VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe her parents and LE know something that we don't? If they say foul play they must be basing it on the fact that she hasn't contacted them?

I wondered the same. It seems so soon to me for the parents to go to suspecting foul play and I really hope they're wrong. I want Hannah to be found safe.

See I was under the impression the PARENTS suspected foul play - I thought he had stated that at first he was worried when he saw her running but I assume he got over that worry. And as for the texts, I thought he said they did not seem to be panicky.

You are correct. The parents said they suspected foul play, not the police. The police commented that he can't comment on what the parents may be feeling/thinking because he is not the parents.

If you know the area, you'd see she left the university area and walked through a blue-collar neighborhood, then came to McGrady's, then walked past the Shell. That road is all businesses, but a really weird mix, not really a strip. Then once she got to the Downtown Mall, that's a trendy area, but it's surrounded on one side by a nice residential area and on the other side by the area of Cville that is definitely less affluent/more crime, though some of that is being gentrified. I cannot imagine any sorority would send her that way when there would be so many other closer places on the Corner, close to the sorority houses and where she lives. Also rush is in the winter.

Locals: What could be open at the mall at those hours? I would think everything would be shut down hours before.

I think the parents have every reason to suspect foul play! For heavens sake! Half the time all that is talked about is MH. We all know by now, repeatedly, how her case turned out. What other scenario would make it better? Accidental death? Suicide? They don't believe their daughter took off on her own. And, if she was abducted? Miracles do happen, but I think they are being realistic....

Seeing lots of tweets about bloodhounds again. Wonder if this is a new search or old info. It's been 4 1/2 Days, that's an old trail for most police K9 to work as they usually train on far fresher trails. Wonder what dogs they are using.

Locals: What could be open at the mall at those hours? I would think everything would be shut down hours before.

Many places on the Downtown Mall are still open at this point. Bars close down at 2 am. There are several bar/restaurants that will have large numbers of people until closing time.

There are bars and restaurants on the mall that I would assume could stay open to 2am since last call in Virginia is 1:30am

Her mother suggested that nearly every bone in her body was shattered.

IRT Morgan--I wonder if the bones were shattered before or after she was killed, possibly by the way her body was transported and/or dumped.

I'm sorry if I missed it, was the gas station open or closed at the time she went by it? I'm just wondering since it was a Saturday night.

Assuming the reporter got it right, this Daily Mail article refers to it as a "24-hour Shell petrol station".
Article link

I think everyone should take a peek at this in case they missed it....and then google SAYLOR, RAYMOND, NATHANIEL on the sex offender registry.

http://va.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19951031_0000033.WVA.htm/qx

Snipped...
...On that date [friday may 5 1989] Faulconer was walking down Tenth Street in Charlottesville, Virginia. As he was walking, the victim was approached by Saylor who was selling crack cocaine.

IINM, 10th Street is 2 blocks west of Gardy & Preston

...maybe as part of a sorority rush she was supposed to get time stamps from certain bars in a certain amount of time? Hence the weird map and running? ...and scheduled meet up time...
Just brainstorming ideas here...

I just feel like we would know about that by now. Someone would have to have come forward by now if it was sorority related. JMO.

Footage that the chief himself hasn't seen yet? :shame:

It was being reviewed as he spoke...so no, he hadn't seen it yet.

ETA: This is all just speculation around why that tweet from Coy Barefoot said what it said. I was guessing that he knew someone on the inside, that person was reviewing the recently received tapes while the press conference was happening. They shared with him what they saw, he tweeted. Pure speculation on my part.

IMO, this has nothing to do with sorority recruitment or pledging.

Just my two cents.
Hmmm...
The facts are that she had left a sorority house party...she took a very strange route to several bars outside the vicinity of where she had been, had a meet up time scheduled and seemed to be in a rush to get somewhere specific...
It may all be coincidental...but oftentimes sororities make potential pledges " prove " themselves by accomplishing something outrageous...not always pleasant either...IMO
I am not suggesting her final disappearance is related to pledging, but that the path put forth may have inadvertently put her in harms way while in a vulnerable state ( consuming too much alcohol prior to the challenge)
Just know from a personal perspective how sororities/ fraternities work. And this being September and her strange and yet determined path...
All just speculation...whilst trying to tie in timeframe/ actions/ location...

...maybe as part of a sorority rush she was supposed to get time stamps from certain bars in a certain amount of time? Hence the weird map and running? ...and scheduled meet up time...
Just brainstorming ideas here...

Not trying to be snarky here, I promise, but where is all this "sorority" stuff coming from? No sorority that I've ever heard of conducts recruitment this way. Informal recruitment was mentioned above somewhere in a previous post and doesn't really mean what you might think it means. There is no "pledging" anymore except to refer simply to the time period between bidding and initiation, which, in itself, merely consists of a commemorative pinning ceremony. Each organization has it's owns traditions, so they vary. I have a good knowledge of this subject, however, not this campus. National organizations are very protective of their trademark, however, and have a consistent policy nationwide.

But I can tell you that charters are pulled every day for less. Fraternities are an entirely different matter

I would be shocked if this indeed, ended up having anything to do with sorority in any way.

ETA: As far as pledges ( pretty sure they aren't even supposed to use this term anymore, officially) are not ever be asked, coerced etc to do anything that any upperclass member isn't asked to do. The rules have gotten so strict, in fact, that they can't even have more innocent activities aimed at new members. There is both good and bad in this, but it is what happens when people abuse the rules that were in place previously. JMO.

According to the sexual registry website.. the SAYLOR sex offender guy LIVES 200 feet from McGrady and then WORKS downtown 200 yards back the same road that would have taken Hannah back to 14th and Wertland. THAT is really creepy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89