VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What statements of WG were false?

If you mean his description of the man who put his arm around Hannah, I think inaccurate is the appropriate word. False means deliberately untrue. Eyewitness descriptions are extremely unreliable, so that is not unusual or surprising.

Perhaps you think this man intended his description to mislead LE and therefore have characterized it as false. Why would this eyewitness do that? Do you think he is involved in Hannah's disappearance?

I mean false. As in "not true". I didn't mean to imply anything regarding his intent because for all we know, the police altered his statement. Either way, what we've heard about what he said is in doubt, IMO.

To answer your other question, I don't know who's involved in Hannah's disappearance. Nobody does, though some seem to think they do. I just wish I had enough blind faith in LE to completely rule out WG in my mind, but I don't so I want to know their reasoning.

Thanks for asking for clarification instead of assuming what I meant. I am open to the possibility of anyone being innocent or guilty. I think everyone involved should be scrutinized.

Yeah, I am with the CA on this one. If they have all the info and don't think they have enough for a warrant, then a magistrate sure as heck isn't going to issue either.

It's the DA's job to get a conviction and if they don't think they have enough, we have to trust them. It doesn't mean LE doesn't have ample evidence, but the DA has to be convinced that they can get a conviction. And even then, sometimes ... Casey Anthony.

sigh.

Again, DNA results don't take that long. I, personally, believe they have the results.

We have covered many cases here for years where the DNA forensic evidence taken in a SW did take a long time. Up to 8 weeks and more at times and that includes recent cases as well. The labs are flooded/baglogged with other cases as well.

But getting the tests results back by tomorrow like Longo has said is really a very short period of time. It will not consist of everything that was sent but all they have to do is test one or two items and if they have a DNA match belonging to Hannah and maybe comingled with MJ then... Bingo.

The other items at the lab will come back in the next few weeks and some even take months.

In fact in the Cesar Lauren trial the DA did not receive the DNA results on the murder weapon until 17 days before trial.

It may move quicker in other areas of testing but forensic testing has always taken quite sometime.

IMO

I'm wondering if maybe IDs were still in his car when it was impounded. I know that a lot of folks (probably people more normal than me) take theirs inside, but I must confess that mine is always in my car. If someone were to impound my car tonight, I'd be out of luck, as they would have my DL and my wallet.

I missed the part about how we know he went to the DMV recently, though. Just saw it posted a lot.

So why go to DMV to get a DL?
I went and checked court records, he had a valid one in June when he was stopped for no rear view mirror.
You need a valid DL to rent a car?
A replacement DL for a lost one?
To buy a plane ticket?
What else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Random Thoughts :thinking:

1) Perhaps Hannah recognized Jesse that night? After all, she was a nursing student, and he worked at the UVA medical center.

2) Perhaps Hannah did not recognize him that evening, but as they started to chat, and he told her he worked at the UVA medical center, she could have felt somewhat comfortable and safe with him.

Just throwing out these thoughts. Prayers for Hannah to come home soon. :twocents:

IMHO

Makista, This sounds totally intriguing. Can you elaborate? People down the hallway that she looked weird at
I posted it in the above post on post #1085

It's the DA's job to get a conviction and if they don't think they have enough, we have to trust them. It doesn't mean LE doesn't have ample evidence, but the DA has to be convinced that they can get a conviction. And even then, sometimes ... Casey Anthony.

sigh.

Yep, I agree.

Sorry to simply jump in here - I followed the case on the news so far.

What I don't understand is - LE is appealing to the guy with the dreadlocks to come forward and talk with them, but he isn't. Isn't that a very strong indication that he is likely involved in HG's disappearance? He is obviously hiding, right?

Also, LE talked to him before, if I got that right, why did they let him go and didn't question him further then?

Grandma is responsible for leaking his identity.

Yeah. That was bad.

However, knowing a bit about how the Daily Fail functions, & that it has deep pockets, I suspect it (Daily Mail/Fail) told grandma that it would publish name anyway, but offered $$$ for her side of the story.

It wouldn't be the first time.

What I don't understand is - LE is appealing to the guy with the dreadlocks to come forward and talk with them, but he isn't. Isn't that a very strong indication that he is likely involved in HG's disappearance? He is obviously hiding, right?

Also, LE talked to him before, if I got that right, why did they let him go and didn't question him further then?

They had to let him go. There was nothing to even try to hold him on.

I agree. I think if he is guilty, it was a basic pick-up turned into a sex crime. No associates, etc. just JM. And he won't be talking, so LE needs to operate as with any uncooperative suspect. It is a joke to me that they say they just want to "talk" to him and means nothing that they do not call him a "suspect". Jmo

This is exactly what I think happened as well. I don't think he set out that night on the prowl for a girl to abduct and murder. I think that he wanted to hook up, things got out of hand when she wasn't willing, and somehow she died. He hid her body. I believe that LE has some pretty compelling evidence that she was in his car, since afterall, them seeking out the car is what led to him.

I think Hannah is in a storage facility or room of some sort. Possibly a storage unit he rents or one that someone he knows does, or maybe a rarely used utility room. If so, I hope he tries to move her to a better hiding spot and gets caught.

Edit: MOO

LE are clearly focused on JM...and no one else.

Tunnel vision.

Yes and Longo during the Presser stated, "Do not get tunnel vision" however I too feel they are caught up with just <modsnip> [JM] and I think that could be a big mistake. Whether he is guilty or not, until they are certain, they need to keep open their options and keep an open mind. I hope they are sure of what they know. IMHO

What potential serial killer has a dog named popcorn?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don;t know. Hitler had a dog named Blondi!

I have no doubt the lawyer advised him that he would go with him to speak to LE if that is what he wanted to do. Imo, it was JM's idea to say nothing and quickly leave the building.

If he told the lawyer he was innocent then the lawyer would advise him that the best thing he could do is have an attorney present and tell all he knew about the night he was with Hannah.

That would be the only way to get LE off his back.

Now the lawyer may have listened to JM and didn't believe him for one second and told him not to speak but if he came across as truthful there would be no reason the lawyer would advise him to hide and elude police.

That is just asking for more trouble and a lawyer knows that.

IMO

The lawyer would not advise him that he would go with him to speak with the police if that's what he wanted to do. The lawyer would advise him to say nothing.

I asked my law partner about this (he's a criminal defense lawyer and is on the alternate defender panel for LA County). he said he would advise any client or potential client in such a situation to not talk to LE at all, ever. He would, however, answer written questions on behalf of the client.

You have no doubt that the lawyer would work for free? IMO, that was not the case.

I actually do not know one criminal defense attorney who wouldn't give free advice to a guy like this if asked. Actually representing him for free is another matter but most defendants in high profile cases and even suspects get attorneys to work for them for free. It's free advertising. They love it.

It is difficult, yes. I remember the Lori Hacking case, it took them a while. Very sad. :(

Not just difficult. Almost impossible. Lori Hacking's body was found after two straight months of digging and they knew exactly what part of the massive landfill to look in. It took 16 days to find Jennifer Blagg, using global positioning technology, landfill logs, a grid system and zeroing in on quadrants where investigators believed they'd find trash from the killer's company. But the little girl, Abby, age 6, was never found. She remains in the trash heap.

They knew about where Jhessye Shockley's body would likely be found in the landfill. Her body was searched for in the landfill for months, She has never been found.

I don't think that is her turning around. I think one picture is her entering the hallway and the other is her leaving the hallway. I don't see any weird looks either.

Opps, forgot to quote. That was in reply to the post that the two still pictures of her in the apartment hallway showed her turning around in huff after seeing two other people at the end of the hall.

sigh.

<modsnip>

I think the DA should wait until some of the forensics is back.

IMO

1) Perhaps Hannah recognized Jesse that night? After all, she was a nursing student, and he worked at the UVA medical center.

Link to citation that she was a nursing student? UVA directory (www.virginia.edu -> search people) shows her as an undergraduate in the College of Arts & Sciences... Not the nursing school...

I keep hoping for Hannah's parents sake there is a resolution to this soon - they showed the video of Hannah on Nancy Grace and it looked totally different to me tonight, she looks lost and confused and is trying to figure out how to get home, did anyone else see that? At first I thought she was looking for someone, but tonight seeing it over again, she looks scared.

They didn't have anything to charge him with/hold him on at that point. Hence, the reckless driving charge.

There was a whole two thread discussion last night between those who are ready to convict him because he doesn't want to give up his constitutional rights and who automatically assume it implies guilt if he a) seeks counsel and b) doesn't want to speak with them until he is represented by counsel...and those who feel like maybe we should wait to see what the evidence tells us before we convict him. Just depends which camp you are in as to what you believe.

IIRC, threads 7 & 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13