VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlottesville police say Graham had been drinking heavily and was last seen at 12:15 a.m. Friday at a party in the area of 14th, 15th, and Wertland streets. Police spent much of Monday evening searching that area, as well as the nearby railroad tracks, but found nothing.

According to investigators, Graham talked with her friends via text messages around 1:30 Saturday morning but then her phone cut off and there were no more pings. Sources characterize Graham's text messages that night as normal. Her last message said she was lost in the area of 14th and Wertland. Police are looking at her phone records and computer for possible leads.

More at link: http://www.nbc29.com/story/26533866/police-search-for-missing-uva-student

Something doesn't add up to me.It was over an hour from the time she was last seen and texted she was lost.I don't think it would take her that long to realize she was lost.Was she walking around for over an hour?

Something doesn't add up to me.It was over an hour from the time she was last seen and texted she was lost.I don't think it would take her that long to realize she was lost.Was she walking around for over an hour?

This, and the fact that the party was apparently on or near the same street that she texted she was lost on.

It sounds to me like she had a LOT to drink and was really disoriented. I can't help but wonder if someone saw her walking around and offered her a ride..

Anything could have happened in that hour, IMO...maybe she blacked out or passed out and became disoriented. It seems as if she was lost (per her text stating 14th and Wertland) in the same block as where the party was held (between 14th and 15th on Wertland). It's perplexing.

ETA: Kaylynn, great minds think alike!!

Hmmm, I was just reading through her tweets. On September 1st she wrote, "OMG I swear over-eager kid from my discussion is following me." That's disturbing to say the least.

And a eerie coincidence..........On August 29th she wrote, "Got an alone drunk girl to a bus tonight" hastag, hoosgotyourback

It looks like these streets are part of the off campus housing.I would think there would be a few people walking that night.It was a Friday (party) night.If she were lost why wouldn't she ask them where she needed to go? Again there is something wrong with this scenario.

OK, slightly off topic, but social media is really starting to freak me out. I don't even have a Twitter account and I can see everything that she has posted! She has several pics of personal identifying info on her site (picture of an envelope with her name and address listed, the tags on her cat's collar show her ph#, etc). She has 260 followers.....260 people that know her every move. If there is indeed a serial killer out there, all they have to do is get a twitter/facebook/myspace account; it's a freak's dream come true.

Her Twitter says that she has been in the States for 13 years.

What is the DM? I haven't seen this info anywhere. Could you please share a link?

There were at least two other women who disappeared in the greater Cville area this summer, Bonnie Santiago and Janet Renee Field. I doubt those cases are connected to Hannah. Both of them are considerably older and the closer one, Bonnie Santiago, disappeared about 10 miles from the UVA Corner.

Samantha Clarke's disappearance was connected to Randy Allen Taylor, who is in jail for the murder of Alexis Murphy. Charges against Taylor for Clarke's disappearance had to be dropped (http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment). They have not found a body for either girl.

A connection to the Morgan Harrington and/or Alicia Showalter Reynolds case seems more likely, but I think it's just as likely that there are a number of creeps out there waiting for vulnerable young women. If Hannah is 18, I'm guessing she is a freshman at UVA (or "first year," as everyone insists on saying around here) and not very familiar with the Corner area except for the retail strip along West Main.

It looks like these streets are part of the off campus housing.I would think there would be a few people walking that night.It was a Friday (party) night.If she were lost why wouldn't she ask them where she needed to go? Again there is something wrong with this scenario.

She sent a text to a friend which stated that she was lost but the friend thought it was odd because the address she gave was an area she was familiar with. The first thing I thought of was ruffies. I've been drunk many times (*blush*) but I don't recall ever getting lost in an area I was familiar with. Wondering how I made it home? Absolutely. Getting lost in my natural surroundings? Never. Now I know everyone reacts to alcohol differently but if someone slipped her a drug......well now that makes more sense, she was totally confused/disoriented. If said person was watching her, they could have easily walked up to her as she left the bar and said, "Hey, you OK? You lost? Here, let me take you home." No struggle, no scene. This would have been especially easy if that person was someone she was familiar with.

These are just ideas. I'm really just hoping that by the time I select "post quick reply," she will have been found, safe and sound. Sending prayers and positive vibes to her and her family and friends.

Sad, so sad a case in which a young person has had too much to drink and no one she was with cares enough to see her safely home....

Are there any bodies of water nearby? Sorry not at computer or I would look myself. TIA

Are there any bodies of water nearby? Sorry not at computer or I would look myself. TIA

I looked on google maps and saw a river on the east side of Charlottesville, but it is not really near where Hannah went missing.

If I am wrong about that please correct me, locals.

I would assume she didn't arrive at the party at 14th and Wertland alone. At what point was she split up from those friends? Are those the same friends she was to meet up with again later, or a different set? Whoever was at the 14th and Wertland party should come forward if they saw Hannah at all that night. It's important to note if any guys were talking to her, if she actually drank a lot or just suddenly seemed very intoxicated/disoriented, etc.

Also, although she apparently indicated to her friend that she was lost in the area of 14th and Wertland I wonder how true that is. If she was so disoriented, she may have been in a different area. She could even have been led away or driven away by someone who convinced her in her intoxicated state that they were just going nearby. It sounds like LE is still working on getting all the cell phone data... that should be helpful.

From a quick glance via Google Maps, the area seems to have a lot of businesses, etc. Are there many exterior cams on businesses and restaurants? It's important LE get that footage before it is taped over-- some systems only have a 48 hour or so timespan.

According to investigators, Graham talked with her friends via text messages around 1:30 Saturday morning but then her phone cut off and there were no more pings.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26533866/police-search-for-missing-uva-student

Why is it that no one actually uses voice when these things happens... Text could be a hoax... Surveillance of area where she said she was when texting is most important, obviously.

Small point - They keep saying she has a skinny build - doesn't look it to me.

What in the world is going on here in Virginia? Law enforcement has been in our neighborhood since Friday afternoon, up in the woods searching for something or someone. News reporters aren't being told anything, neighbors are wondering if they are looking for James Davis Walker, missing since 2000 or if the latest rumors about 2 missing females from Maryland being buried in an old cemetery are true. And now we have Hannah missing in Charlottesville.

I'm starting to think perhaps it wasn't her who sent the text from her phone.

Her friend stated that the text at 1:30AM (approx) from Hannah said she was lost and then gave the street/neighborhood and her friend thought it was odd since it's an area Hannah knows, and the same area where the party was.

I can't help but think perhaps someone abducted Hannah, then saw that her friends were texting her and responded to them that she was lost in an effort to throw off her friends, police, etc. and the abductor didn't know she had just been in a party in the same area so when her friend asked "where are you?" or something the person with her phone responded with the area she was taken from to match up with the area her cell was pinging in.

Sorry if that makes no sense. It's late and I'm tired. But the bottom line is I don't think Hannah sent that text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3