VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or meeting minutes from today, in which we uncovered:

1. Undercover agents had coffee at Starbucks today
2. LE uses black gloves in search warrants and they don't turn purple in the sunlight (thanks Margarita)
3. Our POI went to the DMV
4. Lawyers cost money

I'm not being snarky in the least; I participated in all of these conversations...I just find it funny that we are all so analytical, and that is a GOOD thing, and why we are here. :)

6. Longo is angling for his own show on CNN?

Yes but Longo said in PC he thinks JM killed her, imo. So not the same as average witness.

Sorry in advance for shouting :( NO LONGO DID NOT. He said he believes JM was the last person TO SEE HANNAH.

I think I'm going to give myself another time out. :(

WTOP.com published a 2012 photo of JLM, and I thought I'd include it with the sketch and poster photos

He was hired at UVA in August of 2012. That photo on the left looks like one from an employee badge. If so, someone at UVA has some 'splainin' to do

Major speculation here but I am wondering if there is any significance to the fact that forensics aren't in yet. I am a scientist who does DNA analysis but certainly not in criminal cases. As someone pointed out earlier, DNA analyses can sometimes be completed quite speedily, depending on sample conditions and of course lab priority. Let's say that 40 items of evidence were taken from JM's car and residence. DNA comparisons are being run , run, and run, and so far, there are no matches to HG. I can't help but think if there *had* been a hit, it would be known by now; whereas no hit means re-sampling, re-amplifying, and re-running the comparison. 100% deep-fried speculation, but still.

Yes. That is correct. PC, not evidence.

Right. The purpose of the search warrant is to discover evidence...within reason. The warrant is fairly specific about what you are to look for. JMO

Re the dog - OMG there have to be a zillion reporters and news vans and nosey people outside - I'd leave with my dog too. Can you imagine getting your dog to "go potty" in that sort of situation? Lol. Not to mention the barking would be annoying as heck.

Sorry in advance for shouting :( NO LONGO DID NOT. He said he believes JM was the last person TO SEE HANNAH.

I think I'm going to give myself another time out. :(

The poster said "imo", clearly they meant their interpretation of what Longo said was that JM killed Hananh.

'
This case is not far from DC. He'll have lawyers coming of the woodwork to work it Pro-Bono.

Get all the TV time, and make a name for themselves.

Or she knew him from before, recognized him and called his name so he turned around and said "oh hey Hannah" and put his arm around her waist. Also plausible. Too bad surveillance video doesn't have sound.

I wish we knew what WG said to police. I wonder if it was the group of guys behind her that drew the attention of both men, or she was unsteady, or...? It seems to me to be a bit coincidental that two men suddenly noticed her and started following/approaching after she'd been wandering alone for such a long time, and I do not believe they were in any sort of cahoots. Nobody seemed to take any sort of notice of her at McGrady's. Why all of a sudden in the same place, at the same time did two people take a sudden interest?

At McGrady's people were too busy drinking but I did notice that most of the people were staring at her

I recall reading or hearing in a press conference that the reason Jesse Mathew came to the police station on Saturday was because he wanted to inquire if it was legal for LE to overtly follow him, and LE told him YES, it is legal. He then asked to consult with an attorney, they found him one, they chatted, and then he left.

I can't seem to find a link that works but I am pretty sure Longo said it in the press conference yesterday.

Behind... but I believe this was speculation on this board.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

IMO, I feel like LE was a day late and a dollar short with this Wanted poster, but that's a done deal now.

Just a thought...if JM is in fact guilty of this crime, could he be hiding wherever he hid Hannah or her remains? He would know that it is a location that LE doesn't know. I mean, he can't just go hide out with family or friends...can he? If so, could they then be charged too at this point?

JM walking into the police station and not be willing to talk and also going to the DMV, those both feel a bit like taunting to me. Ugh.

I am just baffled by this case. I am nervous about what's around the corner.

I am deeply sorry for the family and friends of Hannah.

I do find myself feeling sorry for the friends and family of JM too, clearly they could not have seen this coming and if he did do the crime, it is not on them...they likely would be suffering too.

My Opinion Only!

just exploring all avenues here, could HG have been looking for a night route bus? What's the schedule of Cville's night route heading back to campus? was she walking in the direction of, or away from, a bus/trolley stop when she walked down the mall? Was she following a route when she was walking, and simply kept walking because no bus was walking? Thanks this if this is at all possible based on your knowledge of Cville

The large Cville transit center is very near to where she was last seen. She could have been headed there.

I agree that running is foolish, but his photo and name have just been made public across the entire nation in connection with a possible murder case--of a white girl. I would think a person might well run in terror if he is innocent, black, and thinks he is being railroaded. I'm not saying he IS bring railroaded, mind you--only that if he is innocent and FEELS he's being railroaded, I can see his response being to flee in fear. Not the smartest thing to do, but who can explain the actions that fear inspires? JMO.

Again, LE isn't going to be so adamant and brazen about his involvement if they didn't have evidence to support their suspicion. The DA would NOT let that happen if it wasn't pretty clear who committed this crime. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom