VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Locals, what's the neighborhood like? IOW, would you feel safe walking there alone in the daytime? 1 am?

Thinking out loud....Even if it was someone other than Hannah texting the "I'm lost" message in order to throw people off, the phone would pick up their actual location when the message was sent. I'm sure LE is all over her phone records.

Not sure about picking up actual location... would need GPS or location service activated, no? Pings not that accurate... CMIIW..
The phone going dead right after text message as hoax written all over it IMO..

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
19 minutes ago ·
BREAKING: Police Sources just told me ALL searches for missing UVA student Hannah Graham have been temporarily put on HOLD. Officials say 60 plus tips have come in and those tips are "shifting the search in another direction." Police are meeting right now to decide where to go from here. Police do say that Hannah Graham is still missing.

SPREAD THIS BREAKING NEWS
13 Likes · 4 Comments

https://m.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh?fref=nf&_rdr

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
19 minutes ago ·
BREAKING: Police Sources just told me ALL searches for missing UVA student Hannah Graham have been temporarily put on HOLD. Officials say 60 plus tips have come in and those tips are "shifting the search in another direction." Police are meeting right now to decide where to go from here. Police do say that Hannah Graham is still missing.

13 Likes · 4 Comments

BBM. Wow. What a development. Another direction ....... hmmmmm.

In an area she was familiar with, but so disoriented that she said she was lost. Yet coherent enough to text accurately? :thinking:
This. This right here. [emoji106]
I don't feel like she could have been drunk enough to be completely lost so close to the party but be sober enough to type an address correctly.
Unless, maybe, she had left the party for a bit (alone or with someone), and was making her way back and got turned around. She had only been at the college a short time, so I could see how that could happen. It was late and we know she had been drinking. Its what happened after that text and what kept her from making the relatively short distance back to the party is what really bothers me.

Or someone else sent the text.

Locals, what's the neighborhood like? IOW, would you feel safe walking there alone in the daytime? 1 am?
As a former female college student there, I would have. Looking back now, maybe not so much, but it is an area with a lot of nightlife going on and usually tons of people out walking .... bars, restaurants, houses and apartments, etc.

As a local Charlottesville woman . . . . no, I would not feel comfortable walking around that area after dark. BUT, I am not an "invincible-feeling" younger person. When I was in my 20s, I probably would have.

There are lots of bars, restaurants, shops, just a block away, as well as parking lots and activity (even at 1am). There are apartment buildings nearby and student-occupied homes, too. But, the area off the main roads is not well-lit and it would be easy for something to happen and no one notice it.

Wondering what "another direction" might mean? Voluntary missing? Human Trafficking?
Put on HOLD. Why???

I don't feel like she could have been drunk enough to be completely lost so close to the party but be sober enough to type an address correctly.
Unless, maybe, she had left the party for a bit (alone or with someone), and was making her way back and got turned around. She had only been at the college a short time, so I could see how that could happen. It was late and we know she had been drinking. Its what happened after that text and what kept her from making the relatively short distance back to the party is what really bothers me.

She was a second year. I find it difficult to understand how she would have been lost in that area personally. The whole thing is very concerning!

ITA! Seems weird that she could send a text with a location being intoxicated.

I find it hard to believe she was lost there too. This is a heavily student-populated area. The streets are numbered sequentially (14th . . 15th . .) and go in order. There are only a few cross-roads in that area (Wertland being one of the larger ones). It would be fairly easy to find your way back on to the main street (pending the level of intoxication). I believe she was in her 2nd year at UVA, so I am certain that she is familiar with the area. I hate to speculate, but I don't think the text was from her. I hope LE can see if her phone was pinging from the area the text said she was lost in.

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
19 minutes ago ·

13 Likes · 4 Comments

Oh, please let this be a good thing. It seemed pretty dire, but with this announcement, maybe she did some crazy college kid thing like ended up on a spontaneous road trip to Disney World. Please let this be normal college kid stuff!

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
19 minutes ago ·

13 Likes · 4 Comments

Search is now between Rugby Rd and Grady Ave according to link above?

She was a second year. I find it difficult to understand how she would have been lost in that area personally. The whole thing is very concerning!
I guess I'm just directionally challenged lol. I could see it happening to me.
But also, I feel like the text was more of a "I got lost/turned around but I'm right here, just trying to find the party" kind of thing. Maybe I'm completely off base, these are just my opinions.

Or, again, someone else sent the text. Which is just bone chilling.

Hopefully these new developments will lead to good news!

From the article-

Charlottesville police Capt. Gary Pleasants said Tuesday that the tip prompted authorities to move the search area farther east, though he could not provide details about the possible sighting.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...dent-expands-after-police-.html#ixzz3DV0RWUTN
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

As a former female college student there, I would have. Looking back now, maybe not so much, but it is an area with a lot of nightlife going on and usually tons of people out walking .... bars, restaurants, houses and apartments, etc.

One of my best friends went to law school at UVA (graduated 2011), and one night she went missing. Like NO ONE knew where the heck she was. Her phone was off, she wasn't answering texts, she was never on social media. I called her friends, no one had heard from her, etc etc. FINALLY we got in touch with her roommate (who was out of town at the time), who got in touch with the landlord, who went to the house and saw a broken window. But THANK GOD she had just locked her keys and phone out of her apartment, tried to break in, gave up and stayed with a guy friend for two days. She's alive and well but I'm still amazed at how careless she was.

I find it hard to believe she was lost there too. This is a heavily student-populated area. The streets are numbered sequentially (14th . . 15th . .) and go in order. There are only a few cross-roads in that area (Wertland being one of the larger ones). It would be fairly easy to find your way back on to the main street (pending the level of intoxication). I believe she was in her 2nd year at UVA, so I am certain that she is familiar with the area. I hate to speculate, but I don't think the text was from her. I hope LE can see if her phone was pinging from the area the text said she was lost in.

I don't understand the theory behind a perp sending texts to mislead, when it is so much easier to turn the phone off, remove the battery, dispose of it, and go on your way. Why bother sending texts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!