VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hannah is 18, I'm guessing she is a freshman at UVA (or "first year," as everyone insists on saying around here) and not very familiar with the Corner area except for the retail strip along West Main.

Her twitter pics indicate she graduated high school in May 2013 and appears to be in a dorm fall 2013.

I'm starting to think perhaps it wasn't her who sent the text from her phone.

Her friend stated that the text at 1:30AM (approx) from Hannah said she was lost and then gave the street/neighborhood and her friend thought it was odd since it's an area Hannah knows, and the same area where the party was.

I can't help but think perhaps someone abducted Hannah, then saw that her friends were texting her and responded to them that she was lost in an effort to throw off her friends, police, etc. and the abductor didn't know she had just been in a party in the same area so when her friend asked "where are you?" or something the person with her phone responded with the area she was taken from to match up with the area her cell was pinging in.

Sorry if that makes no sense. It's late and I'm tired. But the bottom line is I don't think Hannah sent that text.

That was exactly what I was going to write! Glad I kept reading down and saw your comment first!

I was going to ask if anyone on SM had asked the friend if Hannah had sent that unsolicited or in reply to something, and also the timing of that compared to any other texts either had sent the other.

Glad I'm not entirely alone in my ponderings (or suspicion about the text being from someone other than Hannah and why)

Can't believe this is the second young female college student thread from neighboring states this week. (Anna Smith in NC - just found and now being considered suicide but it's a little...odd)

Sad, so sad a case in which a young person has had too much to drink and no one she was with cares enough to see her safely home....

Exactly. My poor daughter and the hours and hours of lectures she's going to get from me when she's ready to head off to college......:thinking:

Kids need to be warned to not only watch out for themselves, but for EACH OTHER. The other day while driving my son to soccer practice, we heard a long PSA on the radio about two drunk men. One ended up getting hit by a car and the whole point of the PSA was to watch out for your drunk friends! I thought it was pretty weird at the time, but now I don't.

Her friend stated that the text at 1:30AM (approx) from Hannah said she was lost and then gave the street/neighborhood and her friend thought it was odd since it's an area Hannah knows, and the same area where the party was.

I can't help but think perhaps someone abducted Hannah, then saw that her friends were texting her and responded to them that she was lost in an effort to throw off her friends, police, etc. and the abductor didn't know she had just been in a party in the same area so when her friend asked "where are you?" or something the person with her phone responded with the area she was taken from to match up with the area her cell was pinging in.

Sorry if that makes no sense. It's late and I'm tired. But the bottom line is I don't think Hannah sent that text.

Excellent theory.

I like KaylynnCouture's theory that perhaps someone else sent the text from Hannah's phone about being lost.

Another idea is that Hannah sent it, but it was a lie. This may be a little more far fetched. But, think back to being eighteen. She's supposed to meet her friends, and maybe they're getting annoyed because she still hasn't shown up and it has been an hour. But she met a guy after the party who is into her and really doesn't want to go. Either at his prompting, or by her own choice, she could have sent that text saying she was lost to delay having to leave to meet her friends. It doesn't make sense as an excuse because she knew the area, but if she was intoxicated and making up an excuse it wouldn't necessarily make a lot of sense.

Total speculation and I don't necessarily think it's what happened. It does seem that if she was truly wandering around lost, she would have simply called her friend to try to get some help with directions

Hmmm, I was just reading through her tweets. On September 1st she wrote, "OMG I swear over-eager kid from my discussion is following me." That's disturbing to say the least.

And a eerie coincidence..........On August 29th she wrote, "Got an alone drunk girl to a bus tonight" hastag, hoosgotyourback

I'm sure LE is looking into this. She also mentions a hot new athlete in her French class and two French guys telling her she spoke French well. All of these are recent tweets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if she went off with a boy and then got lost. This does seem like the Morgan case but Im almost positive RAT was involved with the Samantha case. The Alicia Showalter Reynolds case from the 90's seems like a far stretch to connect the two. I, sadly, think there are just alot of bad people in the world.

Every parent's nightmare. Especially mine!
With three kids in (different) universities...knowing their social activities all too well...this is very frightening and (unfortunately) not shocking.
Some of my kids' friends drink to excess often, but luckily, are never alone.
I wonder if Hannah had new friends only or if some of her home friends were there. Was she a regular drinker? Also, the phone dying is not unusual. By 1:00 AM, after a night of texting, fb, snapchatting...her battery was probably drained. Just my two cents.

ETA: Also, did she live off-campus? Is she a freshman?

Very good theory but also to if she was "fairly well intoxicated" as they said you could be in a place familiar and be lost at the same time at least the feeling of being lost from the alcohol...Hope they find her soon..imo this isn't going to turn out good:(

Very good theory but also to if she was "fairly well intoxicated" as they said you could be in a place familiar and be lost at the same time at least the feeling of being lost from the alcohol...Hope they find her soon..imo this isn't going to turn out good:(

Thats a good point. I just wonder what she was doing for approx an hour between leaving the party and "getting lost" in the same neighborhood the party was in.

In my opinion she left and started walking and was approached by someone offering to give her a ride. From there, her friends started texting asking where she was and the perp texted back that she was lost then turned off her phone so the last cell ping would lead investigators to that area- meanwhile he took her out of the area/town. So it gives him a head start.

Yes 4 years exactly since Samantha Clarke and just about a month shy of the 5 year anniversary of Morgan Harrington's disappearance. Scary.

Very scary! When I put 14th & Wertland (the area where she was said to be lost) into Google maps I got an immediate sense of Déjà vu. This is lass than half a mile from where Morgan's T-shirt was found. It could just be a coincidence, but I'm officially creeped out!

http://goo.gl/maps/Vyryi

Let's hope we won't still be looking for Hannah years later like we are for Lauren... :(

Usually you can tell who is coming back alive and who isn't... and I have a sick feeling she isn't :(

A woman on a fb news outlet claims she saw her at the downtown mall that night between 12:30-2 and she called the police and gave them the info. I wonder where that is in reference to where she was with the party out of curiosity

Usually you can tell who is coming back alive and who isn't... and I have a sick feeling she isn't :(

Yeah, me too. I never have a good feeling when it's someone young and intoxicated. My thoughts are generally: accident (water?) followed by random perp. That's pretty much my feelings at the moment too.

A woman on a fb news outlet claims she saw her at the downtown mall that night between 12:30-2 and she called the police and gave them the info. I wonder where that is in reference to where she was with the party out of curiosity

The same night she was reported missing?

One thing that I just noticed.....per NBC29, "She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cutouts" but on the surveillance tape (of her leaving the building) she isn't/wasn't wearing what was described. Does this matter? Perhaps. At some point did she return to her residence and change her clothes?

NBC29 reference found at http://www.nbc29.com/story/26533866/police-search-for-missing-uva-student

I really hope the police are going door to door and checking houses in the area! What if someone picked her up (either to do harm to her or get her home safely) and she got very sick (alcohol poisoning sick) and died? They need to be checking all the houses for any sign of her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb