VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem like that would make her start running suddenly near a gas station, plus I think someone would have told LE about it.

IMO, women's intuition is a strong thing. If someone was following her, she could have sensed it, then run simply to get to somewhere more populated.

Someone mentioned about the possibility of her running around having to do with a sorority. I think that's a very good possibility. I don't know if rush week lasts one or two weeks at UVA, but it began September 1st. If she received a bid during rush, then the timing seems to fit well with initiations. JMO

Someone mentioned about the possibility of her running around having to do with a sorority. I think that's a very good possibility. I don't know if rush week lasts one or two weeks at UVA, but it began September 1st. If she received a bid during rush, then the timing seems to fit well with initiations. JMO

When does recruitment start at U.Va. for the fraternities and sororities?
Informal recruitment for transfer, second, and third year students begins in the fall semester of each academic year for the Inter-sorority Council and the Inter-fraternity Council. The National Pan-Hellenic Council begins recruitment with a “Meet the Greeks” session in the first weeks of the fall semester. The various organizations of the Multicultural Greek Council recruit at different times throughout the year. Students interested in MGC or NPHC membership should contact the Council directly to find out about the recruitment timeline of specific organizations.

The Inter-Sorority Council Informal Recruitment Process will be held September 7-21, 2014. The Inter-Sorority Council Formal Recruitment Process will be January 10 – 19, 2015. More information about the ISC Recruitment Process can be found here.

http://www.virginia.edu/fsl/faq/

She was a second year student, so if she was not in a sorority, rush would not begin until next semester. If she was already in a sorority, I don't think she'd be involved in the crazy shenanigans associating with pledging.

The Shell Station is on the route from McGrady's to the Downtown Mall . . . . BUT it is on the other side of the street (a fairly busy street). If she was walking directly to the Mall, there would have been no reason for her to cross that street.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZduVc (Click to see map)

It looks like it's directly on the route from McGrady's to the Downtown Mall.

FWIW, when I've been drinking and I'm on my way somewhere (usually home), I'll often break into a jog/run. I'm fairly energetic anyway and if it gets me from A to B quicker then I'm all for it.

How did you all see such detail in the videos, I watched it live on two devices and sadly had a very hard time picking out any details. Anyone have a link to each full video?

The Shell Station is on the route from McGrady's to the Downtown Mall . . . . BUT it is on the other side of the street (a fairly busy street). If she was walking directly to the Mall, there would have been no reason for her to cross that street.

And if you watch the video she doesn't cross the street. You see her running on the other side of the street from the Shell station then slow down to a walk and she keeps heading east on Preston towards the downtown mall out of the view of the camera.

It doesn't seem like that would make her start running suddenly near a gas station, plus I think someone would have told LE about it.

IMO, women's intuition is a strong thing. If someone was following her, she could have sensed it, then run simply to get to somewhere more populated.

I didn't see the presser, only heard it. I thought the video at the gas station showed her running only. If she were pledging or something of the like and she had to get downtown to a certain place by a certain time or what-have-you then a full speed run isn't at all uncommon.

I don't discount intuition at all, but even the police chief himself said he didn't get the impression she was fearful, didn't he? If she were "lost" then was she lost because she couldn't figure something out, such as a clue to go to a particular place, find out it was elsewhere and then run to get there? Idk, it's the impression I get from what I heard from the presser.

I'm stuck on the tapes not all having been reviewed. What are they waiting for? :gaah:

The tapes are constantly coming in as more is known about the direction Hannah traveled that night. I have no doubt they are being reviewed the moment they are made available to law enforcement. I think businesses are being contacted by police as police determine the direction in which she was headed, in other words, given a heads up to preserve the footage for review. AFAIK, cops haven't issued a request to every business in the city of Charlottesville to review their tapes for that period or later...but as the investigation goes forward, it becomes possible that surveillance on the completely other side of town might become relevant (like if she was spotted getting into a vehicle), but based on what's been firmly developed so far, that can't be determined yet.

Unlikely. Merchants are voluntarily downloading their surveillance and sharing it with the investigators. It isn't done simultaneously and likely not outside regular business hours. There aren't warrants for this stuff. It is done on an individual basis, and requires the business owners to review the video and share it with police. Goodness, if Hannah were anywhere she would normally be found, I think we would know about it already.

It isn't a fast process. Considering most businesses only download when something happens. At my business I usually have to call in IT to get it to a disk. Last time we had an issue the sheriff took iPhone pictures of my video screen.

That said if something happens in my area, I always review the footage.

Honestly, I forget how the darn thing works most the time, which is a good thing. That means we don't need it much.

Hmmm...about the sorority party...
Good point... Maybe an initiation map of sorts? (Ie...she had to drink so many specific drinks ..and then try to gain entrance into certain bars? )..
Most likely not.. But still, worth looking into...

Prayers of strength to her family and friends...

If you know the area, you'd see she left the university area and walked through a blue-collar neighborhood, then came to McGrady's, then walked past the Shell. That road is all businesses, but a really weird mix, not really a strip. Then once she got to the Downtown Mall, that's a trendy area, but it's surrounded on one side by a nice residential area and on the other side by the area of Cville that is definitely less affluent/more crime, though some of that is being gentrified. I cannot imagine any sorority would send her that way when there would be so many other closer places on the Corner, close to the sorority houses and where she lives. Also rush is in the winter.

Not sure why her parents would want to jump to foul play...when it certainly looks like she could have taken a tumble and just not been found, for example. Foul play is the last place my mind would want to go.

Because we have had too many missing persons cases in Cville in recent years.

My own thought is that she was intoxicated, got lost, and had an accident. I hope they find her safely. If she's not okay, I hope it was an accident and not yet another murder. :(

This reminds me a lot of the Lauren Spierer case, and I am so hoping that this time the security cameras all in the area are carefully screened for any sightings of Hannah Graham. If she disappears in an area not monitored by camera, hopefully a radius around the last seen spot can be screened with every vehicle around there traced and people identified and questioned. A dragnet of sorts might be able to be drawn even if what happened is not on film. I always felt that more scrutiny of the cameras around where Lauren's last alleged sighting should have been done.

I read in the comments to a DM story that she is not in a sorority.The commenter was.annoyed at that inaccurate info.

I think MH parent's were there to support the family.They are now advocates for missing girls on campus since their daughter was killed so violently.They are truly good people.

I mean no disrespect, but how do we know Morgan was killed "so violently"? I thought that cause of death could not be determined? It could have been any number of factors.

I wonder why she walked around the pub and headed back the way she came? Was she lost? Was she going to meet someone there, didn't see them so kept going? She did not go inside......
This police chief is super!

Maybe she just needed to go to the bathroom and couldn't get in because she's not 21?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes