VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now would be the time for ScaryMary to give us a scoop on the content of some of Sams letters.

And what happened to PiXy ???

I think its more than "most". I am a bit unclear on peace_girl's position here, but I haven't heard anyone else state they would let a strange man visit their teenage daughter in their home. I think we are universally in agreement that this would not happen in our homes.

I can't imagine Dr. Kelly really felt differently, although maybe that is possible. It seems more likely that Emma lied to her and that she didn't have adequate knowledge of what was going on with Emma's MySpace etc. Kids these days know how to circumvent parental monitoring software. In order to monitor them 100% you either need to control physical access to the computer or use network sniffing software to monitor their communications. The conventional monitoring and blocking software is easily circumvented by the use of proxies for example.

I'm glad I'm not your kid,dangrs,lol...

Blue and white the color of the KKK (As DM point out about Longwood University's colors) in a neighborhood school in the south. A public school that is next door to where the school segregation issues occured. Have you been reading? Brown vs the Board of Education.

Yes, I've been reading, thank you.

Also, I'm aware of Brown v. Board.

So, blue and white, which is the colors of the KKK, Longwood, and Randolph Henry High School, which has large black population. Prince Edward Academy's colors are orange and black.

So what is your point? What does this mean? The HS where the segregation issues occurred has the same colors as the kkk?

Ok so you don't care about the song, I can respect that. I just thought I would do everyone a favor and try to talk to him about putting it out there for those that come here to listen to cause it's the only song i've heard so far of his that actually don't involve killing someone (which I think some of you can appreciate lol).
And yes, I do have to ask permission. As with all my friends, I don't go around telling the world their personal business.

i meant i wanted to hear it...

Now would be the time for ScaryMary to give us a scoop on the content of some of Sams letters.

And what happened to PiXy ???

piXy has a job and a new "friend" so i been busy lol
Im waiting for Jan. i cant wait to see what happens

Pretty much all of you are in the South from my perspective. Even some Canadians, if we have them. :crazy:

I am a born and bred New York Jew, so if there is a Yankee around here its me and you LOL.

Why did four people die? Here is what happened: Dr. Kelly and her husband had problems. It reflected onto their child, who then had problems. She was friends with other crazy people, one of which was a nutcase sent to use by the California’s (that’s Sam). The California kid killed all four people: two of which were good people, and should have your respect, not your crazy assumptions about the town they are from. One of those people who died was an innocent child. She didn’t even have a chance to mature. The other was just a friend coming to visit.

Emma and Mel deserve respect too and all her friends arent "crazy". Just bc u dont understand the subculture doesnt mean we are insane bc of it.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

Wished I had a paint brush so I could let you see my view point and not read it.

1. My daughters would not listen to horrorcore. It is not their style.
Their occasional teenage babysitter’s killed their parents with a gun. They hate violence.
They do not watch horror movies either!

2. They did not have time to sit and chat on line. At 15 they were consumed in getting a public school education, dance classes, & art classes.

3. Both of my daughters had a public job at 15. Both first jobs were at a European style coffee house.

4. A male stranger that I knew nothing about would not come to stay with us.

( Maybe my style of parenting is a little different than yours, after all I am a single mom.)

This is what I am trying to say:

1. I do not believe Dr. Kelly and Em were having any more difficulties than any typical teenager and parents have. Remember she was getting a divorce.
2. Dr. Kelly did not like the horror core music but did she believe the music scene would kill her? (my mom did not like my Ozzy either.)
3. Dr. Debra Kelly was in therapy with her daughter. I know from personal experience, divorce can make you depressed and highly affect your children. She was working through it with her daughter and husband.
4. I believe the drive to the festival was discussed with her therapist.
5. I Remember reading Sam stayed in one room at the hotel, her dad in another and the girls in another room when they attended the festival. I am sure they thought they were watching after them.
6. I do not know if Em lied to her mom about Sam, his age, what was going on in his life etc. But I believe Debra would try to help anyone. She was a good woman.
7. I live in a small town with lots of college kids (we have two colleges here) it is not unusual for the faculty to have kids in their homes.
8. Yes, it is a trusting town, because everyone knows everyone.
9 People are actually friendly and help each other. As DM said we should not. (When I visited California a few years back it bothered me how unfriendly the employees of stores were. Then I remembered hell, I am on the west coast.)
10. And guess what it is not just the “white people” that we trust. Contrary to what you think most people in our community do not see color. Sure there are racist here but there are racist in California too.

What I would like to know is more about the man accused of the crime. Where is the information about his family, his life, and what items were taken from his home? He is who we should examine.

Please do NOT take this the wrong way because it is only an off the cuff comment and from my experience only but I know you mentioned that your daughters were 'PREPPY TYPES' as opposed to the more head banging alternative types like Emma and that because of this you never had any problems with them etc and I AM SURE THAT IS TRUE but I just HAVE to say that growing up I was pretty much a rebel myself and not really what you would call preppy but I do know when we wanted girls that would 'put out' or to get drugs or whatever, the preppy girls, and guys for that matter, was where it was at, those preppy kids who attend private schools and academies and wear all those fancy looking clothes are some of the hardest partying drug using and sexually promiscuis crowds I have ever known, perhaps its different in your area but in NY and Arizona and Seattle and Oregon and Boston which is where I have spent most of my time, the preppys dressed and acted nice but when they werent around mummy and daddy they were AS WILD AS THEY COME. No ****!

I am pretty much with DM on raising kids, I do give the young teen some freedom, he is 13 now but he gets ZERO unlimited access on the net and there are no exceptions to that, there are also no video games in our home and he is not allowed to sleep over with girls nor would I allow a girl to sleep over with him, when he is 16 I will let him drive and cut the leash a LITTLE MORE but he is expected to bring home at least a B average or his free time is seriously limited, he plays football and golf and baseball and keeps active in sports which he and I both love, we also work on cars together and rebuild old 60s mustangs together as a hobby, but I seriously limit his access to things like the internet and music concerts etc, I was 14 once too and I know what sort of trouble you can get in to very quickly with the wrong crowd. I am not a dictator and the boy is happy and has a good life but I want him to be a KID and not have to grow up too fast like I did and be faced with all the crap in the world but I do make sure he isnt sheltered to the point that when he does get out in the world he wont know what to do. We have taken several trips around our city and other cities and I have taken him to the worst parts with crack houses all around and we walked those areas at night and I showed him what that life is all about, I then took him to the nice areas of town and showed him the finer things in life and I made it clear to him that the CHOICE IS HIS which life he will lead, if he works hard and stays determined he can achieve whatever he wants.

Ahh, ok. I see what you mean paximus. Yes, symbols like those often do not change meaning. I just feel that you guys over over estimating what is behind CHI, they really have no influence at the university. Thanks for clarifying those things. I find things like the bilderberg group very interesting, its just that CHI is a poor example of a non-secret society, much less a secret one. :)

...again just like in my response to pink's comment,this reminds me so much of when I "jumped" into the thread...I felt like SKR was being overestimated...I used the same argument...it's just entertainment,there's no meaning to it,Sam acted on his own....I was proven wrong in a way because it turns out sick knows exatcly what he's talking about and he's taking it very serious....as far as if that has anything to do with the murders I still don't think so but I'm more open to discuss it now....so you might think CHI has not much of a meaning anymore...but there might be people within chI that know the meaning very well and take it very serious....does it have anything to to do with the murders?....I think most of us,including me,are pressuming Sam is guilty and that's not something we should do...so until more evidence is released anything is possible and anything could be explored imo....

This paragraph captures the magic of this thread, I think. Even though many of the connections being made and directions being taken may not bear fruit, or not bear fruit that is recognized or understood (yet or completely), the process itself and those different connections are worth experiencing intellectually and spiritually. I swear I can feel my mind growing or opening up as I consider some of the ideas that have been tossed around here.

exactly what you and angel are saying is exactly what i feel now...

One more quick thing: a friend of mine who is CHI is black. Im not sure he would like it if you called him a "southern white kid parading around with a bag over his head." You are obviously an intelegent person, PLEASE try not to act like this.

Forgive me if there are grammical mistakes, im in a hurry!

I'm sorry,but this reminds me so much of the "token"black friend thing I hear people in the states talk about all the time when they try to defend not being racsist.I lived here for 20 years(in tx,but I doubt va is much different)
I lived in a black neighborhood for 10 years and 10 years in a white working class and mostly hispanic neighborhood....I work however in a white neighborhood,predominantly white,republican christians and yes they are racsist and yes nobody wants to admit it and they all try to defend it with the token black friend they all have and when I point out their racism they always get OVERLY defensive,kinda like a cheating spouse or something....

Well, I understood him to be saying something a bit more than this here.

It is interesting to speculate about symbols however....

If the human race vanished today, would all of our symbols lose their meaning? Consider as a comparable example the decoding of the Rosetta stone long after its authors were dead.

Semiotics places all creation of meaning in humans, but machines can also create and manipulate symbols. Are these meaningless until someone observes them? This idea is somewhat attractive given the similar concept of the collapse of the wave function in quantum mechanics in response to measurement.

Occultist Osman Spare talks about "sentient symbols", symbols that he believed were aware, intelligent, and also independent of human thought. Weird stuff and worth checking out.

oh i think i get it,kinda like the tree that falls in the forest but noone hears it fall?....every word and every symbol only have the meaning we SEE in it,and everyone sees it different....that's why we all disagree and that's why noone is wrong or right for that matter,it's all in the eyes of the beholder and the more eyes the more possibilities and without telling each other about all these different possibilies and point of views it's just a tree that falls and noone heard it....

i meant i wanted to hear it...

I see. My bad, it's impossible to determine someones tone when reading a post online. I just took it as you was mocking me or something. My apologies.

And as far as dishing out the details of our letters, like I've said before, we don't talk about anything of much interest to you all I'm sure. I guess I do have a few things to stir up some conversation though...I found out recently that his parents won't talk to him, or won't reply to his letters, and his sister has sent him one letter asking what stuff of his she could have. I don't understand how his family could be like that, but at least he does have some people that care enough to write him. FWIW, He also has said that "Going to Farmville was the worst mistake of his life". (I don't doubt that any!) Also, something that I wasn't really gonna say, But I don't see the harm in it I guess, in the first letter I received from him he said "There's actually a chance I might get 10-20yrs, which i'm praying for...". I honestly don't see him getting off on a short term sentence like that, but then again, no telling what his lawyer has up his sleeve...?

thank you,pixy,emma is beautiful...she reminds me a lot of my little girl....and I always think of how she said in her profile "to find the glassdoll" inside...
I wished we'd know more of the glassdoll...I really,really want to know why emma rejected her mom,yes,my daughter is spoiled,yes,I'm a single mom and I feel guilty of what she had to go through when I was with her dad and during the break up,yes,I let her do whatever she wants as long as I feel she's SAFE,her hair can be any color,she can wear whatever she likes,she can post whatever she wants online and if i disagree we talk about it( for example ..this is her current myspace about me...and i'm upset telling her i agree she shouldn't care about what people think of her but she should care more about others :
"I believe, the world has come to be a terrible place. I'm not going to pressure my opinions on you, so don't do it to me. There are very few people I actually get along with & feel comfortable around, & for the rest of you, I probably don't like you at all. All I care for are my true loved ones, & myself. *advertiser censored** you, your feelings, your life... I don't live to please you. Unlike most other kids, I am unexplainably sincere when I say I do not care what people think of me. The End. )

...and it seems like it was a lot like that with emma,but then i wonder,...my daughter does not reject me.....did emma maybe "act out" because she felt she did not get the attention she needed?.....did she scream out to her mom to tend to the glassdoll and to protect the glassdoll?...or was she the spoiled kid I thought she was?....for those who knew debra,how did debra parent?...did she spoil emma?...or was she so involved in her work that she did not pay too much attention to her?

Please do NOT take this the wrong way because it is only an off the cuff comment and from my experience only but I know you mentioned that your daughters were 'PREPPY TYPES' as opposed to the more head banging alternative types like Emma and that because of this you never had any problems with them etc and I AM SURE THAT IS TRUE but I just HAVE to say that growing up I was pretty much a rebel myself and not really what you would call preppy but I do know when we wanted girls that would 'put out' or to get drugs or whatever, the preppy girls, and guys for that matter, was where it was at, those preppy kids who attend private schools and academies and wear all those fancy looking clothes are some of the hardest partying drug using and sexually promiscuis crowds I have ever known, perhaps its different in your area but in NY and Arizona and Seattle and Oregon and Boston which is where I have spent most of my time, the preppys dressed and acted nice but when they werent around mummy and daddy they were AS WILD AS THEY COME. No ****!

I hung out in college my first go round with dead heads, punks, and just plain weirdos(uhm, that would be me actually). A wide range of drugs were pretty abundant and that actually had a lot to do with me dropping out of school.

When I left, I moved to where I live now and I got a job working with a very conservative looking bunch. We were required to wear khakis and polo shirts and I just sucked it up because I needed a job. Not long after, I discovered that about half of my co-workers were gay or lesbian, including several people I would never have guessed (I'm not so blind anymore), and they were the hardest parting bunch I've ever encountered in my life.

It was not unusual for us to start hitting the local bars around 5 p.m. and because they knew and introduced me to all of the local bartenders, we paid very minimal bar tabs and we would stay after closing and often wouldn't leave until 4 a.m. or later. Our working day started painfully again around 8 a.m. and we would start the cycle all over again.

I couldn't do it anymore, but I had an absolute blast at some of the best parties I've ever been to and I had my eyes opened to a lot of society's secrets that way. That and working for a year as the only white kid in an otherwise all black crew have been two of the most paradigm shifting experiences in my life. By no means are all preppy kids like that any more than generalizations are true of any groups of people. Looks can be very deceiving though.

I hung out in college my first go round with dead heads, punks, and just plain weirdos(uhm, that would be me actually). A wide range of drugs were pretty abundant and that actually had a lot to do with me dropping out of school.

When I left, I moved to where I live now and I got a job working with a very conservative looking bunch. We were required to wear khakis and polo shirts and I just sucked it up because I needed a job. Not long after, I discovered that about half of my co-workers were gay or lesbian, including several people I would never have guessed (I'm not so blind anymore), and they were the hardest parting bunch I've ever encountered in my life.

It was not unusual for us to start hitting the local bars around 5 p.m. and because they knew and introduced me to all of the local bartenders, we paid very minimal bar tabs and we would stay after closing and often wouldn't leave until 4 a.m. or later. Our working day started painfully again around 8 a.m. and we would start the cycle all over again.

I couldn't do it anymore, but I had an absolute blast at some of the best parties I've ever been to and I had my eyes opened to a lot of society's secrets that way. That and working for a year as the only white kid in an otherwise all black crew have been two of the most paradigm shifting experiences in my life. By no means are all preppy kids like that any more than generalizations are true of any groups of people. Looks can be very deceiving though.

LOL I always enjoy your stories man. And absolutely agree I try not to sterotype or generalize too much but I did see that a lot of the preppy types I knew were pretty hard core when nobody was looking and the girls in spite of their public image which they went to great lengths to protect were actually pretty sexually promiscuis, but you are right they are not all that way any more than all headbangers are strung out druggies, I know some pretty hard core headbanger types with full body tats the whole 9 yards who are intelligent creative and hold well paying professional jobs.

Hell look at Tiger Woods,, I follow golf and have been a fan of his for years and while I DIDNT FALL for this idea that everyone had that he was "SQUEAKY CLEAN" (nobody is such a thing) I certainly did think he was at least a decent family man and couldnt have imagined him in vegas swigging vodka popping ambein and sleeping with all sorts of high paid hookers and unprotected sex to boot according to all reports, I knew he wasnt perfect but this was all sort of something of a surprise to me on some level, the extent of it at least and I am sure its even a lot more than what we know so far LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl