VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware of this site as a source. The only case I looked at had inaccurate information. The unidentified male who was found in Atlanta, Georgia on July 20, 1995 had nothing to do with the Grateful Dead. The Dead had stopped touring 11 days prior to that accident.

That is actually Todd Matthews (NamUs) site. This is how we have him written up on Never Forget Me
Grateful dead fan # 2-July 20, 1995-Atlanta,GA.
It has been brought to our attention that there was no Grateful Dead concert in Atlanta that night. There was actually a baseball game there, Braves Vs. Pirates. We apologize about the error, we depend on the information in the person unidentified profile to be accurate. That is actually an important detail someone looking for someone who went missing after a baseball game, might have overlooked this man because of how he is listed. Jerry Garcia did perform that night with Kyuss, which might be what created the confusion.

That is actually Todd Matthews (NamUs) site. This is how we have him written up on Never Forget Me
Grateful dead fan # 2-July 20, 1995-Atlanta,GA.

The only problem with that is it somehow makes it seem like the death might be related to the baseball game. But Fulton County Stadium was a full 9 miles away from I-75, the reported scene of the accident. It is more likely this man was leaving the Lakewood Amphitheatre (now Aarons Amphitheatre) following a concert by the band Kyuss. The amphitheatre is only 1 mile from I-75. And the lead singer for the band Kyuss was John Garcia, a name which could have easily been mistaken for the Dead's Jerry Garcia.

Is there a forum for this man here on WS? This is off-topic for this thread but I would still like to continue discussing it.

The only problem with that is it somehow makes it seem like the death might be related to the baseball game. But Fulton County Stadium was a full 9 miles away from I-75, the reported scene of the accident. It is more likely this man was leaving the Lakewood Amphitheatre (now Aarons Amphitheatre) following a concert by the band Kyuss. The amphitheatre is only 1 mile from I-75. And the lead singer for the band Kyuss was John Garcia, a name which could have easily been mistaken for the Dead's Jerry Garcia.

Is there a forum for this man here on WS? This is off-topic for this thread but I would still like to continue discussing it.
The thread is in the main Unidentified forum.

GA - Atlanta WhtMale 178UMGA, 20-30, Grateful Dead Fan w/Dragon Tattoo, Jul'95

This also may be a very long shot in the dark, but I was browsing through my Sirius/XM channels the other day and noticed there was a Grateful Dead Channel now. I'm pretty sure most all of the channels have FB pages associated to it. Has anyone thought to post there, just in case? Maybe one of the dj's will see it and say something on the air.

I've been a lurker on this page now for about 2 weeks and am so impressed by how you guys have really put this GD's name back in the spotlight and hopefully his family will be able to get some closure if this pans out. Big time kudos to all of you for your hard work and diligence!

This also may be a very long shot in the dark, but I was browsing through my Sirius/XM channels the other day and noticed there was a Grateful Dead Channel now. I'm pretty sure most all of the channels have FB pages associated to it. Has anyone thought to post there, just in case? Maybe one of the dj's will see it and say something on the air.

I've been a lurker on this page now for about 2 weeks and am so impressed by how you guys have really put this GD's name back in the spotlight and hopefully his family will be able to get some closure if this pans out. Big time kudos to all of you for your hard work and diligence!

Great idea
I posted on their page

JamON is another Sirius/XM channel worth contacting. That's the station for jam bands like the Dead, Phish, et al.

Is like someone else to do it, I just posted on several pages and I don't want to get reported as a spammer!

May I ask what type of post are you looking to do? We know that the Jason from SC that was found is the Illinois Jay/Jason. It very well could take 3+ months before anyone knows anything like Cali's case. The sisters DNA was rushed to UNT 9/29; it was finally showing on NamUs as processed yesterday. The one on one comparison has not been finished; but Cali's case is a murder investigation. It did not take this long for Helen Green to be compared to Lori Kennedy (FLEK) nor to Cali nor did it take as long for Linette Miller's DNA to be processed/ compared to Cali (2 months)...

Please remember that this is not easy for the families. I worked very closely with Linette's sister; it was a nightmare of stress; to add to it; there was 2 FB pages claiming the match. Nothing is final until the DNA says so. I know there are 2 articles out there; I have no clue how this Jason's mom feels about any of it. I had reached out on social media but she had not answered my PM. As an advocate, my main concern is always for the family as they process this new nightmare of stressing if their child is deceased.

People never cease to amaze. Robbery is more important than missing person case? Okay.

People never cease to amaze. Robbery is more important that missing person case? Okay.

She's ignorant as S. Cold case is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from the robbery division. Trying to investigate whether Grateful is JC will use zero resources from the other divisions..

Absolutely true. The callousness to put that out there is astounding.

Trying to wrap my head around someone waiting twenty years to report someone missing. I am sure there are plenty of reasons.

Trying to wrap my head around someone waiting twenty years to report someone missing. I am sure there are plenty of reasons.

There was someone on WS who had a strained relationship with a sibling and they gave the reason that they would never report that sibling missing because they just didn't want that sibling showing up on their porch to confront them.

There was someone on WS who had a strained relationship with a sibling and they gave the reason that they would never report that sibling missing because they just didn't want that sibling showing up on their porch to confront them.

Also, family may have moved forward with their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member