VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe her parents and LE know something that we don't? If they say foul play they must be basing it on the fact that she hasn't contacted them?

I don't think a male police chief would know anything about women's intuition, no matter how well intentioned.
The bar video showed her trying to find something, IMO, whether she was trying to locate herself or see if she recognized anyone, or was just looking for the bouncer. Then I think one of two things may have happened (not discounting other ideas):
1. She decided to head towards the mall, and was trying to get there faster, or
2. She decided to head towards the mall, felt uneasy near the gas station, and started to jog--not run, because she would have been going on nothing but intuition. I.e. I don't see anything scary, but this feels scary, so I am going to cruise on out of here.

I didn't see the presser, only heard it. I thought the video at the gas station showed her running only. If she were pledging or something of the like and she had to get downtown to a certain place by a certain time or what-have-you then a full speed run isn't at all uncommon.

I don't discount intuition at all, but even the police chief himself said he didn't get the impression she was fearful, didn't he? If she were "lost" then was she lost because she couldn't figure something out, such as a clue to go to a particular place, find out it was elsewhere and then run to get there? Idk, it's the impression I get from what I heard from the presser.

Parker Slaybaugh @Parker8News · 1m
Many of you have said it's hard to see Hannah Graham running in the gas station video so I've tried to zoom in to... http://fb.me/2DbLPv2n2

I mean no disrespect, but how do we know Morgan was killed "so violently"? I thought that cause of death could not be determined? It could have been any number of factors.

I believe some of her bones were broken...?
I wondered if she had hit by a car, to be honest, at some point.

The tapes are constantly coming in as more is known about the direction Hannah traveled that night. I have no doubt they are being reviewed the moment they are made available to law enforcement. I think businesses are being contacted by police as police determine the direction in which she was headed, in other words, given a heads up to preserve the footage for review. AFAIK, cops haven't issued a request to every business in the city of Charlottesville to review their tapes for that period or later...but as the investigation goes forward, it becomes possible that surveillance on the completely other side of town might become relevant (like if she was spotted getting into a vehicle), but based on what's been firmly developed so far, that can't be determined yet.

Sigh. And the wheels of justice turn slowly. Meanwhile, she is out there and crucial evidence is lost every day that goes by. :(

If you know the area, you'd see she left the university area and walked through a blue-collar neighborhood, then came to McGrady's, then walked past the Shell. That road is all businesses, but a really weird mix, not really a strip. Then once she got to the Downtown Mall, that's a trendy area, but it's surrounded on one side by a nice residential area and on the other side by the area of Cville that is definitely less affluent/more crime, though some of that is being gentrified. I cannot imagine any sorority would send her that way when there would be so many other closer places on the Corner, close to the sorority houses and where she lives. Also rush is in the winter.

I don't know the area, but I do differ in opinion on what sorority's would do. Also, I'm not sure which rush you are referring to. The "informal" rush, the partying and a lot of "proving yourself", that was definitely scheduled to begin the first of September and may have lasted until the 15th if they do two weeks.

UVa's formal recruitment is in the spring. There is informal fall recruitment, but I think only a couple of sororities participated.

I mean no disrespect, but how do we know Morgan was killed "so violently"? I thought that cause of death could not be determined? It could have been any number of factors.
Her mother suggested that nearly every bone in her body was shattered.

...maybe as part of a sorority rush she was supposed to get time stamps from certain bars in a certain amount of time? Hence the weird map and running? ...and scheduled meet up time...
Just brainstorming ideas here...

Gil Morgan's mother to the media Morgan Harrington disappeared after attending a Metallica concert at the JPJ Arena last October. A farmer discovered her body on January 26 in a relatively remote area of his property. Forensic pathologists wasted little time declaring the missing woman’s death a homicide. Investigators have not disclosed the specific cause of death.

Police, however, released Morgan’s body to her family in February. Her parents believe broken bones made it evidently clear that their daughter suffered a violent death.

“A monster walks among you,” Morgan’s mother, Gil Harrington, told the media, “a violent, sadistic and dangerous man.”

FWIW, when I've been drinking and I'm on my way somewhere (usually home), I'll often break into a jog/run. I'm fairly energetic anyway and if it gets me from A to B quicker then I'm all for it.

Yes alcohol does give a boost of energy. In my drinking days my girlfriends and I would walk to the local bar on the water and drink a few bottles of wine and then race back to the apartment just for the heck of it.

I am new at posting so please understand if posting is redundant. Someone said it earlier about the cab or someone impersonating a cab driver. It seems like she was very disoriented in her direction but was earnestly trying to get "home". I wonder if when she finally got to the downtown mall and someone appeared to her as someone trying to "Help" her, whether a taxi impersonator or faux good samaritan she hopped in a vehicle and gave the general direction as 14th and Wertland. I feel as though that person sent the text to friends "to buy time" and have the friends not worry. I can't see many 18 year olds texting their friends saying they are lost "around 14th and Wertland". I feel as though they would say, "lost around so and so's house, or close to so and so's apartment". Just a thought. I pray she is found safe and sound.

Coy Barefoot ‏@coybarefoot 50s
#BREAKING #HannahGraham appears on multiple surveillance videos on downtown mall before she disappeared- and a source tells me (cont'd)
#BREAKING that she is clearly visible on those videos. walking with another as-yet-un ID'd female. #HoosGotYourBack #HannahGraham

https://twitter.com/coybarefoot/status/512340453107462144

Maybe the unidentified female is who Longo is alluding to, to come forward with information.

I believe some of her bones were broken...?
I wondered if she had hit by a car, to be honest, at some point.

IIRC, her parents, with a medical background, characterized her bones as "shattered"

There are a number of people on the patio as she walks by, around and out the other side of the patio.

What caught my attention is a (large) person/man (?) walking out from Grady Ave as Hannah first walks on Preston Ave across Grady towards McGradys, she comes very close to this person at the intersection of Preston & Grady...she continues towards the camera....THAT person goes right on Preston and disappears from view.

After Hannah does her walk around the patio and out the other side...she then goes the same way back up Preston the direction that person she passed had walked just a few minutes earlier.

Hoping I have made a bit of sense.

Bumping my own post to say...

The person I was referring to above comes into view starting around 1:21 in the news video at this link:
http://www.wric.com/story/26560241/police-reveal-new-details-video-in-search-for-hannah-graham

IIRC, her parents, with a medical background, characterized her bones as "shattered"

I was not trying to minimize anything. Just wondered if she may have been hit by a car, even intentionally, at first, to make it easier to abduct her.

I'm sorry if I missed it, was the gas station open or closed at the time she went by it? I'm just wondering since it was a Saturday night.

IMO, this has nothing to do with sorority recruitment or pledging.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member