VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ElementaryDearWatson
Emaa
I don't believe they tried, once he did whatever it was they could use to nail him with reckless. I also believe they know exactly where he is.
They have a warrant. If they know exactly where he is, why would they not pick him up on it?

I think police are hoping he feels confident enough that they don't know where he is, that he leads them to either Hannah or evidence. Also, as pointed out on another thread, since he's not turned himself in they can argue he's a flight risk.

I don't follow how his employment is relevant to the discussion?

It's not, nor is his financial status. People are either 1) feeling sorry for him because he may lose his job or 2) concerned that he is poor.

I'm still not understanding why, if LE knows exactly where JM is, they have plastered up a wanted poster everywhere and told the public to earnestly keep an eye out. I don't understand at all. (I'm genuinely curious as to a simple potential explanation for this tactic)

Perhaps to warn other women not to interact with him?

This tweet says that the police pulled over a "suspect from another case." I don't think this has to do with Hannah Graham. The reporter just hashtagged her saying that police are on heightened alert due to the Hannah Graham case.
Agree! Just following up from last thread about a local who posted about a bunch of media gathering at Barracks :)

Where JM is, not HG. I'd have to go back to the old threads and cut and paste a bunch- no time. But many many times posters have shared they have a hunch LE knows exactly where JM is. Perfectly find hunch, I'm just totally confused as to how that reconciles with making this big to-do with wanted posters, pressers about looking out for him, etc. I'm curious as to theories in people's minds, who believe LE knows JM's whereabouts, as to why LE would have taken this approach.
So sorry. I'm trying to read both this thread and the previous. :blushing:

All his thread states is that he has money owed from previous warrants. It does not say he is poor. We do not know for a fact that he is poor. We haven't heard stories of him going to food banks. We have no one stating that he was just getting by. There is no factual evidence presented. So he owes money... who the heck doesn't.
bbm
he doesn't need a food bank, grandma is the food bank!

I thought LE already said that there will be NO press conference today. Is that not correct?

I did not hear that but I really, really would like to know. Where did you see that? The most I heard is that at this moment, LE does not have a press conference planned, and that was linked on here from someone's twitter; ie, not mainstream media.

I don't think it's either here nor there but every employer I've ever worked for requires you to approve your medical personal vacation time in advance. Of course that wouldn't count being hit by a car and having to retroactively take those days but again I don't think you can just take off from work for days or weeks at a time and then come back and say oh that was personal time--The real world doesn't work that way.

If he hadn't taken off and become a wanted person... I think the hospital might have given him whatever he had in vacation and then a leave of absence to get things straight, if he had approached things correctly. jmo Until things became obvious in regards to the evidence, anyway.

'
I hope he doesn't have to use up all of his likable serial killer leave.

'

I'm guessing that UVA encouraged JM to take personal leave. Having him at work would cause all sorts of problems.

Do you honestly think he called into work while there was a warrant out for his arrest? I just can't imagine him saying... I am going to go on the run... hang on... better make sure I have a job when I return so I will call them and maybe they will tell me to take a leave of absence. huh? If I am running from the authorities, my job is the last thing I am worried about... I am worried about jail or whatever else I am hiding

I started a scanner thread. There is not much going on. Will link in a sec.

This is a really good article on cell phone pings.

Stuff I didn't know so forgive me if people know this. Apparently cell phone pings are not very accurate.

Anyway, I hope with soil typing and cell phone info, Hannah is found soon

Ugh. M

It won't paste. It is from this summer in the New Yorker.

What cell phones can't tell police.

For instance, your call can be routed to a tower farther away if your clise tower is being used to capacity.

Interesting info!

It's not, nor is his financial status. People are either 1) feeling sorry for him because he may lose his job or 2) concerned that he is poor.

Or 3) just talking with each other about pieces of information that have come up in the news. I realize it's hard to catch up because the threads are moving so fast but I don't think it's fair to jump into a discussion and then question why people are talking about a certain subject – if we read the thread through we can follow the discussion where it came from.

It's tomorrow evening here and I'm finally in a position where I can sit down and follow the thread.... so I'd love some developments. Everything usually happens when I'm asleep and I end up with pages and pages about gloves to read.

Minutes from last 12 hours:
1) Websleuthers are divided about JM's guilt and treatment by LE
2) JM has a dog named Popcorn
3) Hannah and Heather are frequently confused
4) Lab results are supposed to be in today but no news on them yet

I think that pretty much covers it.

can any one remember what 2 events were on that people were in town for that wend?
I think one was a high school reunion?

I don't follow how his employment is relevant to the discussion?

umm ....wow.

I dont know where to start here.......There has been some recent discussion in previous threads about UVA making a statement about JLMs employment status. This lead to someone saying he could sue UVA if they wrongfully terminate him.

This is relevant to the discussion because thats not how labor laws in this state work.

Also EVERY aspect about a POI and a missing person case is subject to scrutiny on this forum. Thats what we do.

I don't think it's either here nor there but every employer I've ever worked for requires you to approve your medical personal vacation time in advance. Of course that wouldn't count being hit by a car and having to retroactively take those days but again I don't think you can just take off from work for days or weeks at a time and then come back and say oh that was personal time--The real world doesn't work that way.

Re LJM's employment: (probably OT, thinking out loud, thank you for bearing with me) would his job be unionised? (Where I live it would). If so, one of the "perks" which comes with having union benefits here, is free legal advice/representation.

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
if he is innocent though , they could get sued for firing him.

his excuse is he needs to take medical or personal leave. im being framed for a crime I did not commit.

How is he being framed? He had traffic violations - there is a warrant out for his arrest. The police also want to speak to him. He is a person of interest. He is not being framed. He is not showing up to work and from what I can see, by his own will... of course, he is missing now also... we believe that he has chosen to disappear, though.

why would anyone be put on a wanted listed or have a bench warrant for a speeding violation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member