VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little bit of a hike from 14th/Wertland to the downtown mall, and portions of it (particularly the area from the Corner to about 8th/Main) are not well-lit or well-traveled at night. I used to work at 8th/Main. I don't have a good feeling about this. :(

College girls + drinking = scary. Could she have wandered somewhere and passed out? Of course, not sure what that would mean for where she is now. :(

It looks to me like it's more of urban in nature... so they should have found her if she got lost there and curled up in some corner somewhere. So... either see got even more lost and ended up completely out of that area... or she was taken. :(

Oh, if that comment that he phone either went dead or was turned off at 1:00 am is really ominous.

I just looked at the route for bodies of water. And the only thing there is a swimming pool at Booker T. Washington park. But it's a big pool (public?) that appears to have a long fence around it. Since pools were closed on Labor Day, but not necessarily drained.... they ought to check there. She looks like she could easily climb a fence... and that might exaplain why a phone would go dead. Still hoping it's none of the above.

Scary that another girl has gone missing in the Charlottesville area.

Lots of chatter on the attached link. Also, and this may be VERY important.... one poster noted that it was 4 years to the day that Samantha Clarke was also reported as missing (9/13 or 9/14)

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26533866/police-search-for-missing-uva-student

"According to investigators, Graham talked with her friends via text messages around 1:30 Saturday morning but then her phone cut off and there were no more pings." Wondering if the battery died, or if it got turned off? This article also states there are many surveillance cameras in the area and video is being reviewed. Hope that turns up some helpful info.

Just want to clarify that she is Brittish and is here on a student visa.

She as a green card. She has lived in VA for 13 years, per her Twitter account. Her parents are from England and I guess she was born there but she has grown up in VA.

The outfit she was wearing that night seems really out of character. In all of the other photos I have seen she is dressed rather conservatively. Yes, it was Friday night, a party night and people often dress more provocatively when they set out to party. The change in her manner of dress vs. what she normally wears seems a little extreme to me. She even seems a little self-conscious in one of the photos of her in the hallway. Thoughts?

Good catch! Wonder if she was trying to get someone's attention... or just get more attention...

I still curious why she was called "skinny" in MSM reports, not that it matters...

Still wonder as I mentioned that use of text could be a hoax.... just like telling kids not to go it alone late at night, and especially after drinking, that when in trouble use voice!
So many cases now we've seen where last message was a text...

Reminds me all too much of Morgan Harrington :/ hoping for the best but the outcome doesn't look good..

The area Hannah was "lost" in, being so relatively close to where Morgan's shirt was planted and not so far from where she disappeared... in a fairly low population area... just seems way too coincidental. Morgan was intoxicated, this girl may have been the same... both walking alone in Charlottesville at night by themselves possibly both even looking for help/hitch hiking? both girls are thin....This does not look good.

By saying "I am lost in the area of 14th & Wertlend." I guess what she meant is 14th & Wertlend is the last place she was that she recognized. Obviously if she knew exactly where she was, she wouldn't be lost.

I doubt she walked to the mall... someone above said it would be a mix of big roads and more rural area to walk there. She would presumably (even though she was drunk) have realized she was definitely getting further and further away from campus, her apartment and her friends. She could have turned around. If she was at that mall then I think someone drove her there. I wonder if the witness of this possible sighting saw anyone with Hannah? Unfortunately I usually don't have much faith in possible sightings, as they usually don't seem to turn out.

I think LE should be checking out areas similar to the rural-type area where Morgan was found. Also, since it is possible that Hannah was driven away from the area, it may be a good idea to check the river on the east side of Cville, no? (Am not local).

LE needs to get surveillance of where she was last drinking and with friends to see if anyone was special paying attention to her.. Also, as mentioned earlier, if this is same who took Morgan, need to alert those living in area where Morgan was found to be on the lookout for unusual activity...sadly appears to be another "rule-of-three".
Also, need to see if any reports of women in recent weeks being bothered in area when Hannah was last...
Sadly, don't see a good ending, so sad...

Good catch! Wonder if she was trying to get someone's attention... or just get more attention...

I still curious why she was called "skinny" in MSM reports, not that it matters...

Still wonder as I mentioned that use of text could be a hoax.... just like telling kids not to go it alone late at night, and especially after drinking, that when in trouble use voice!
So many cases now we've seen where last message was a text...

She may not be "skinny" like skin and bones, but IMO she has a thin build. IMO, they chose to pick a word to describe her build rather than say her weight in #s because if you forget to consider how tall she is, her weight may make her sound heavier-built than what she actually looks. Does that make sense? 170 or 180 on a girl who is 5'11'' looks much different than an average height girl of the same weight.

I think they just wanted to impress upon people that she is tall and thin, as it is probably her most apparent defining feature.

Thinking out loud....Even if it was someone other than Hannah texting the "I'm lost" message in order to throw people off, the phone would pick up their actual location when the message was sent. I'm sure LE is all over her phone records.

In an area she was familiar with, but so disoriented that she said she was lost. Yet coherent enough to text accurately? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!