VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've felt much better about WG since the (rumors) flying around last night that he was a bouncer at Rapture (looking for link to bouncer story).
Rewatching the video after reading that, I can see it as a possibility.
If WG was NOT the bouncer with an airtight alibi (i.e. he returned to the bar), I hope LE still watches him closely.
Law enforcement is going with the guy they know was the last person "witnessed" to be with Hannah. If that changes so does the course of the investigation,imo.

What if WG was the lookout and his movement signaled to JM to approach HG. I, too, am not sure what role he played either, if any.

I agree. The damaged window was a huge red flag to me, but obviously isn't the kind of evidence that would trigger an immediate aren't warrant. I would love to know if police forensics can prove or disprove which side of the glass was damaged - inside or outside. Inside damage would prove that some sort of struggle to place in the front seat of the car.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ent-wanted-reckless-driving-article-1.1947754

Do you mean the damage on the driver's side window? I don't see any damage on the passenger's side window. Four car photos are on this link.

It is his right. But so what? It is not about what he is allowed to do. It is about what is typical behavior of an innocent person. I frankly don't understand the confusion about that.

I have a right to do many things. But what rights I chose to invoke and the timing of my invocation may say a lot about me to someone profiling a crime. "But you have a right, to do that!" is not a valid argument against profiling of me based on my conduct.

Human behavior and trends in it remain an important focus of profiling.

He went to the PD to get a free lawyer, which he has had in the past.

He gets a list to choose from or however he got a lawyer to talk to. LE does not give out referrals to a particular lawyer.

He, like other people on WS, did not realize he gets nothing until he is charged.

The lawyer he talks to tells him to say nothing. The lawyer may have given him reasons as to why he should say nothing.

As a lawyer, Gitana, you said earlier that the lawyer would advise to say nothing.

He cannot afford a lawyer on his own. I imagine to start, one would require a downpayment of a few thousand.

I don't think he would get pro bono until the lawyers see what way the wind is blowing on this one.

He looks really guilty to me even though he went to LE and he went in and had a new license made.

If I was guilty, I would be gone long before.

LE never gives full info; just what they want released. The outstanding facts here are 1) They did not have sufficient evidence to arrest JM or even force him to give a statement even though they were able to place him as the last person who was with Hannah Graham, and that his car was seized for evidence in the case. 2) LE was able to get a search warrent for JM's car, was able to seize it, and also got a search warrent for his apartment 3) LE wants JM in custody badly enough to put out a wanted poster that is out of ordinary for reckless driving charges, and he was followed by LE when he left the police station. 4) The forensics report that LE (and anyone else interested n the case) is crucial in determining the next steps 5) Hannah Graham has not been reachable, has disappeared since 9/13

So we wait.

So were Scott Peterson's friends right about his character?
I don't know what Peterson's friends said, but I would guess most psychopaths display odd, anti-social behavior starting in childhood. To me the biggest personality trait which is common in these people is a lack of EMPATHY - and JM's friends seem to be saying the opposite about him.

But again, I reserve the right to be wrong about JM. The fact that he is not being very helpful to the police (from what we've heard, anyway) definitely troubles me.

I've felt much better about WG since the (rumors) flying around last night that he was a bouncer at Rapture (looking for link to bouncer story).
Rewatching the video after reading that, I can see it as a possibility.
If WG was NOT the bouncer with an airtight alibi (i.e. he returned to the bar), I hope LE still watches him closely.
Law enforcement is going with the guy they know was the last person "witnessed" to be with Hannah. If that changes so does the course of the investigation,imo.

Good grief...according to this, there WERE two men?

No.

And that's what that Laura reporter thinks she was clearing up talking to LE and tweeting about.

She's trying to say that his first description of his hair was inaccurate and they are the same male and there is NO second guy.

Only she wasn't especially clear, and not everyone is familiar with twitter, so she's made it worse.

And now it's spreading from WS to other places that WG is LE (which is not what she was saying) and that WS has confirmed it. :(

Who says he's beig judged to be another Scott peterson? You sstated friends are in a position to know your character more than anyone else. I just pointed out how that's not always true. Scott Peterson, Denis Rader, Ted Bundy, Justin Ross Harris, etc. A few examples among countless people whose friends had no idea who they really were.

EXACTLY.....not to link another case here, but there is one out of Utah where family, friends, co-workers, and church members swore he was the epitome of an ideal human.....however, his wife is still "missing" and his sweet, young sons were attacked with a hatchet and blown up in a fireball....by that "wonderful, kind man"

BBM. How do you know? Links? As far as I know, he's said he parted ways with her and doesn't know what happened after that.

I believe LE has made it clear that JM has not given them any information about JM's time with HG. JM merely parting ways with her is second-hand (maybe third?) information and the issue is that JM has not shared information directly with police. In an investigation of a missing person, the last person to be identified as being with that person should share information with LE. Even if it's "we had a drink and then we parted ways".

I think a lot of what has people frustrated is that this is not what JM did.

This is how Travis Forbes' previous girlfriend described him:

"[He was] very generous," Humphrey said. "He was always about random acts of kindness, if you will, and he showed those things to me. I remember vividly when one day during that winter, we were walking down the street ,and the street was all lit up. It was snowing with these big fat flakes of snow, we were just walking back to my apartment. [We] happened to pass by some older woman who seemed down on her luck, and he whisked off his scarf and gave it to her. Without even thinking about it. I was very taken aback [and thought] 'Wow, this guy seems like a very good guy.'"

Over the holidays, Humphrey went home to New Mexico, and gushed about her new boyfriend to her family. Forbes stayed in Denver.

Humphrey was in the middle of her bachelor's degree for business management. She says she helped Forbes with his business, and they made plans together.

"He came to me he was looking for advice so I was helping him in certain ways in developing his business," she said. "We had made all these future plans developing this business, I thought they were going really well."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/investigations/2014/02/23/1816810/

I've never been on a thread like this. It's honestly getting to be a bit much. People's minds are running wild because there was so much action for days and now it's like an over analyzing crisis in here. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but what ever happened to following the facts? I admit that a lot of this is due to poor reporting by the media, but really? :banghead:

LOL, I was just thinking I'm going back to facebook for a while. A lot of speculation and questioning others intent, it's kind of crazy right now.

Holy hello ! That's a HUGE picture of JM's face! LOL

I'm afraid to click on it. Seeing as how they've already leaked his social security number, along the fact they have his computer's hard drive, the next leak is bound to be nude photos of JM.

:butthead:

That landlady interview is irritating. Why didn't the reporter ask the obvious follow up question of WHY it was so unusual that he was being so nice and helpful Thursday night?

I've never been on a thread like this. It's honestly getting to be a bit much. People's minds are running wild because there was so much action for days and now it's like an over analyzing crisis in here. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but what ever happened to following the facts? I admit that a lot of this is due to poor reporting by the media, but really? :banghead:

I feel like I've seen this before many times when official information about a case or suspect slows down. We all want this girl to come home safely, and we are here to discuss the case. Hard to discuss something when we don't have any official information coming down and so we keep going over the same thing over and over again.

Please stick around. Websleuths is one of the best boards that I've been on. Good minds, good hearts, and some good dang actual footwork to find missing people and help solve crimes.

This was an update from this morning ... poster paraphrase from fox news:

stating that JM last seen Sunday and have not heard or seen him since then....<br />
<br />
Capt says that JM gave the PD a list of attorneys he was interested in and asked the police to call the attorneys for him. The first one they called came to the PD HQ and JM and attorney spoke and then they left without answering any questions. <br />
<br />
Came in with his Mother and Uncle...they left and went to his grandmother's house. Officer vehicles clearly in view (FBI and State Police) at grandmother's house... he and his mother got into a vehicle and drove off recklessly. They backed off because of how reckless he was driving for the safety of everyone involved. <br />
<br />
Capt confirms that they found the items they were looking for yesterday and that they are at the lab today. <br />
<br />
Fresh dirt inside the vehicle and on the tires... was mentioned.<br/>

Do "gentle giants" normally place their own mother's safety in such low regard?

Sorry. Not in my experience. Dozens of lawyers would be jumping at the chance to represent him without charge. Right now.

Then why do you think he went to the police station and asked for a lawyer if he already had dozens of lawyers offering their services for free?

Link, please?

This was an update from this morning ... poster paraphrase from fox news:

stating that JM last seen Sunday and have not heard or seen him since then....<br />
<br />
Capt says that JM gave the PD a list of attorneys he was interested in and asked the police to call the attorneys for him. The first one they called came to the PD HQ and JM and attorney spoke and then they left without answering any questions. <br />
<br />
Came in with his Mother and Uncle...they left and went to his grandmother's house. Officer vehicles clearly in view (FBI and State Police) at grandmother's house... he and his mother got into a vehicle and drove off recklessly. They backed off because of how reckless he was driving for the safety of everyone involved. <br />
<br />
Capt confirms that they found the items they were looking for yesterday and that they are at the lab today. <br />
<br />
Fresh dirt inside the vehicle and on the tires... was mentioned.<br/>

I know JM's done some things to make him look guilty, but he's done some things to make him look NOT guilty too, i.e. - walking into a police station and asking to speak with a lawyer. He could have done that from home by picking up the phone. I know if I committed a crime, the last place you'd see me is at a police station.

I know that some people have referenced that other murderers/serial killers have talked to police but I got the impression that they acted like witnesses. They would come forward, share information about the case, and presumably throw the cops off track.

Given that JM is getting such heavy pressure from LE, why show up at the station at all? If he were guilty, the smart thing for him to do would be to just disappear. Instead, he went to the cops? A guilty man going to the cops is more psychopath kind of behavior, IMO, and I'm not getting the impression that he falls under that umbrella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann