions about the nature, location, and timing of their crimes. And it seems a surprising number of them select Farmville and surrounding "not Farmville" locales. Why? That is the question I trying to answer here.

Maybe instead of asking the question of "how many" buttwipes come from other places and kill , the question should instead be "why".

I think this is because longwood and farmville is a regular " freak magnet " , of a sorts.

No offense , of course !
I do find that very offensive Rock! Farmville is no different than any other small town. A lot of people come here to retire after working in a huge city. Our faults just may be the people here are a little more friendly and trusting than in other towns.

I find your argument unconvincing frankly.

I used to live in an unincorporated area of Santa Cruz County, and when we had loud parties the county sheriff not the SCPD would come and shut us down. But no one would have argued over whether our house was generally in the area of "Santa Cruz" or really in the neighboring towns of Soquel, Aptos, or Capitola. We had a Santa Cruz mailing address and everyone calls that general area and the specific location "Santa Cruz".

Both the math and the "logic" are getting real sloppy right now. Peace gurl is most definitely right about the distinction between Farmville and the county. In Virginia, cities have nothing to do with counties. They have entirely separate local governments including police forces, etc.

In Charlottesville, we have a county court house right down the street from the city court house. They have nothing to do with one another. I live on a dead end road, very near to its end. The end of the road is about a block long and is not accessible from any other county road(technically it's a state road, since there are no county roads except in 2(maybe 3) counties in Virginia. We recently had nearly 2 feet of snow fall. The city trucks stop plowing exactly at the line leaving the people at the end stranded. City police do not answer calls there. It is not in the city and nothing there would be counted in any city statistics.

Town are within counties but have some independence from those counties. They have police departments, which may be optional I'm not sure; but if they do at least, their jurisdictions are not the same as those of county police. Farmville is also right on the Appomattox River. It is not the same county about halfway across the bridge over the river although it is a relative short walk from downtown. Farmville police would not handle calls there although they are certainly closer than Cumberland County police would be. Prince Edward county police would not handle calls there, although they may have their headquarters in Farmville for all I know.

If you are going to try to use statistics to make a point, it is incumbent upon you when you attempt to make that point to use accurate data or have your results questioned. Peace gurl has raised very legitimate questions about your results.

I think that is what he is getting at for the most part and that may have been lost on PG which I can understand, its her home turf and she wants to defend it I am sure it is a nice place but having recently went to Mississippi to help rebuild some of the destruction caused by Katrina I saw more racism there in a month than I have seen in my entire life. I had 4 black crew members on my contstuction crew and they were harrassed by the police and ridiculed and mocked by the people living in the area so racism is indeed alive and well and I think DM is right to point that out and hammer it home because the south is full of it and its a damned shame.
Thanks Pax, I do love my community and will defend it. I Love my life here. People in this community pulled together and helped me when i could not help myself. A single mom with two teenage kids and serious health issues. Without this community I would not be alive today to type this message to you. It is a safe place to live and work.

I do find that very offensive Rock! Farmville is no different than any other small town. A lot of people come here to retire after working in a huge city. Our faults just may be the people here are a little more friendly and trusting than in other towns.

Personally I don't think it was the friendly treatment he got in town that drove Sam to kill four people.

But I do note that the police were very polite to him.

Both the math and the "logic" are getting real sloppy right now. Peace gurl is most definitely right about the distinction between Farmville and the county. In Virginia, cities have nothing to do with counties. They have entirely separate local governments including police forces, etc.

In Charlottesville, we have a county court house right down the street from the city court house. They have nothing to do with one another. I live on a dead end road, very near to its end. The end of the road is about a block long and is not accessible from any other county road(technically it's a state road, since there are no county roads except in 2(maybe 3) counties in Virginia. We recently had nearly 2 feet of snow fall. The city trucks stop plowing exactly at the line leaving the people at the end stranded. City police do not answer calls there. It is not in the city and nothing there would be counted in any city statistics.

Town are within counties but have some independence from those counties. They have police departments, which may be optional I'm not sure; but if they do at least, their jurisdictions are not the same as those of county police. Farmville is also right on the Appomattox River. It is not the same county about halfway across the bridge over the river although it is a relative short walk from downtown. Farmville police would not handle calls there although they are certainly closer than Cumberland County police would be. Prince Edward county police would not handle calls there, although they may have their headquarters in Farmville for all I know.

If you are going to try to use statistics to make a point, it is incumbent upon you when you attempt to make that point to use accurate data or have your results questioned. Peace gurl has raised very legitimate questions about your results.
Thanks for explaining that. It is so true.

The point is that 6 people at least have been killed in this vicinity this year, 4 in this case and 2 others at the night club. Do you dispute that number?

And I didn't even count the guy that was involved in the murder out in Berrysville.

Seems like the answer would be 1.

In fact that's my entire point. Why did Sam go to Farmville to commit these murders?

He could have conceivably killed someone in Michigan at STFW or in California or even when he was visiting Washington and Oregon.

But he didn't. He killed in Farmville.

Recently I was working on some systems to prevent identity theft. We had uncovered an identity fraud ring operating in the Los Angeles area (actually Simi Valley to be precise) and the ring was hitting bank branches moving in an easterly direction along a freeway. But they didn't hit every bank in the area. I wondered about why, but "the powers that be" said I was wasting my time. It's just random they said. But they were wrong, and I was able to show that the criminals were selecting their targets using a very simple decision algorithm.

Criminals make decisions about the nature, location, and timing of their crimes. And it seems a surprising number of them select Farmville and surrounding "not Farmville" locales. Why? That is the question I trying to answer here.

We might, with perhaps more meaningful end results, ask just what it is about Californians that makes them raise murderous children who then go off to other places to brutalize their citizens.

We might, with perhaps more meaningful end results, ask just what it is about Californians that makes them raise murderous children who then go off to other places to brutalize their citizens.

I agree. In fact I posted two links today referencing this exact point. Pretty much anyone that lives around here will tell you that San Leandro, Castro Valley, and Hayward (the area where Sam was from) are not desirable places to live.

One: Sam was raised in an area with higher levels of "stress" than surrounding areas and somewhat lower life expectancies.

Two: the area in which he grew up has significantly worse environmental pollution than surrounding wealthier areas.

I could post more about this angle, for example this recent story out of CV:
http://badbreeders.net/tag/castro-valley/
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20061108/ai_n16827302/

Here's a recent story from Hayward:
http://cbs5.com/local/hayward.dog.shooting.2.1334200.html

In fact these places have some things in common with Farmville IMO.

Therefore, it is no surprise that Sam was from Castro Valley and that he killed in Farmville. Not a coincidence at all.

The point is that 6 people at least have been killed in this vicinity this year, 4 in this case and 2 others at the night club. Do you dispute that number?

And I didn't even count the guy that was involved in the murder out in Berrysville.
Where the hell is Berrysville? yes, the county of prince edward had a guy that killed his girlfriend and her friend. The town of Farmville had some nutcase kill 4 people. Two people killed 6 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member