VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the theory behind a perp sending texts to mislead, when it is so much easier to turn the phone off, remove the battery, dispose of it, and go on your way. Why bother sending texts?

I find it unlikely but I guess some could think its to hold off the search. Saying your lost isnt really going to be a reaffirming text though.

Rugby Road- wasnt that connected to Morgans case also?

I don't understand the theory behind a perp sending texts to mislead, when it is so much easier to turn the phone off, remove the battery, dispose of it, and go on your way. Why bother sending texts?

to possibly delay any search for as long as possible.. IMO

maybe because the perp was going in a totally opposite direction from the typed location, so if her friends went to look for her they would be way off the mark?

yeah, and I agree with delaying a possible search. if she's lost, people might be like 'oh, she'll find her way back. she's fine.'

One of my best friends went to law school at UVA (graduated 2011), and one night she went missing. Like NO ONE knew where the heck she was. Her phone was off, she wasn't answering texts, she was never on social media. I called her friends, no one had heard from her, etc etc. FINALLY we got in touch with her roommate (who was out of town at the time), who got in touch with the landlord, who went to the house and saw a broken window. But THANK GOD she had just locked her keys and phone out of her apartment, tried to break in, gave up and stayed with a guy friend for two days. She's alive and well but I'm still amazed at how careless she was.

BBM. Did you mean to say that she locked them in her apartment? And yes, that is a scary scenario. Glad she was ok!

I'm guessing they are searching the Downtown Mall area . . . . . . especially since it is East and according to the article "the tip prompted authorities to move the search area farther east". And also, early-on there was a post from a woman saying she saw Hannah on the Downtown Mall between 12:30am - 2:00am, Saturday morning.

to possibly delay any search for as long as possible.. IMO

That doesn't register in my mind. It creates a panic situation and makes people look for her even sooner, IMO. If I were a criminal who wanted to create a red herring, I'd text "Met up with some friends, headed to Disney for a few days. See you when I get back!"

Right?

I think "another direction" means farther East.

I'm guessing they are searching the Downtown Mall area . . . . . . especially since it is East and according to the article "the tip prompted authorities to move the search area farther east". And also, early-on there was a post from a woman saying she saw Hannah on the Downtown Mall between 12:30am - 2:00am, Saturday morning.

Wondering what "another direction" might mean? Voluntary missing? Human Trafficking?
Put on HOLD. Why???

Rugby Rd and Grady Ave is actually further NORTHWEST... so it must be another area.

if it truly is further east, that is right at that pool! Let's hope not!

BBM. Do you mean to say that she locked them in her apartment? And yes, that is a scary scenario. Glad she was ok!

yeah... Hannah's last text was 'I'm lost' though so you'd think she'd have incentive to use someone else's phone or something to get in touch

That doesn't register in my mind. It creates a panic situation and makes people look for her even sooner, IMO. If I were a criminal who wanted to create a red herring, I'd text "Met up with some friends, headed to Disney for a few days. See you when I get back!"

Right?

yeah, I think a random text like that would just be too implausible
imo the text wasn't like an 'I'm lost' cry for help kind of text. just like, I'm a bit confused and will meet up w you later. just like, a plausible excuse for why she hasn't been in contact. I doubt the perp would have really thought it thru... just wanted people to not be alarmed that she hadn't been in touch/at the party by then

Subscribing and hoping she is found safe.

BREAKING: police tell @HenryGraff #HannahGraham headed east on Grady Ave toward Preston Ave. Time stamp on tape was 12:46 AM.

Details
NBC29 ‏@NBC29 8m
BREAKING: police tell @HenryGraff #HannahGraham was alone on the McGrady tape, appeared intoxicated, without visible injuries, heading east.

Like I have said before . I think its a group of guys doing these killing. I see a scary pattern . the height, the color of the clothing, the age range. the distance, also how they strike.

One thing that get me is randy Taylor and other guys who died in jail who id napped women were in Seattle, Wa at one point,. I would lie to go back to the case where the gurl was raped by a lot of guys. then found killed. I think this is the group.. I actually think taylor and other guy was part of this group.

What day did this young woman go missing was it the 3rd or the 8th.

I find it unlikely but I guess some could think its to hold off the search. Saying your lost isnt really going to be a reaffirming text though.

Rugby Road- wasnt that connected to Morgans case also?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/01/AR2010070106379.html

"In November, Harrington's T-shirt -- black with the name of the rock band Pantera spelled in tan letters across the front -- was found on 15th Street near Grady Avenue in an area heavily populated by students and just east of fraternities along Rugby Road."

Kinda wondering where they've been searching? From the 14th/Wertland intersection which was the original PLS, the new area is still right in the 1/2 mile original search radius ring. Now, with the new tape info. that ring will shift, but still....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc