VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'
How do you call into work?

I'm too busy evading authorities to work today, just wanted to let y'all know.

'

HLN with Mike G and Jean C were reporting that the lab told Jean that they are a DNA lab, and they may not have this ready today. The chief was on saying they were informed of some clothing and went to find that in the new search. Maybe they will link it on the site.

Wonder who informed them about the clothing and what the significance of it is? Was it hidden somewhere, or why did they not find it during the first search?

It's awfully quiet . . . . . not on here, but from the media and LE. For a while there were press releases at least once a day (even on the weekends), and now . . . . . . nothing. LE just said they will NOT hold a press conference today.

This is just speculation . . . . . . . but I believe LE has received word from the forensics and there was no evidence of Hannah being in his car or apartment. I think LE and their public relations folks are trying to determine how to present this to the public.

Again, IMO, I don't think they will release the lack of forensics today, will say something like "we obtained additional items form his apartment today and those have been sent for testing; we cannot definitively make a determination until those forensics are complete". . . . . such a comment will buy them time, so they can continue processing the tips and videos in the hopes of finding evidence (other than forensics) that she got in his car.

If no independent evidence supports that JLM is involved, the case is back to "square one", as it does not appear LE is persuing any other POIs. This would be a HUGE setback for the case.

Again . . . . all of this is just my opinion and speculation.

Did LE say they will NOT have a press conference today, or did you hear that one was not planned as of yet? TIA.

I've seen it said in a lot of posts that JM has no money, wouldn't want to use a lot of gas, can't afford an attorney, etc. do we know anything concrete about his financial affairs? It appears he has/had a full time job, likely with benefits/health insurance at a fine university hospital, why the posts about him being poor?

Anyone know what County the rural areas would be in?

They said they got his cell phone during the first search... that they had 3 search warrants that day total...one for the car, one for the apartment and one for JM's phone

I agree w/ this. I can't imagine they take cleaning products while executing a search warrant unless they have a reason to. I'm trying to remember back to other warrants I remember reading about and can't recall cleaning products on the lists documenting what was taken.

I hope Hannah is found soon.

This is not uncommon at all. We see things like trash bags and bleach on search warrants all the time. It's not that the items are unusual but they do help to fill in the blanks.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I'm fairly certain about one thing: LE didn't "lose" Jesse Matthew.

I imagine they had him covered via drones..........and pulled physical, overt surveillance to see if Jesse would lead them to Hannah.......alive or dead.

Drones? lol

I've seen it said in a lot of posts that JM has no money, wouldn't want to use a lot of gas, can't afford an attorney, etc. do we know anything concrete about his financial affairs? It appears he has/had a full time job, likely with benefits/health insurance at a fine university hospital, why the posts about him being poor?

The posts about his financial state IMO are classism... because of his car... IMO it's a jump to say he is poor. One truly never knows.

Anyone know what County the rural areas would be in?
Albemarle, Louisa, Fluvanna, Madison, Greene, Buckingham....to name a few.

Nelson, Augusta, Amherst.

all of these are immediately surrounding Charlottesville or within 45 minutes.

I looked at the court records online for Albermarle and Charlottesville..quit a few warrant in debts for several thousands of dollars are outstanding against him... with 6% interest accruing.

With so many cases I have followed on here, lots of people say they would never talk without an attorney.

They have even repeatedly posted a video of someone giving a lecture on it.

His behavior is not unusual to me if I go by what posters have put on WS,

As the days go by, he seems more guilty to me.

The talk of him buying her a drink. He has no idea that she is 18 so that does not matter to me.

But he has limited funds. Maybe he doesn't mind spending money with no return in mind. Who knows. People of limited income are the most generous, I have found

I don't have a problem with him talking to LE with an attorney, I wish he would. But I don't think his behavior is the norm at all, at least not for an innocent person, but that's just my opinion.

In reference to him buying an underage girl a drink and being selfless I will assume you are referring to another poster's comments since I didn't bring that up in my post.

Contingency of what?

Right now the story does not seem to have much to it. No book deal unless he turns to be a serial killer with a bizarre story of life.

I don't see many dollars in this right now

Agree. Not the type of case a lawyer would take on contingency. In contingency cases, typically the attorney takes a percentage of what the jury awards in a case. There is no money to be made here. Perhaps the OP erred in the use of the term contingency, rather they may have meant pro bono.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasjay1