VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, my assumption is that he knows someone that was reviewing the mall tapes. They were probably in the process of reviewing them WHILE the press conference was going on, therefore the chief had not been briefed on their content yet.

He did mention that things could change 15 minutes from now....I've got no idea if the info is good or not but things do seem to be moving rapidly as more video is reviewed.

I see what you're saying now. Thanks!

See I was under the impression the PARENTS suspected foul play - I thought he had stated that at first he was worried when he saw her running but I assume he got over that worry. And as for the texts, I thought he said they did not seem to be panicky.

Yes, I was giving a brief summary of the parents' statement.

He is a very well known radio personality, so it is possible he knows someone that was reviewing the additional footage the chief was referring to that he hadn't seen yet.

Footage that the chief himself hasn't seen yet? :shame:

257 users viewing this thread right now. I guess somebody's doing SOMETHING right as far as exposure.

Agree to disagree. My conclusions are just that....mine. Reasonable or not in someone elses opinion.

I guess you're right then. He shouldn't encourage people with information to call the tip line until every single witness has been vetted and interviewed by the police.

All of the tapes haven't even been reviewed yet. How can this be? For all we know, she could have ended up back at her apartment and the searchers are on a wild goose chase!

I know her parents sent a message....was wondering why MH's parents were there....

I think MH parent's were there to support the family.They are now advocates for missing girls on campus since their daughter was killed so violently.They are truly good people.

Me neither...

http://i.imgur.com/nZmbhzy.jpg
So here's Morgan Harrington's suspect (minus hair and a tweak to his beard) along with a violent sex offender and drug dealer who is the only sex offender that lives around the corner where Hannah Graham was last seen. He fits the height and weight as well, and his MO is the same as the woman assaulted in 2005 they linked to Morgan's case. So seeing as how he was possibly spotted not long after Hannah's disappearance, the possibility is the same perp (along with these other facts) make me raise my eyebrow quite inquisitively.
http://i.imgur.com/skaYYDc.jpg
This is where he lives and works

I wish they would offer blanket immunity to anyone who may have been doing something that could result in a misdemeanor charge (i.e. drinking underage, using a fake id to get into a bar, stuff like that) if they come forward with what they know as long as the weren't involved in harming Hannah.

I wish they would offer blanket immunity to anyone who may have been doing something that could result in a misdemeanor charge (i.e. drinking underage, using a fake id to get into a bar, stuff like that) if they come forward with what they know as long as the weren't involved in harming Hannah.

They usually do if it helps the investigation and is not something severe but it is not known by these kids so yes they should make a statement about that. Good point.

Someone mentioned about the possibility of her running around having to do with a sorority. I think that's a very good possibility. I don't know if rush week lasts one or two weeks at UVA, but it began September 1st. If she received a bid during rush, then the timing seems to fit well with initiations. JMO

All of the tapes haven't even been reviewed yet. How can this be? For all we know, she could have ended up back at her apartment and the searchers are on a wild goose chase!

Unlikely. Merchants are voluntarily downloading their surveillance and sharing it with the investigators. It isn't done simultaneously and likely not outside regular business hours. There aren't warrants for this stuff. It is done on an individual basis, and requires the business owners to review the video and share it with police. Goodness, if Hannah were anywhere she would normally be found, I think we would know about it already.

Not sure why her parents would want to jump to foul play...when it certainly looks like she could have taken a tumble and just not been found, for example. Foul play is the last place my mind would want to go.

Someone mentioned about the possibility of her running around having to do with a sorority. I think that's a very good possibility. I don't know if rush week lasts one or two weeks at UVA, but it began September 1st. If she received a bid during rush, then the timing seems to fit well with initiations. JMO

You mean something like a scavenger hunt? Hmmm. I wonder if O'Grady's has printed matchbooks/coasters/napkins etc. I could see how that might easily be an item on a college town list.

I'm stuck on the tapes not all having been reviewed. What are they waiting for? :gaah:

Unlikely. Merchants are voluntarily downloading their surveillance and sharing it with the investigators. It isn't done simultaneously and likely not outside regular business hours. There aren't warrants for this stuff. It is done on an individual basis, and requires the business owners to review the video and share it with police. Goodness, if Hannah were anywhere she would normally be found, I think we would know about it already.

But hurry up!!! That's all I'm saying. Really. This is someone's daughter! Oh good grief.

Three things came out of that news conference that I found very interesting.
1. She had three roommates.
2. Chief Longo stressed that this is Charlottesville PD's case and that MH's case was never a CPD case.
3. JMO, but HG did not look sloppy drunk to me.

Now, if it turns out that she can be seen on video at the DTMall with an UID female, I would ask, "Why hasn't that female come forward and was she just some random woman in the area, an acquaintance of HG or some type of a lure to get HG into a car with others. In MH's case, I have always wondered if there could have been a woman involved in getting MH to leave in a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95