Found Deceased VA - Emma Compton Layne, 52, Cody, 17 June 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“Emma was a ball of sunshine,” said Shawna Krohn, Emma Layne’s sister. “She wasn’t perfect. None of us are, but she had a good heart. She helped anybody and everybody she could.”
1700927489484.jpeg
“I’m very, very disappointed. I think the ball got dropped. I don’t know whose court it’s in, but I wish somebody would pick it up and get to work on this because there’s a murderer running loose in Halifax County. Everybody should be concerned about that. We’ve got a small, teeny petite woman that was brutally murdered, and nobody’s doing anything. It doesn’t make sense to me,” added Phelps.

“I would like for them to get on it. They know who killed her. Everybody knows who murdered Emma. I don’t get why he’s still sitting there,” said Phelps.

“I’m sorry that it’s taking me so long to get you justice, but I gave you my word June 23, 2017 that I will get you justice. I’m not giving up on you, my baby girl. I’m not giving up. I want them to arrest him. I know he murdered my baby sister,” said Krohn.

Emma’s sister says she plans to hold a vigil at the beginning of next year and a put up a billboard in March for her birthday.

JUN 17, 2024
It’s been seven years since Emma Compton Layne was last seen alive just miles from her northern Halifax County home.

[...]

Although Layne’s body was eventually found, her death remains unsolved. For that reason, The Aware Foundation, Inc., which seeks justice for families of missing and murdered loved ones, held a rally “Justice for Emma” at the Country Express store in Nathalie Saturday afternoon. Several in attendance stood at the side of U.S. 501 holding up posters with “Justice for Emma” written on them.

[...]

Layne’s older sister Shawna Krohn, who made the long drive from her Mississippi home to attend Saturday’s rally, vowed never to rest until the person responsible for Layne’s death is brought to justice.

[...]

My two theories on Emma's homicide:

1) Someone VERY close to home did this, backed up by her being wrapped in a sleeping bag and buried very close to property she and her husband owned.

2) An irate or deranged store customer killed her; if this is true, why didn't cameras at her store pick up anything? And why did the killer bother to transport the body only a few miles away and bury her in a shallow grave?

My two theories on Emma's homicide:

1) Someone VERY close to home did this, backed up by her being wrapped in a sleeping bag and buried very close to property she and her husband owned.

2) An irate or deranged store customer killed her; if this is true, why didn't cameras at her store pick up anything? And why did the killer bother to transport the body only a few miles away and bury her in a shallow grave?
Are we sure there were cameras at this remote country store?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeLuvr_89
Back