VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a totally unrelated note-- when I am really drunk I usually have to pee. A lot. I wonder if there is anywhere that she stopped to use the restroom? And.. this is stretching it, but TWICE (sober) my phone has fallen out of my back pocket when I went to use the restroom (edited to clarify--- INTO the toilet) and of course it was ruined immediately. Just a thought.

Really good point about the peeing. I am embarrassed to say that there have been times that I have peed in very bizarre places... and yes, she could easily have dropped her phone IN a toilet or wherever. Wonder if she is behind a building, or in some slightly wooded area off the beaten path. Poor girl, hope she is found soon.

Hi LoveVA,

I am from Farmville, another college town (Longwood University for those who don't know). I have seen this happen MANY times and have "rescued" a few of these girls and gotten them home safely. Lots of rapes, reported and unreported here. My husband works in off-campus housing and we know how crazy it gets on weekend nights. Like you say, but by the grace of God many make it safely to Monday morning. When they're this drunk, they don't think ahead and often have NO CLUE where they are in a strange town.

You know, looking at the map closer and having been in that area before, there are A LOT of places she could have fallen/passed out/slept that would leave her concealed: a recessed stairway in the back of an old building, a rocky/treed steep bank next going down to the railroad, around or in a large garbage container, in the back of a roll top truck, etc. But what strikes me, is with the number of people in and around the area and if she passed away, there would be a very bad smell that should have been picked up at least by Sunday afternoon... today is Wednesday..... 3-1/2 days later and still no sign. I am leaning toward her running to catch a ride with someone because she realized how lost she was at Downtown Mall which is now miles away from her apartment.

Justice101, yes, many little nooks and crannies, but I'm not thinking of any place too treacherous, steep or hidden that would keep her from searchers. I sincerely hope she is found soon.

A street worker? In white sneakers? And pants? I doubt any night dwellers would confuse her for a sex worker. That outfit is pretty standard college kid attire and looks as athletic as it does "sexy"

It's the style. It's the fashion. Would I wear it? No. But I suspect she wouldn't be caught wearing the things I thought were cute at her age.

Just a side note, "street walkers" wear all kids of outfits. In my old neighborhood ladies would work in sweatpants and a t-shirt. When the end product is the same, often times is doesn't matter how it's, um, wrapped.

I obviously do not think she was affiliated with that at all or would have necessarily been mistaken for one, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Sounds like somebody took advantage of a situation .. In my opinion, it feels like she ha a specific destination but combined with drinking, late at night (maybe she was tired, too) she got turned around or confused. Or whoever she met at her destination knows what happened. Could be anything from she passed out, hit her head, friend(s) get scared to stranger abduction. Either way I hope she is ok. She was just having fun on a typical college Saturday night. Sometimes it makes me sad to think women need to be so incredibly careful . Hope there's a happy ending here.

Looking at streetview pictures of the Water Street Garage, I can plainly see surveillance cameras inside the building. I hope that offers some assistance if she actually entered the garage with someone she thought was being helpful and offering her a ride back to her apartment. I'm heartened to see that.

So in looking at the map and the time stamps provided by the dailymail.co.uk, , she could have potentially been where she says she was (text message). She was seen (via surveillance video) at the downtown mall at 1:00. The text message was sent at 1:20. The distance between the downtown outdoor mall and 14th St/Wertland St was a 1/2 mile away. With her long legs and athleticism, she could have traveled half a mile in 20 minutes.

So in looking at the map and the time stamps provided by the dailymail.co.uk, , she could have potentially been where she says she was (text message). She was seen (via surveillance video) at the downtown mall at 1:00. The text message was sent at 1:20. The distance between the downtown outdoor mall and 14th St/Wertland St was a 1/2 mile away. With her long legs and athleticism, she could have traveled half a mile in 20 minutes.

What's weird about this though is pretty much anyone can travel half a mile in like 5-8 minutes... so what was she doing the rest of the time?

Here is a street view picture of that parking garage...garage.JPG

Looks like the Water Street Parking Garage would've closed at 1am that night. Not sure how or if a parking garage could really "close"? Maybe that's just when the attendant ends a shift? Could explain the running by the Shell if she was going to meet someone who was parked in that garage? I really have a feeling she was intent on meeting someone. No other valid reason to be trekking around the town alone, IMO. Supposedly she also had been at the party with a male earlier but did not finish out the night with him. That lends to the idea of her meeting up with someone later as well. JMO of course.

How does the time fit between mcgrady's Irish pub and the shell. Could she have been attacked in between and the run toward the mall. There was that assault logged around the time she was wondering about. MAybe she or a witness called it in. Anyone find more details on that?

It looks like the train tracks run right next to the parking garage. Any idea how often the trains run thru there?

The downtown mall and 14th and wertland is over a mile (taking the direct route), not a half mile. The Daily Mail is incorrect in that statement. She could do it, but she would have to move quickly. Especially stopping at cross streets etc.

These are mostly merchadise/container/coal trains (not people trains), so they are pretty INFREQUENT.

The green sign says Water Street Garage in the photo... but I'll take your word for it. It's been years since I have been in that area.

When was it she "broke into a run?" as the headlines assert?

At 1.20am, friends waiting at a party for the student got a text from her saying that she was lost in the area around 14th and Wertland Streets, which is near the student's own off-campus home.

Is it common for students to live in the City Walk Apartments? Just saw that it is located around the curve on Water St (As it turns into 10th St NE). Not sure if that is too far from grounds to be a building where students live or not?

ETA it seems to be right across from a parking garage... though I'm not sure if that is the specific "Water Street Garage"

When was it she "broke into a run?" as the headlines assert?

At 1.20am, friends waiting at a party for the student got a text from her saying that she was lost in the area around 14th and Wertland Streets, which is near the student's own off-campus home.

12:55am Seen running outside Shell gas station according to linked article above from a UK msm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l