VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! Sorry for my leave of absence. I won't go into detail of why I strayed away because it's not really relevant anyways, but I'm back now...Found something I thought might be of interest to yall :woohoo:

A friend of mine informed me about a future Law & Order episode to be based off of the Farmville murders. After doing some searching I came across this:

"Law & Order “Steel-Eyed Death” Air Date Date Tentative: Monday 3/1/2010
When a family of four is found murdered in their home, Detectives Cyrus Lupo(Jeremy Sisto) and Kevin Bernard (Anthony Anderson) discover that the deaths may be related to the deceased teenage daughters troubled friend, Bonnie."

KidCrusher (horrorcore artist) mentioned in a blog that a music video of his is going to be featured in the episode when detectives research about a suspect attending a horrorcore festival.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=51782534&blogId=526511569

...Looks like I know what I'll be doing the evening of March, 1st. :crazy:

I didn't see any evidence of a second profile, but could Emma have had two? Sam had several. Could there have been an Emma profile and another Ragdoll profile?

If I recall correctly, in one of the search warrants (the one that had the myspace account IDs on it), Emma did have two profiles.

Hey all! Sorry for my leave of absence. I won't go into detail of why I strayed away because it's not really relevant anyways, but I'm back now...Found something I thought might be of interest to yall :woohoo:

A friend of mine informed me about a future Law & Order episode to be based off of the Farmville murders. After doing some searching I came across this:

When a family of four is found murdered in their home, Detectives Cyrus Lupo(Jeremy Sisto) and Kevin Bernard (Anthony Anderson) discover that the deaths may be related to the deceased teenage daughters troubled friend, Bonnie."

KidCrusher (horrorcore artist) mentioned in a blog that a music video of his is going to be featured in the episode when detectives research about a suspect attending a horrorcore festival.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=51782534&blogId=526511569

If I recall correctly, in one of the search warrants (the one that had the myspace account IDs on it), Emma did have two profiles.

You better get back here we miss you!

I like Law And Order and always try and guess which episode was based on what real life crime as almost all of them are. Thats cool, will watch.

See Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Four People Murdered in VA College Town #3

"One of the primary methods of communication between McCroskey (6231535, 493813426,358445616) and Niederbrock (188621589.268809796) was through their MySpace accounts. Another victim in this incident, Melanie Wells, also maintained a MySpace account (30487437). Various friends and associates of both the suspect and victims (99021159, 91886418, 66454962, 475724998,6749454, 64907055) have been posting information on their MySpace pages concerning the relationship between McCroskey and Niederbrock. the attendance of a concert in Michigan by the suspect and the victims, how and when the suspect and victims met, the last contact these friends had with the victims."

So yes Emma had more than one MySpace page as did McCroskey.

I was thinking about how some are uncomfortable with Sam reading the Dexter books, and I'd like to know what sort of reading list any of you might suggest for him.

Don't worry--I'm not sending him all these books. It's just very, very interesting to me though that when a friend of Mary's sent him the Dexter books, people reacted so negatively. People who have made the point that "the music isn't to blame."

So what books would you think were good to send to him? And keep to books that he might actually read. So like probably not the Bible right off, y'gno wha'm sayin'?

p.s. I have actually already made my own suggestion, but I'll say after others have given opinions.

I was thinking about how some are uncomfortable with Sam reading the Dexter books, and I'd like to know what sort of reading list any of you might suggest for him.

Don't worry--I'm not sending him all these books. It's just very, very interesting to me though that when a friend of Mary's sent him the Dexter books, people reacted so negatively. People who have made the point that "the music isn't to blame."

So what books would you think were good to send to him? And keep to books that he might actually read. So like probably not the Bible right off, y'gno wha'm sayin'?

p.s. I have actually already made my own suggestion, but I'll say after others have given opinions.

To me, it's the fact that it sort of a mockery. I mean I surly don't think the music made him do it...but I also dont see it as kosher (hopefully to anyone) to "rap" about that kind of thing again. I dont' know to be honest Tapu...just really bothered me that's what he's reading :( but i understand as well because i love crime novels, so while i'm uneasy, I think he should be allowed any book he wants. Does that even make sense??

*advertiser censored*?

Seriously though, my all time favorite book is the Art of Peace by O-Sensei, Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of Aikido.

Some samples:

1:"The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task in the Art of Peace. Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here for no other purpose than to realize your inner divinity and manifest your innate enlightenment. Foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art to all that you encounter."

2:"One does not need buildings, money, power, or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train."

23: "The Art of Peace is not easy. It is a fight to the finish, the slaying of evil desires and all falsehood within. On occasion the Voice of Peace resounds like thunder, jolting human beings out of their stupor."

25:"To practice properly the Art of Peace, you must:

- Calm the spirit and return to the source.
- Cleanse the body and spirit by removing all malice, selfishness, and desire.
- Be ever-grateful for the gifts received from the universe, your family, Mother Nature, and your fellow human beings."

It is online in its entirety here: http://omlc.ogi.edu/aikido/talk/osensei/artofpeace/ but I assume he doesn't have Internet access.

Also Pema Chodron's Places That Scare You which I've given to several people.

Amazon.com: The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times (9781570624094): Pema Chödrön: Books

As far as the Dexter books, I have to say that I'd also think a psychologist might tell him to stay away from horrorcore music and horror movies as well as these books. But I don't think that people who are accused of crimes should be denied access to legal media while in jail. In the end I have to favor his freedom to read over any emotional reaction.

ETA: I've given that book to someone that was terminally ill, someone that was undergoing ECT and someone that suffers from chronic pain and illness. I think it would also be useful for someone in prison. FWIW.

To me, it's the fact that it sort of a mockery. I mean I surly don't think the music made him do it...but I also dont see it as kosher (hopefully to anyone) to "rap" about that kind of thing again. I dont' know to be honest Tapu...just really bothered me that's what he's reading :( but i understand as well because i love crime novels, so while i'm uneasy, I think he should be allowed any book he wants. Does that even make sense??

Of course it makes sense, if only because one of the things that makes the whole matter so interesting is how ambiguous our feelings seem to be. I am someone who, I thought, would never have censored books for any adult, but when confronted with the situation under discussion, and not only that, but say for bomb-making how-to books, etc., it's a tougher call than I would have believed.

That issue fascinates me. As a separate consideration, I'd also like to hear what people think would a "good book" for a prisoner like Sam.

Black Muslim literature.

Amazon.com: Get a Life That Doesn't Suck: 10 Surefire Ways to Live Life and Love the Ride (9781594867989): Michelle DeAngelis: Books

Again the info below contains a spoiler so if you want to watch this episode of Law and Order, apparently based on this crime, do not read this if you do not want to know some of the plot.

[BONNIE] 17 years old, a runaway, originally from Minnesota. Now in Manhattan, she has hooked up with Justin Katz and is now a “juggalette”. They are fans of horror core rap music – it’s all about blood-and-guts violence and hate. He’s turned her on to the music and the lifestyle and ultimately to real acts of horrible violence. She stands by and watches as he murders an entire family. She and Justin are finally caught by police and are brought to trial. She claims to have amnesia and her lawyer claims that a serious head injury is responsible for her violent behavior. LEAD

[JUSTIN KATZ] 19 years old. A “juggalo” – a fan of horror core rap music, violence and hate. At concerts they paint their faces like scary clowns. Recently he has upped his game and has graduated to committing violent, gory crime himself. He is charged with murder and is brought to trial. His lawyer claims that he has post traumatic stress and is is desensitized to violence – all a result of 9/11 and the ensuing war.THREE SCENES

The above was excperted from:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/law-and-order-steel-eyed-death-casting.html

Oh yea I just thought it was interesting that Alito actually reacted, you dont see that often, the rest of them were statues.

I'm glad he reacted; just wish Ruth could hold her own head up, geesh. It was a bit uncomfortable yes.

No I don't think so. The lyrics weren't on the web until recently and well after the murders. However, they could have searched Emma's MySpace friends to find him and his music I believe. Then they'd have to listen to the songs...

....then again they could have clicked on any one of Emma's friends and found similar profiles....I keep thinking back that someone said they let another guy that she knew through myspace stay there before,I don't remember where I heard that though....I think it would be really interesting to hear information from that guy(whoever he is) in regards to how Emma's parents treated him while he was there.Were they inquisitive,did they try to "preach" to him....I really wished we could find out who this guy was..

Again the info below contains a spoiler so if you want to watch this episode of Law and Order, apparently based on this crime, do not read this if you do not want to know some of the plot.

[BONNIE] 17 years old, a runaway, originally from Minnesota. Now in Manhattan, she has hooked up with Justin Katz and is now a “juggalette”. They are fans of horror core rap music – it’s all about blood-and-guts violence and hate. He’s turned her on to the music and the lifestyle and ultimately to real acts of horrible violence. She stands by and watches as he murders an entire family. She and Justin are finally caught by police and are brought to trial. She claims to have amnesia and her lawyer claims that a serious head injury is responsible for her violent behavior. LEAD

[JUSTIN KATZ] 19 years old. A “juggalo” – a fan of horror core rap music, violence and hate. At concerts they paint their faces like scary clowns. Recently he has upped his game and has graduated to committing violent, gory crime himself. He is charged with murder and is brought to trial. His lawyer claims that he has post traumatic stress and is is desensitized to violence – all a result of 9/11 and the ensuing war.THREE SCENES

The above was excperted from:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/law-and-order-steel-eyed-death-casting.html

[SYLVIA STRAIN] late 30s, “still clinging to the Goth look”, she works at Gothic bookshop. Detectives believe the murder suspect may have been a regular customer and they have some questions.

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/law-and-order-steel-eyed-death-casting.html#ixzz0e32U8ZdT

A big opening for Razakel to launch her acting career?

(But no mention of who gets the writing credit?!)

....then again they could have clicked on any one of Emma's friends and found similar profiles....I keep thinking back that someone said they let another guy that she knew through myspace stay there before,I don't remember where I heard that though....I think it would be really interesting to hear information from that guy(whoever he is) in regards to how Emma's parents treated him while he was there.Were they inquisitive,did they try to "preach" to him....I really wished we could find out who this guy was..

Even if she had a well crafted fake MySpace presence, knowing some of her interests would lead you to the SKR pages, Unholy Apostles, etc. But again this assumes the parents are savvy enough to go to Google and MySpace search and type in those three letters.

I don't understand why any parent would have to be 'savvy" to find stuff out about their kid.If I would decide that some guy from another state would be able to stay with my kid for a period of time (not that I would ever decide that) the least thing I would do is talk to the kid before he comes over ,talk to his parents most of all,get to know him...

I don't understand why any parent would have to be 'savvy" to find stuff out about their kid.If I would decide that some guy from another state would be able to stay with my kid for a period of time (not that I would ever decide that) the least thing I would do is talk to the kid before he comes over ,talk to his parents most of all,get to know him...

I understand what you are saying of course...

I was just talking about Internet savvy. It isn't that hard to fool people on the Internet that don't think to look a bit deeper. Consider for example that this is the entire basis of phishing scams which trick people into entering passwords and other private data.

You'd be surprised how many people (including senior executives at technology companies) just don't think to type a simple search phrase into Google to learn something. And when you get into doing multiple or indirect searches, as in the case of exploring someone's hidden friends list, my experience is that the number of people that even think of doing this is very small. That's cool with me because it means I sometimes get paid to do it for them. ;)

I understand what you are saying of course...

I was just talking about Internet savvy. It isn't that hard to fool people on the Internet that don't think to look a bit deeper. Consider for example that this is the entire basis of phishing scams which trick people into entering passwords and other private data.

You'd be surprised how many people (including senior executives at technology companies) just don't think to type a simple search phrase into Google to learn something. And when you get into doing multiple or indirect searches, as in the case of exploring someone's hidden friends list, my experience is that the number of people that even think of doing this is very small. That's cool with me because it means I sometimes get paid to do it for them. ;)

Quite often my boss is amazed at the information I can locate on the internet. Our business is entirely online, you would think Google would be within their grasp.

Now, Pax ... you naughty boy, you! You said you wouldn't stray from those who understand and love you, and yet you were posting on Morgan's thread again today. Shame-y, shame-y! You be good, hear?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2