VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Hannah's blood was found in JM's car or apartment, he would be under arrest for suspicion of causing her harm, or murder. In a case without a body, often blood/signs of a crime scene is the best they can do. Especially if he denies having her in his car or home, or denies any sexual contact which could result in blood. This is why they want a statement, Imo.

But if he never took her to his home (which I doubt he would, not living alone) and nothing more than a hair or two show up in his car, if that, where does LE go from there? Even if he lies about having her in his car, that is at best obstruction, Imo. I think they need either his car or home to clearly reflect a crime
Scene, or to find Hannah very quickly and hope evidence is with her, for this case to go anywhere.

As Eileen H. posted earlier...many of the "major" cases in recent times remain unsolved or had acquittals, from OJ and Casey Anthony, to Jon Benet, Natalee Holloway, Madeline M. Etc

Jmo

BBM - Agreed

Would anyone in the UK know what "greens" are? Being from the south I've always assumed this term was a southern US thing. When I see greens referred to in cooking shows they call them turnip greens or whatever. Never "greens." This indicates to me the DM did talk to someone from the south at the very least.

She may not have known she was the first to put his name out there. She could have easily been tricked into thinking that the DM already knew his name for sure, that they would be printing anyway. Jmo

I walked that street countless times. FAST it takes a half an hour from McGrady's to the Downtown Mall - that means RUNNING....not jogging, stopping, talking on phone - running fast. If you are lost, lordy, you don't run to the Downtown Mall from the gas station where we saw her running. The Downtown Mall is way, way down a hill after the gas station and then up another a hill. In fact, it is not obvious that one is reaching the Downtown Mall when you get to the bottom of Preston as there is a County building and other Office buildings all around. And it is dark, very dark between the gas station and the Downtown Mall. I don't have a list of the time stamps in front of me to break it down. Perhaps I will try to do that for everyone tonight. That will be some work. But I know almost every corner of Preston Ave. She ran past Bodo's, Reid's and the County Building (which was a former High School - Lane). It is not really "lots of open businesses" all the way down to the where she ended up Downtown.

Unless the map I was using is wrong, the distance between the two is less than a mile. She was an athlete, hill or not, she likely could cover a mile in under 30 minutes. the average runner can run 6-7 miles an hour. A 2mph pace is quite slow on any kind of paved surface. Google maps says it would take 19 minutes walking.

I am bringing this link forward that I posted earlier in the day for those who are coming on line tonight and may have missed it.

Charlottesville police have released a wanted poster in their search for Jesse "LJ" Matthew, the person they say was last seen with missing Northern Virginia native Hannah Graham.

Matthew, 32, was last seen speeding away from state police troopers Saturday after showing up at the Charlottesville police station. He left without talking to detectives after asking for a lawyer, police Chief Timothy Longo said Sunday.
He is wanted for two counts of reckless driving, and is possibly using his sister's light blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC-4575.

Police say Matthew has associations to the D.C. area, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New York.

Charlottesville police say they are awaiting forensic lab results today after searches of Matthew's apartment and car. The chief has said police are aware of the similarities between the disappearance of Graham, an 18-year-old West Potomac High School graduate and University of Virginia student, and the 2009 murder of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington, who disappeared at a concert in Charlottesville.

Investigators have matched DNA in the Harrington case to an unsolved rape in Fairfax city in 2005. The suspect in that case matches Matthew's description. Click here for the FBI's composite sketch.

Anyone with information is asked to call the 24-hour tip line at 434-295-3851.

http://m.insidenova.com/headlines/u...1c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html?mode=jqm

C'ville resident and first time poster here - be gentle. ;)

It's only 1/2 mile from the Shell station to the downtown mall and less than .2 miles from the Shell station to McGrady's. A determined walker can walk that in less than 15 minutes, easy. The video of her in front of the Shell station shows her running (we don't know for how long) so less than 10 minutes from McGrady's to the downtown mall would be entirely reasonable.

I do agree that it's dark and there wouldn't be many (if any) open businesses between the Shell station and the downtown mall. Plus, some sketchy neighborhoods on either side of Preston in that area...

:Welcome1:

And his other statements (according to LE) turned out to be false.

What statements of WG were false?

If you mean his description of the man who put his arm around Hannah, I think inaccurate is the appropriate word. False means deliberately untrue. Eyewitness descriptions are extremely unreliable, so that is not unusual or surprising.

Perhaps you think this man intended his description to mislead LE and therefore have characterized it as false. Why would this eyewitness do that? Do you think he is involved in Hannah's disappearance?

I wonder if he was applying for an international driver's license? It can be used instead of a passport.

Where can it be used? Are you thinking of the enhanced drivers license that can be used by residents of border states to enter Mexico, Canada and for Caribbean cruises?

Would anyone in the UK know what "greens" are? Being from the south I've always assumed this term was a southern US thing. When I see greens referred to in cooking shows they call them turnip greens or whatever. Never "greens." This indicates to me the DM did talk to someone from the south at the very least.
greens would be understood to mean vegetables in uk (peas etc)

BombShell Tonight !!!

Chief Longo is doing an interview with Nancy Grace right now.

She allowed him to say one sentence and then cut to her lawyer panel. She is now attacking the lawyers on her panel for being stupid.

Oh heaven help us. I feel like holding up crossed index fingers.

Wait until Nancy starts being Nancy...Longo will look subdued.

Ya know, I really loved NG until the Casey Anthony trial. Her show changed after that and became a loud, chaotic, free for all, screaming match. JVM grates on my very nerve endings, however.

What statements of WG were false?

If you mean his description of the man who put his arm around Hannah, I think inaccurate is the appropriate word. False means deliberately untrue. Eyewitness descriptions are extremely unreliable, so that is not unusual or surprising.

Perhaps you think this man intended his description to mislead LE and therefore have characterized it as false. Why would this eyewitness do that? Do you think he is involved in Hannah's disappearance?

That is a theory many have not ruled out.

Where can it be used? Are you thinking of the enhanced drivers license that can be used by residents of border states to enter Mexico, Canada and for Caribbean cruises?

look in the 4 corners of the nation, and beyond :thinking:

One of my concerns is that maybe she has a neighbor that is to blame. He would know her habits. If she did not have a roommate she would be very vulnerable to a late night attack in her own building.

See that is what I was kind of onto. I detected an attitude when she left the building, or when I saw those two people down the hallway that she looked so weird at. (I am not saying it was them) But to me, it seems like she was buying time to keep from going home.

Collard Greens. They are delicious.

Can someone tell me how far HG was from her apartment? Also, what kind of complex did she live in? Did she have roommates? If these questions have been answered please let me know which forum I need to be re-directed to. The reason I am asking is because perhaps she decided to go home. Got lost and decided to call it a night, heck she had been walking for awhile. She was probably possible sobering up. Maybe her phone finally died and she said the heck with it. One of my concerns is that maybe she has a neighbor that is to blame. He would know her habits. If she did not have a roommate she would be very vulnerable to a late night attack in her own building.

Her address has been held back, but she did have roommate, three I believe? She apparently lives near the intersection she texted as to being lost in, someplace near "fraternity row" but was not near there, when she seemed to think she was. So much is unclear, especially with regards to the texts. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel