VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I had not considered the possibility of a vehicle pursuing her. That may be less obvious from security video directed towards pedestrian foot traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes maybe even pushing her toward a area with the car, like making her run a certain direction far away from campus and cameras..

Well if I'm reading it right it said he failed to register. If he wasn't registered at the time of MH disappearance would it have made him harder to become a suspect? I mean I'm not sure how all that works, but would he have shown up in the database if he weren't registered?

I am not sure about the answer to your question, but I will say that I don't think investigators quit on looking for Morgan's killer. Meaning, even if he wasn't registered at the time of Morgan's murder in 2009, I would hope they have looked again sometime in the last few years at any recently registered sex offenders since 2009 when the murder happened. But, I know we can't always assume these things get done.

One thing I could imagine a drunk and lost or disoriented person doing is finding an unlocked car and passing out in the back seat. However, I don't think it's likely she did so and then died because it seems like most people would have either used their car sometime since the disappearance OR someone would have walked near it and smelled the decomposition.

________

On a totally unrelated note-- when I am really drunk I usually have to pee. A lot. I wonder if there is anywhere that she stopped to use the restroom? And.. this is stretching it, but TWICE (sober) my phone has fallen out of my back pocket when I went to use the restroom (edited to clarify--- INTO the toilet) and of course it was ruined immediately. Just a thought.

_______

Lastly, it didn't look like Hannah had a purse or wristlet. So probably she just had the necessities in her pocket. When I was in college that included: cell phone, key, and ID. Since Hannah wasn't 21, I wonder if she had her own ID or if she had a fake ID. If she had a fake ID with another name on it, then I hope her friends could recall that information. If it was found on a street corner, nobody would know it was relevant to Hannah's case unless that information is given to the public. Same goes for if she had a key-- was it just a plan key, or did it have a keychain of a specific color or design? I think these details are important because it can help trace her path if any items are found (sort of like Lauren S's belongings were found strewn all over Bloomington).

Well if I'm reading it right it said he failed to register. If he wasn't registered at the time of MH disappearance would it have made him harder to become a suspect? I mean I'm not sure how all that works, but would he have shown up in the database if he weren't registered?

Depends on a the jurisdiction and if they work together. You might be registered a sex offender in Hanover, but not in Culpepper or Prince George. I think that 1996.. I think it was changed state law a little later after that. This would be why he didn't register it wa snot required but now it is. all over Virginia. Fair fax didn't share the info with C-ville in those time.

There fore he has no record In c-ville as a sex offender in those time.

yes maybe even pushing her toward a area with the car, like making her run a certain direction far away from campus and cameras..

Campus security may be very aware of where cameras are, and where they are not. Just a theory. (Would campus security be patrolling that area at all?)

I am not sure about the answer to your question, but I will say that I don't think investigators quit on looking for Morgan's killer. Meaning, even if he wasn't registered at the time of Morgan's murder in 2009, I would hope they have looked again sometime in the last few years at any recently registered sex offenders since 2009 when the murder happened. But, I know we can't always assume these things get done.

One would think, but you never know, it was just a thought. Sometimes things get over looked.

Campus security may be very aware of where cameras are, and where they are not. Just a theory. (Would campus security be patrolling that area at all?)

No, that is too far from the campus.

Doubtful. It would be surprising if UVA police had any jurisdiction off grounds, and these areas aren't even close to grounds.

I would think the bloodhounds would still be able to maybe pick up her scent at downtown mall. "Mall" is a misnomer here... from my recollection, this is NOT a suburban mall with cars parked around a huge building with shops all indoors. I think I remember this being just an area with separate stores and shops..more like an urban outdoor mall.

So, then she is running in the last video??? One does not walk 2-1/2 miles only to end up running at the end ...UNLESS she is running because someone slowed down to give her a ride. :(
Except that the last sighting of her, she was walking. A person sitting in a car saw her walking to the mall.

Jmo it does not sound like anyone was seen following her on foot or by car.

It's a little (just a little) weird to me that LE stated the bloodhound picked up Hannah's scent in front of the pub but declined to say where it went afterward. Because they have already told us about subsequent places she went that night.

They have publicized that after the pub she was seen on video passing Shell and seen by a witness at the mall. Soo, it makes me think perhaps the bloodhound did not just track her in a straight path to the shell and then the mall and that's it. Perhaps the dog indicated that she made a stop in between one of these sightings, or maybe indicated where she could have gone after the mall sighting. Hope that line of thought makes sense.

Lastly, it didn't look like Hannah had a purse or wristlet. So probably she just had the necessities in her pocket. When I was in college that included: cell phone, key, and ID. Since Hannah wasn't 21, I wonder if she had her own ID or if she had a fake ID. If she had a fake ID with another name on it, then I hope her friends could recall that information. If it was found on a street corner, nobody would know it was relevant to Hannah's case unless that information is given to the public. Same goes for if she had a key-- was it just a plan key, or did it have a keychain of a specific color or design? I think these details are important because it can help trace her path if any items are found (sort of like Lauren S's belongings were found strewn all over Bloomington).

Respectfully snipped for space.

GREAT insight on the fake ID angle! She could be injured in a hospital somewhere under the name on a fake ID, although I doubt that is the case, unfortunately. Anyway, that is so true that people should be alert for any of her belongings as well as the ID she could have been using.

Question: do we think that the video footage from Shell was a) just found or b) just made public? I'm sitting here wishing it was found sooner and then realized it may have been. Thoughts?

Via twitter:

Ananda Rochita @AnandaRochita · 43m
Search crews are being given out new assignments around water street garage. Dogs picked up Hannah's scent toward there @wsls

Scent around garage? Perhaps she got a ride with someone at that location. That does not sound good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member