VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the gas station video for sure shows a guy running behind her or walking really fast as she ran

No there isn't a guy running behind her. She just randomly broke out into a very very short run. I have sometimes done that like run for 10 seconds all of a sudden and I would be more likely to do it if I was lost

Would anyone in the UK know what "greens" are? Being from the south I've always assumed this term was a southern US thing. When I see greens referred to in cooking shows they call them turnip greens or whatever. Never "greens." This indicates to me the DM did talk to someone from the south at the very least.

Yes, we would. Depending on generation, of course ;)! As an now-expat Brit, I grew up, in the UK, on a diet of "spring greens", which may or may not be the same as Americans call 'em. Also "greens" can mean any green vegetable.

Probably OT. Is there any particular significance in this particular case?

Question I have been meaning to ask - if discussed just point me to thread. Why was hg turned away from mcgradys? It's a restaurant and bar-I just looked at their web site-don't think you need to be 21 to get in. So she should not have been turned away. Does anyone know if le talked to bouncer there to ask what happened? Did she ask for someone and realize he/she was not there? Or did they think she was too impaired?
I hope this has not already been answered, but in VA, every bar is a restaurant. If you sell alcohol, you must sell food (entrees), and 45% of your sales must be from food. So, even though it's a restaurant, it's a bar, and most likely after a certain hour, no one under age is allowed in.

Re: person following her in gas station, I truly believe that's an article error. They go from mentioning gas station to clearly describing the scene on the mall when we know someone was following her.

Yes they are describing the mall video while showing the gas station video..that is Hannah and ONLY Hannah running in that video

Re: person following her in gas station, I truly believe that's an article error. They go from mentioning gas station to clearly describing the scene on the mall when we know someone was following her.

the news must have it wrong. they point to the person in the shell video and say that it's a man following her. she is seen running and another person is seen walking slower. but they said she turned back and then turned again and walked past Shell. who frickin knows? if he followed her from Shell that is NOT how you check on someone's wellfare.

is there actual video of her in the hallway of the apt when she sees the couple and turns back and appears to be jogging?
I didn't realize she was being followed by the Shell station. I thought she was alone as she ran past it and slowed to a walk. WTH?

The police have only released 2 pics from a video camera in the apt hallway (haven't released the video). Also, I don't believe the Shell video shows a man following her. It only shows HG.

I say no way. No way are they arresting him without a body unless they have more than blood. Especially so soon after she's gone missing.

The evidence in no body cases has to be super compelling. It usually involves lots of physical evidence, signs of a fierce struggle, witness information about a struggle, the passage of significant time without evidence the missing person is alive and often confessions of some sort.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1&singlePage=true

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/n...nd-but-a-man-is-charged-with-murder.html?_r=0

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/195787951.html

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/gina-hall-murder-case-sets-precedent-in-virginia/25704126

Though I agree that it's difficult to prove a murder without a body, wasn't there a recent case in the area of a young woman disappearing and there was a conviction, murder one even I believe. Alexis Murphy case. Not familiar with the details, but I do recall that she was not found. Famous case of Lacy Peterson proceded without a body, though it did eventually surface with a conviction for her husband Scott Peterson.

I really think the key is the car. Longo seems confident that forensics is going to come up with something from the car, and I get the feeling that he thinks it's going to be something big. There is mention, I found that the car shows up on some footage, but it's never shown, from what I could see, and not much info given as to what LE saw. Something they saw has them hot about that car. I think the car led them to JM instead of the video and info on JM to the car.

the news must have it wrong. they point to the person in the shell video and say that it's a man following her. she is seen running and another person is seen walking slower. but they said she turned back and then turned again and walked past Shell. who frickin knows? if he followed her from Shell that is NOT how you check on someone's wellfare.

It is a error

Parents, please teach your teens and young adults to understand the importance of the difference between when to text and when to call. If you need help, call don't text, and keep calling until the help comes!

Amen - I have two college students (son & daughter) - and this case has many lessons and things to discuss with them. I also think, that college students are not as suspicious as say the average working person out and about late at night. They feel "safe" as they go about in groups - and then become separated (usually due to alcohol - Natalie Holloway) - and they also seem to want to think the best of everyone and not believe a stranger would try to hurt them. This is just moo - based on talks with my daughter and her college friends.

Interesting. I thought I saw her walking back and forth, and then I thought I was getting it confused with another video where they rewind and then replay her walking by Shell.

What if that is the guy from the group at McGradys that is watching her and then gets up and leaves. Would he have left all those guys to go follow her? Just brainstorming. Are they now trying to say this older white man followed her the entire night? Because that would be beyond strange. If this person had been walking for sometime, hey might be able to be seen some McGrady video that wasn't released to the general public.

I had speculations about the gentleman who left the pub when he saw her leave, so I am right in there with you wondering this.

She was like all night. I just detected the same action in the hallway as well. She did turn around.

where is the video from the apartment hallway? that's what I want to know. did she turn around and start jogging?

i don't see half of the stuff they say is there. The only thing i see for sure is the dreadlocks guy is walking the other way then shortly after walking behind her in the mall video, And then in the jewelry store video they appear to be walking side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95