VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was weirder than that. It was a water holding tank on the roof. Elisa Lam. Not sure she was drunk though, I thought she had an illness that might have made her act less than rational.

You make an excellent point, though, people have turned up in some really strange situations when their mental clarity is compromised.

Like the one I read about last week, she went missing after being sent home from work for behaving erratically. They found her body a while later in some ductwork at a restaurant that she broke into after hours. SO WEIRD!!!

A lot of street worker wear athletic clothing which is not issue I want to stress.. I don't now if you guy a or female not that it matter. Its not about the clothing per say if you understand what I saying.. Its her state of actions and being out of place. then come in the other person wants and desires.

My point most homeless men and some people in general have no rules. Some people go to where the homeless are and pick up the women and attack them too.. I hope you get my concern there. Im not slandering her, not one bit . Just making a point in her set of ways at the time and place at time is not ideal.. Some would not of think "in help and need lost college girl". Some would take advantage of that.

Sorry, but saying that her outfit might make people think she was a street worker IS slandering her, in my opinion. It's victim blaming and *advertiser censored* shaming in the guise of trying to make a point. She was dressed like a college kid going out on a friday night.

Most homeless people have one thing in common, they have no home. Any other broad generalization is ill-advised. Yes, some are violent, but that is a very small minority, much like the population who have homes.

But Teleka was not drunk and had been acting strangley for months. I see major differences.

I do too, and that's why I said I wasn't comparing the two women. Just the circumstance of an evening of odd behavior followed by a disappearance. And who knows, maybe Hannah wasn't drunk either (long shot, but we don't know). Before Teleka's body was found, there was quite a bit of speculation that she was under the influence of something and it turned out she wasn't. My point was just that odd/dangerous behavior AND being snatched/harmed all in the same night is, in my opinion, unlikely.

I'm guessing you haven't ever seen a real "streetwalker" because Hannah was dressed very modestly compared to what passes for clothing among that type of sex worker. JMO

Her midriff and bare arms were showing. She was more dressed than the U.Va. cheerleaders at a football game. I don't believe her choice of clothing is relevant to this discussion, but that is MOO.

Hey websleuths I haven't been here in awhile. I always check in when something like this happens in VA though, which as we all know is waaay too often :(

I am sure we all agree that no one deserves to be attacked because of what they are wearing.

I do want to share my opinion though, on both Hannah and Morgan. About a decade ago I was one of these girls, partying in college. I did walk home completely wasted by myself a few times. All for stupid, drunk girl reasons: fight with my boyfriend, being dramatic etc. Usually it was just a few blocks but with how dark/deserted/sketchy the streets got in Farmville that would have been enough opportunity. It is by the Grace of God that most girls who do this at colleges every weekend make it home safely, but tragically, some do not. This is because they are extremely easy targets. For a rapist/etc., combing the streets in a college town late on a sat night, it would be like Christmas because girls do this A LOT. My friend had this exact thing happen to her at another Virginia college. She was walking home very drunk in the darnk and was knocked down, beaten and raped. DNA eventually convicted her rapist to several others in the area. She survived and has recovered, and mercifully has no memory at all of the attack.

My point is, girls get drunk. REALLY drunk. I know I did. I'm not proud of it but keg stands and jaegar nights were just a part of life back then. It is easy to not eat enough, or just not pay attention to how many shots you are taking until you are practically incapacitated. I don't think these girls were drugged. Who would have drugged them? Both of them ended up alone, and I don't think any guys were with Morgan. I think they were both just really, really drunk and if they were here to tell us, probably wouldn't have even remembered that night.

Obviously, I don't judge them. They were young girls having a good time and drank too much one night.

So anyways, just wanted to give my opinion on that. My heart goes out to these girls families.

Some homeless people might be prone to hurt someone, but their lack of resources makes it less likely that they could successfully abduct someone or hide the evidence of a violent crime.

I do too, and that's why I said I wasn't comparing the two women. Just the circumstance of an evening of odd behavior followed by a disappearance. And who knows, maybe Hannah wasn't drunk either (long shot, but we don't know). Before Teleka's body was found, there was quite a bit of speculation that she was under the influence of something and it turned out she wasn't. My point was just that odd/dangerous behavior AND being snatched/harmed all in the same night is, in my opinion, unlikely.

But it wouldn't be two random events happening to strike the same unlucky person.

It would be an evil human animal choosing her as prey BECAUSE of her condition.

That makes it much less improbable.

Wow, you are so lucky on several fronts! You became aware you were drugged early enough to put your safety in someone else's hands, and the someone you chose turned out to be one of the good guys. I was hoping that story was going to end with the two of you (you and the good guy) getting married or something. :) But it ended safely for you, and that's what counts!

Ha ha- thanks! I was lucky I was not tipsy (or feeling under the weather) at all or might not have realized what was happening to me. It is petrifying knowing that you will soon black out. I wish I had taken a picture of the guy and saved the bottle to report to the police- that would have been the only thing I would change in retrospect. I just recall asking who has a sweet, ex-boy scout kind of face, and will respect me, care, and take me seriously.

Her father is from the UK, but does environmental regulation stuff for the State Department. Look up his name and OMB Virginia. He works in government.

So, then she is running in the last video??? One does not walk 2-1/2 miles only to end up running at the end ...UNLESS she is running because someone slowed down to give her a ride. :(

My hope is that there are too many witness sightings and too much surveillance video for the case to go unsolved for long. LE has released a ton of info here relative to most cases I have followed. I am certain that there is also a great deal of info not being released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her father is from the UK, but does environmental regulation stuff for the State Department. Look up his name and OMB Virginia. He works in government.

I don't think that's him. John Graham is a very common name.

Hey websleuths I haven't been here in awhile. I always check in when something like this happens in VA though, which as we all know is waaay too often :(

I am sure we all agree that no one deserves to be attacked because of what they are wearing.

I do want to share my opinion though, on both Hannah and Morgan. About a decade ago I was one of these girls, partying in college. I did walk home completely wasted by myself a few times. All for stupid, drunk girl reasons: fight with my boyfriend, being dramatic etc. Usually it was just a few blocks but with how dark/deserted/sketchy the streets got in Farmville that would have been enough opportunity. It is by the Grace of God that most girls who do this at colleges every weekend make it home safely, but tragically, some do not. This is because they are extremely easy targets. For a rapist/etc., combing the streets in a college town late on a sat night, it would be like Christmas because girls do this A LOT. My friend had this exact thing happen to her at another Virginia college. She was walking home very drunk in the darnk and was knocked down, beaten and raped. DNA eventually convicted her rapist to several others in the area. She survived and has recovered, and mercifully has no memory at all of the attack.

My point is, girls get drunk. REALLY drunk. I know I did. I'm not proud of it but keg stands and jaegar nights were just a part of life back then. It is easy to not eat enough, or just not pay attention to how many shots you are taking until you are practically incapacitated. I don't think these girls were drugged. Who would have drugged them? Both of them ended up alone, and I don't think any guys were with Morgan. I think they were both just really, really drunk and if they were here to tell us, probably wouldn't have even remembered that night.

Obviously, I don't judge them. They were young girls having a good time and drank too much one night.

So anyways, just wanted to give my opinion on that. My heart goes out to these girls families.

I could have written this post myself. I thank God every day that I came out alive. I almost always stuck with a crowd or another person, but things happen and sometimes you end up by yourself. Kids in college, high school too, get very, very drunk. (not everyone, obviously, but many.)

It's also not uncommon to do several shots before leaving somewhere to "pregame" before going to another party or wherever. That could explain the "increasingly erratic" texts or whatever. It could have been alcohol taking effect.

So, then she is running in the last video??? One does not walk 2-1/2 miles only to end up running at the end ...UNLESS she is running because someone slowed down to give her a ride. :(

Good point. I had not considered the possibility of a vehicle pursuing her. That may be less obvious from security video directed towards pedestrian foot traffic.

My hope is that there are too many witness sightings and too much surveillance video for the case to go unsolved for long. LE has released a ton of info here relative to most cases I have followed. I am certain that there is also a great deal of info not being released.

I really, really hope so!

Given the route that we know she walked could she have been trying to make her way to the hospital? It seems really close on the map.

http://i.imgur.com/nZmbhzy.jpg
So here's Morgan Harrington's suspect (minus hair and a tweak to his beard) along with a violent sex offender and drug dealer who is the only sex offender that lives around the corner where Hannah Graham was last seen. He fits the height and weight as well, and his MO is the same as the woman assaulted in 2005 they linked to Morgan's case. So seeing as how he was possibly spotted not long after Hannah's disappearance, the possibility is the same perp (along with these other facts) make me raise my eyebrow quite inquisitively.
http://i.imgur.com/skaYYDc.jpg
This is where he lives and works

Well if I'm reading it right it said he failed to register. If he wasn't registered at the time of MH disappearance would it have made him harder to become a suspect? I mean I'm not sure how all that works, but would he have shown up in the database if he weren't registered?

Someone local said it's 1.5 miles.

You know, looking at the map closer and having been in that area before, there are A LOT of places she could have fallen/passed out/slept that would leave her concealed: a recessed stairway in the back of an old building, a rocky/treed steep bank next going down to the railroad, around or in a large garbage container, in the back of a roll top truck, etc. But what strikes me, is with the number of people in and around the area and if she passed away, there would be a very bad smell that should have been picked up at least by Sunday afternoon... today is Wednesday..... 3-1/2 days later and still no sign. I am leaning toward her running to catch a ride with someone because she realized how lost she was at Downtown Mall which is now miles away from her apartment.

Wow! Catching up on posts from last night! Questions/comments:

Do we know, for certain, who her father is and what he does for a living? I saw a couple posts vaguely referencing him. Not that I think it will matter a hill of beans but anyway.....

The video from the Shell capturing her running....It's just as possible she was running toward something as it is she was running from something. Especially since it did not appear that anyone was behind her.

It really sounds like LE has a lot of leads and surveillance coverage so hopefully this is solved quickly. My biggest fear, though, is that she entered a vehicle out of video range and could be much further out of the area they are searching. Praying for a quick resolution.

****Oops forgot to ask if someone would please post link for presser as it gets closer. Thanks*******

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay