VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where in South Carolina the driver lived? reason being for him to cut across on route 58 is actually a detour to most SC destinations. It would have been more direct to have continued on the 95 to about 80% of the locations in SC.

Hence its possible if he made a detour it may have been to give Jason a drop off closer to his final destination.

EDIT: Sifting through pages I see someone mentions he lived in Inman, SC which makes sense, but the below reasoning still applies.

Another thing that haunts me about all of this is why he went route 95 at Petersburg instead of route 85. Doesn't really make practical sense driving wise how ever you look at it.

Route 58 is back tracking. Why would one go route 58?

EDIT: Sorry for the waste of time, I now understand where Gloucester is and it makes complete sense now as they would have come in from the east, please disregard.

The identified driver apparently fell asleep at the wheel on his way back to South Carolina

LE arent even sure this is the case. Would this leave open the possibility that something more sinister was happening?

Does anyone know where in South Carolina the driver lived? reason being for him to cut across on route 58 is actually a detour to most SC destinations. It would have been more direct to have continued on the 95 to about 80% of the locations in SC.

Hence its possible if he made a detour it may have been to give Jason a drop off closer to his final destination.

EDIT: Sifting through pages I see someone mentions he lived in Inman, SC which makes sense, but the below reasoning still applies.

Another thing that haunts me about all of this is why he went route 95 at Petersburg instead of route 85. Doesn't really make practical sense driving wise how ever you look at it.

EDIT: Sorry for the waste of time, I now understand where Gloucester is and it makes complete sense now as they would have come in from the east, please disregard.

LE arent even sure this is the case. Would this leave open the possibility that something more sinister was happening?
Given that both Jason and the driver did not have a criminal record, it's unlikely that either one of them tried to do something to each other. No weapons were found, the steering wheel only had the driver's prints (so no carjacking) on it and Jason had no valuable.
Maybe the driver took Jason to his destination but his ride left with him and his stuff so the driver offered to take him back to his place and then the accident happened.

Interesting. I have followed this case for awhile now. I think I have read almost everything, but I don't recall reading any other accident scenarios.

Possible they were both murdered??? Set up?

What if they were related? Like brothers, and the family doesn't want the drivers reputation questioned so they made this whole story up.

The family would most likely remain silent. Perhaps, a huge family secret? Creepy. This whole story just creeps me out, but intriques me at he same time.

BLAIS, Kenneth Gilbert Joseph--- Ontario

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2009004699&id=1

Missing Since September 14, 1994
Year of Birth 1967
Age at Disappearance 27
Gender Male
Bio Group White
Eye Colour Brown
Hair Brown , Shoulder , Curly , dark; Beard, Moustache
Teeth Full Teeth
Height 170cm / 66 inches
Weight 63kg / 139lb
Build Slender/Thin

On September 14, 1994 Kenneth Blais 27 years of age had an argument with his mother. He left his residence at 278 Levesque Street Sturgeon Falls, Ontario saying he was going to meet up with his father. The family assumed that Kenneth went to the Ottawa region. Ken never met up with his father and is still missing.

A good possible except it says a tattoo of cross done by hand (possible that it was a star?)..same location as UID...and age a little higher

Classito

Looks like Kenneth Gilbert Blais has already been ruled out on the Canadian side..
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9727705

"From the investigating officer ... "Just a quick note to advise that DNA samples were checked and came back negative for a match. Unfortunately, Kenneth Blais remains a missing person at this time. Thank you for your assistance."

Classito

Just watched a rerun of Cold case se01 episode 14. It was fiction about a boy who was found in a box in the 1950's(sounds like a real life case to me). Anyway in this story the boy in the box was unidentified and no family ever reported a boy missing. The story reminded me a bit about this case. Anyway turned out the boy was from an orphanage. In this story tho there was a bit of skulduggery going on.

But the basis of the case would certainly offer an explanation of why no one came forward in Jason's case.

Just a thought.

Im from New Zealand sorry so have no knowledge of history or geography in the States. But I was reading on wikipedia that the Chesapeake Bay Bridge–Tunnel was originally built "North Bound" in 1964 then it was built "South Bound" in 1999. Did that mean traffic was only one way until 1999 or am I reading it wrong? Thanks in advance.

Just watched a rerun of Cold case se01 episode 14. It was fiction about a boy who was found in a box in the 1950's(sounds like a real life case to me). Anyway in this story the boy in the box was unidentified and no family ever reported a boy missing. The story reminded me a bit about this case. Anyway turned out the boy was from an orphanage. In this story tho there was a bit of skulduggery going on.

But the basis of the case would certainly offer an explanation of why no one came forward in Jason's case.

Just a thought.

Sounds like this real-life case to me! Thread here on Ws..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57128&highlight=boy+box

Im from New Zealand sorry so have no knowledge of history or geography in the States. But I was reading on wikipedia that the Chesapeake Bay Bridge–Tunnel was originally built "North Bound" in 1964 then it was built "South Bound" in 1999. Did that mean traffic was only one way until 1999 or am I reading it wrong? Thanks in advance.

Amazing bridge/tunnel but scary as all get out...It was opened originally for traffic both north and south in 64...there was two tunnels...now there is 4...two for northbound two for southbound...the tunnels are still two lane...the bridges are now 4 lanes....

Classito

In a July 1996 article in The Free Lance-Star, a Virginia newspaper, a neighbor of Hager's father had reported seeing a young man with Hager when he stopped at his father's house. Jones said the report is incorrect.

"When he stopped at his father's house, he was alone," Jones said. "The theory is that the passenger was a hitchhiker [Hager] likely picked up between Gloucester and Emporia."

It still doesn't make sense that he was hitch hiking that far away from the direct root of coming down the 95 when clearly his destination was south west somewhere.

Raincloud,

The accident site is quite close to 95. Hager could have picked him up on 95, 64, 60, 460, 295, 58, or 264, all of which are very heavily traveled roads, after leaving southern Gloucester county. Of those routes, only 264 isn't directly connected to 95.

My current thought is that JD hitched down 95 and was let off just south of either Petersburg or Hopewell and then met Hager in the same area.

That leads me to believe that the last person to give him a ride before Hager was from the Tri-Cities area or somewhere between Petersburg and Suffolk.

It still doesn't make sense that he was hitch hiking that far away from the direct root of coming down the 95 when clearly his destination was south west somewhere.

more recently a huffington post article, in which the author of the article interviews someone from le with knowledge of the case, indicates the 1996 article was incorrect and no neighbor saw him with the driver at the driver's father's house.

Raincloud,

The accident site is quite close to 95. Hager could have picked him up on 95, 64, 60, 460, 295, 58, or 264, all of which are very heavily traveled roads, after leaving southern Gloucester county. Of those routes, only 264 isn't directly connected to 95.

My current thought is that JD hitched down 95 and was let off just south of either Petersburg or Hopewell and then met Hager in the same area.

That leads me to believe that the last person to give him a ride before Hager was from the Tri-Cities area or somewhere between Petersburg and Suffolk.

Yes true. Also the drivers (Hager) most direct route from gloucester to his destination in SC is via the 58. Jason coming from the concert wouldve likely gone straight down the 95 like you said. So does that mean he was picked up at Emporia as that would be the likely cross road of there paths?

I know if i were hitch hiking the same journey as Jason I wouldnt accept a ride going through gloucester/chesapeake tunnel direction when clearly Im heading Southwest.

Somethings not right.

Also, its about approximately a 3 hour drive from the concert to where they crashed, not taking into consideration how long it takes to thumb a ride.

Has anyone ready the approximate time of the crash?

Also does anyone know about what time the concert would have finished at?

Also, home job tattoos back in 95 indicates a rebellious nature(speaking from experience) so this elevates the chance Jason was estranged from his family and lack of communication was probably already accepted. High chance he was a free spirit wandering. Think ill hang it up and see what tomorrow brings.

The concert would have ended by midnight. The accident occurred mid-afternoon the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member