VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadlocks to me, (but then I don't live in the US) are not the same as braids. I'm going to go and have another look at the available photos, but from memory, I'd call his hair "braids". My definition of Dreads can't be removed/put back at will.
Dreads and braids are definitely different. LJ has dreads. I have never heard of anyone putting synthetic dreads on their head, but synthetic braids, yes.

I don't know if this POI was the last person to be seen with Heather or not...but FPS, he walks into a police station, demands an attorney then walks out without any explanation? There's a girl missing here!!! If that is in fact him in the video...then tell LE what "little" he knows. That's what an upstanding citizen would do. If it wasn't him, then say...hey that's not me. But to say NOTHING when there's someone's child who is out there lost, no, sorry...I'm not particularly interested in what happens to Mr. Matthew. jmo

Are you speaking of Hannah Graham, the subject of this thread? JMO

I don't know if this POI was the last person to be seen with Heather or not...but FPS, he walks into a police station, demands an attorney then walks out without any explanation? There's a girl missing here!!! If that is in fact him in the video...then tell LE what "little" he knows. That's what an upstanding citizen would do. If it wasn't him, then say...hey that's not me. But to say NOTHING when there's someone's child who is out there lost, no, sorry...I'm not particularly interested in what happens to Mr. Matthew. jmo

LE stated they HAD spoken to JM on Friday and they wished to speak to him again. He may or may not have already told LE everything he knows. And talking to police without a lawyer when you are the #1 suspect in a missing person's case would be incredibly stupid of him.

A wanted poster for a traffic violation.

Ok. I admit it. I found myself about 40 pages behind (prob more by now lol) and just skipped over to this thread.

That said, did anyone mention the date of the photo? On the poster it says photo date 9/19/2014. And I'm willing to be if we could zoom out a bit, we'd see hash marks on the wall marked in inches.

That is a mugshot. From the 19th. Friday.

Ok. I admit it. I found myself about 40 pages behind (prob more by now lol) and just skipped over to this thread.

That said, did anyone mention the date of the photo? On the poster it says photo date 9/19/2014. And I'm willing to be if we could zoom out a bit, we'd see hash marks on the wall marked in inches.

That is a mugshot. From the 19th. Friday.

It is a DMV picture.

My daughter has dreads. She's into the alternative scene (as we call it in the UK, I'm not sure what people in the USA would call it). Anyway, the last time she had her dreads done it took well over 7 hours for her and her friend to do them.

what about when Longo says he wants to talk to him because he believes Matthews is the last person to be with HG before she apparently stepped off the face of the earth...?

How is that defamation?

For those speculating about a change in appearance causing him to go to the DMV, if he changed his appearance to avoid something (I think that's what's being implied, but I'm not quite sure), why on earth would he go to the DMV where he would likely be recorded and noted, etc., to then have his photo taken in an official capacity. I just don't understand where that line of thinking is going...

I found out today that the Find Hannah Graham FB page is not run by her family or friends, and that not only that, the people running the page are not in any kind of contact with her family and friends. I was sort of surprised, since I had previously believed that it was started by friends and that they knew the family or had been in touch with her family in some way. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it does make me look at some of the information in a different light.

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham

It's under "ATTENTION ALL MEDIA REQUESTS" -- "This is not a family run site. This site is ran by five administrators. We have not had any contact with the family or friends therefore we do not have any contact information to give you to speak with them."

whats the theory with the dreads
he chopped them off Thursday, reattached them Friday and took them off again sat :laughing:

Its HANNAH

LE stated they HAD spoken to JM on Friday and they wished to speak to him again. He may or may not have already told LE everything he knows. And talking to police without a lawyer when you are the #1 suspect in a missing person's case would be incredibly stupid of him.

POI was provided an attorney at the police station on Saturday and he still left w/o speaking with police. So using the excuse that it is wise not to speak w/o an attorney present has run its course, IMO. He has been provided an attorney at his request, so now he needs to speak. I'm sure when they spoke to him during the car search warrant it was not in depth and was more like, "we've got a warrant to search your car, so we're doing that now." Otherwise they wouldn't be so desperate to speak to him again.

Would he have to change his address on his licence? His lease is almost up on his apartment. Could be have been changing the address details? (We have our address on our licence in the UK)

I found out today that the Find Hannah Graham FB page is not run by her family or friends, and that not only that, the people running the page are not in any kind of contact with her family and friends. I was sort of surprised, since I had previously believed that it was started by friends and that they knew the family or had been in touch with her family in some way. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it does make me look at some of the information in a different light.

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham

It's under "ATTENTION ALL MEDIA REQUESTS" -- "This is not a family run site. This site is ran by five administrators. We have not had any contact with the family or friends therefore we do not have any contact information to give you to speak with them."

True, I think it's often the case, same with the Help Find Morgan D H page, of which I'm an admin, but her father was later made admin also

I'm sorry for your loss.

It this case, IMO, his words don't match his actions. How did he know she was distressed? I didn't hear anything about catcalls. When HG came onto the video, WG was looking at his phone. Then he started to follow her before she even passed him. I don't understand when he determined that she was distressed.

I would love to rule him out, and will do so happily once we have more information or if LE officially states that he is NOT a poi. But based on video alone, combined with what we have heard from LE so far, I don't see any reason to rule him out at this point.

With all due respect to all those who wish to view interior motives to " wg's" behaviour...

I wish..truly wish..that someone had tried to ensure the safety of our loved one on the night she was murdered... In our case, an involved witness was able to provide excellant testimony leading up to the Arrest and conviction of those responsible...
He witnessed aberrant behaviour and was able to recount details...he NEVER thought it would end up in murder...
There is a show called " what would you do" that provides different scenarios in reacting to crime etc....
Apply it here to WG...
If I was a person walking in a pedestrian mall and heard a group of people cAtcalling/ antagonizing a Lone young female and it elevated to appoint of being threatening...I think I would have done exactly what WG did...it's not creepy..it's exemplerary...most people wouldn't care...
He watched her until he thought she was safe with someone she knew...he tried...more than most would...
We have no context for the actions released on tape...it May come across as creepy without sound/or context..in my view it was protective and I would hope others would try to protect our youngsters as well...I feel so sorry for this man as I do for the witness in our case...there will always be this cloud hanging there.." I might have changed fate somehow, if only..."
But what has happened has happened and this possibly Good Samaritan will have to live with the fact that even though his intentions were good, not only was he judged wrongly, but that evil prevailed over good that night...
This is all my IMO...

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/apa/4615326826.html

This ad on craigslist is for 164-1 Hessian Hills Way, Charlottesville, VA.

It was posted on August 12, 2014 and the apartment is available October 4, 2014.

This gives the landlord enough time for a 30 day notice as required by law, and also time to clean up and repair as necessary.

IFThis is JLM's apartment then that would mean he has been preparing to move, and likely already had a place lined up.

9/13
Hannah (HG) went missing.
9/19
JLM had his home and car searched and
JLM went to the DMV and renewed his license.
9/20
JLM was named publicly as a POI.
JLM went to the police station and asked to speak to a lawyer. He did not speak to LE or give any new information.
JLM drove off at a high rate of speed putting others in danger.

If JLM is guilty of foul play it would seem like it would be 'one last hurrah' before moving and evading detection.

Did he get brave because he planned on moving out of town soon? and thought no one would be the wiser if he committed a crime?

POI was provided an attorney at the police station on Saturday and he still left w/o speaking with police. So using the excuse that it is wise not to speak w/o an attorney present has run its course, IMO. He has been provided an attorney at his request, so now he needs to speak. I'm sure when they spoke to him during the car search warrant it was not in depth and was more like, "we've got a warrant to search your car, so we're doing that now." Otherwise they wouldn't be so desperate to speak to him again.

To my knowledge, public defenders don't sit around the station waiting for clients to wander in. The police probably let him know that he could contact the public defender's office to get an appt with an attorney. So then he left. That's how it works in my state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB