VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, new here. I live in a college town. First, it's not that unusual to see older males leering at young college women. Saturday night on Main Street is (pardon the term) meat market, and some older men either come to look or pick up young women. Second, it's also not that unusual to see a young woman (and I know this is awful) wandering around drunk and disoriented. You'd be on the phone wiht the police often.

But are they considering anyone who may currently fit that description? Especially one who is friends with JM?

I thought the description was incorrectly given by white man of JM (shaved head, dark pants). BTW, do we have any info on that white man? Why would he be walking around the "mall" ducking in doorways with time to watch, follow, pause at 1:00 or after in the morning? HG was walking with purpose, even JM was walking like he was going somewhere. Something bugs me about the white guy and why he was even there at the time and why he continued to follow.

WTOP.com published a 2012 photo of JLM, and I thought I'd include it with the sketch and poster photos

Respectfully, may I point out that the above sketch comes from another case. Hannah's disappearance, & subsequent discussions here are complicated enough.

(I do understand why people are looking for similarities)

It's post #661, on thread #9. I'm on a (so-called) "smart"phone which which won't let me copy it over. Can anyone help? I'm alerting mod.

I'm going back to find the very useful timeline/video/media links post by Bakerlady (?? I think) & would like to request that it be stickied at the top of the thread.
The post cannot be added to the beginning of the thread now, but it can be added as a quote to the beginning of the next thread.

In the meantime, I have copied the post to the Media and Timeline Thread.

Does anyone know that he was renewing license? Most of the time, you do not get a new photo taken for renewal here in va. Dmv also issues photo id cards. Maybe he was getting one of those for some reason. Or a replacement for a lost license. It would make sense that when le showed up, they asked everyone in his apartment for id, he had none to show police, and went to dmv to get one.

Yesterday, I was stunned by the tone of the PC, as it sounded like Longo was far too personal in his obvious desire to "get" JM and came very close to accusing him of murder (face of earth comment) and said he "hoped" forensics would show JM to be guilty, more or less. I thought it was at best, an unusual approach, nothing like we normally see.

Now with losing track of him, bad descriptions from the start, putting his SS# out there and maybe more, I am questioning competency of this LE. I hope to be proven wrong. But since Imo there is no chance now of JM speaking, they have a lot of work to do draw the line between Hannah having been with JM, maybe even in his car or home, and killing her. We know he touched her, we saw that. So incidental contact may complicate things. We know she went into a bar with him, so maybe she liked him and went home with him...we can't say it is impossible. This could be a terribly ugly trial, if they can bring charges. And since I feel that if he is guilty that he alone knows where Hannah is, she may never be found. I hope LE can make a strong case despite all of these factors. Defense may have a lot to work with.

All jmo

If you ask Bakerlady nicely maybe she can add a link to her post in her sig, that would be one easy way to find it? In fact I'm going to add it to mine.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry blefuscu, I didn't see how thoroughly you'd already been skooled on your "overts" and "coverts" when I corrected your post :floorlaugh:

No more lagging behind for me, I'm caught up now...

I don't know if this POI was the last person to be seen with Hannah or not...but FPS, he walks into a police station, demands an attorney then walks out without any explanation? There's a girl missing here!!! If that is in fact him in the video...then tell LE what "little" he knows. That's what an upstanding citizen would do. If it wasn't him, then say...hey that's not me. But to say NOTHING when there's someone's child who is out there lost, no, sorry...I'm not particularly interested in what happens to Mr. Matthew. jmo

what about when Longo says he wants to talk to him because he believes Matthews is the last person to be with HG before she apparently stepped off the face of the earth...?

"Stepped off the face of the earth" was a very poor choice of words in my opinion. Reasonable people could interpret that as a factual disclosure on the one hand or an emotional outburst on the other. Either way, not very helpful under the circumstances. Again, IMO.

I really don't think the ID thing is all that significant other than the fact that he may have been trying to prevent a charge for having an expired license. He might have at the time been trying NOT to give LE any reason to take him in at this time and perhaps his ID had lapsed or he lost it.

I live in Virginia, lost my ID and just never got around to getting a new one during that time. It was about 4 months and I used my passport (and really only needed it when getting carded for booze). I imagine if I got pulled over during this time (or in other trouble with the cops who asked me for it to prove who I was), they would have said, take care of this in the next few days or you will get a ticket. I finally only got a new one when I was recruited for a new job.

Last time I gave up a drivers license was when I was in a new bar...and then required it to run a tab... :thinking: if he walked left his license behind on that night?

I see what looks to be the awning in the second picture. Perhaps the first is just the awning. Very good observation though:) Thanks. EDITED: my reply was for the poster quoted on #413 above.

:thinking: Interesting timing if one changed their appearance after 9/19/14?

Maybe he did have shorter hair in his previous DL pic and his longer hair could be weaves or hair extensions?

IDK. I just need to catch up here. These threads are moving like a fast chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor