VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but haven't you seen the movie "Taken?" I'm kidding of course. I'm with you on this one. I really wish people would get off it, it makes this thread unbearable at times. The odds are so infinitely small that this is the case and unfortunately, the "intent to defile" thing seems to have people think that that's the legal term for kidnapping someone against their will, ship them away and then have them defiled by rich guys in other countries.

BBM - This is not the only situation in which trafficking occurs. It can have absolutely zero to do with shipping girls away for rich guys. I highly doubt most people who are thinking along the trafficking lines are thinking this is the type of trafficking situation may have occurred.

Yeah, but haven't you seen the movie "Taken?" I'm kidding of course. I'm with you on this one. I really wish people would get off it, it makes this thread unbearable at times. The odds are so infinitely small that this is the case and unfortunately, the "intent to defile" thing seems to have people think that that's the legal term for kidnapping someone against their will, ship them away and then have them defiled by rich guys in other countries.

Have a look at the link I just posted

why so determined to shut down discussion on that angle?

Where are his immediate family members? I'm African-American and live in Chicago. Definitely aware of police misconduct. That being said, I'd call on my relative so fast their head would be spinning!

Yes, but what evidence would lead them here?

so I'm thinking they have evidence of MORE than what he's charged with (evidence of rape and possibly murder), but without being able to link it to Hannah via her body (alive or deceased) that can't get an arrest warrant for more than this charge yet.

Or.........they got something back that doesn't look good for making the case against Jesse Matthew.

I think he seems relieved to be able to get an arrest warrant for more than reckless driving.

I think the reason people won't let it go, particularly those geographically close, is because this is now college-aged girl #4 (?) in the last few years who disappeared within a 50-mile (?) radius (only one of whom has been found), and now in particular it seems there may be one person who is a link to them all. One person who likely isn't working alone, given all the descriptors and circumstances. This, after the Colonial Highway murders and then the Charlottesville Rapist.

Trafficking in Fairfax, right down the road. Trafficker just convicted in Harrisonburg. Just over the mountain.

People don't see this as an isolated event. And I don't think we'll be convinced otherwise for a while. Sorry.

Lost at sea Amy Bradley?

Do you mean Ann Maria Fahey?

Tom Capano was an disbarred American lawyer and former Delaware deputy attorney general, who was convicted of the 1996 murder of Anne Marie Fahey, his former lover.

Ann Rule's book "And Never Let Her Go" is about her

I agree. And for those who think the sketch isn't close enough, take a look at these comparisons from another case:

This is the guy who is facing trial for the murder of Sierra La Mar:
View attachment 59763
http://abc7chicago.com/archive/8674901/

View attachment 59764
http://abclocal.go.com/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8692857

Both sketches were of the defendant. I'm confused why people feel these sketches must be exact. Or could be exact.

I fully agree that sketches do not have to be close. Many times they are not even close at all. The artist or the describer just didn't do a good job. But sketches alone aren't going to do it. Doubt many could id the first perp with the sketch, though if you stuck him in a hoodie just as the sketch is, and lose the baseball hat, it would be closer. Also, there are a lot of people out there who look more like the sketches ethan the perps. I know a woman who has the same "look" severe, tight look that the sketch we are showing here has, and she has 4 boys with the same facial hair, must be the style in some places, and I'd ID any of them from that sketch. Very close resemblance. They are much younger, wtih an old, wiry scary, harsh look, until they smile--they have light in their eyes most of the time. it's just that I don't think that sketch is a "Eureka" one for JM.

The second sketch you show does match the photo, by the way, IMO.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for the sketch to be of JM back some years ago, but I don't think it catches his essence. Also, JM is one big dude, and that doesn't come out in the scrip.

I agree it would be great if all of this could be wrapped up in one package and we all know that this perp is off the streets, As it is, he's been loose and about all of this time. As for JM, I wonder too, if this is the first time this happened with him. And what happened that he took it this far.

I found his announcement of more serious charges devoid of passion and anti-climactic. That's what I saw. I respect your take on it though.

I think he seems relieved to be able to get an arrest warrant for more than reckless driving.

Parker Slaybaugh 8News

5 mins · .

‪#‎HannahGraham‬ I just spoke with a legal expert, he says the charge "abduction with intent to defile" suggests police believe evidence shows something sexual.

is that restaurant possibly a place where girls are brought to be handed over to some other person in a trafficking ring?

This strikes me as pretty unlikely.

If they have enough to charge him with "Intent to defile", then I too would assume the public needs to be made more aware of the danger. That charge suggests he didn't just take her and something happened, it means he took her with the intent to harm her (It was planned). Strange behavior.

FWIW the new Wanted poster contains the advice - Do not attempt to apprehend a fugitive yourself, call LE - standard advice but
obviously he has potential for violence.

I am prob repeating what someone else already posted but maybe a previous victim of JM, like the victim in fairfax from where the sketch originated saw JM on tv and called in and identified him as her attacker, is that a possibility? Could that lead to the newest charge against him?

I think so- remember Alexis Murphy and RAT was convicted of her murder and I don't think they've found her yet.

Thank you! I didn't follow the Alexis Murphy case, but it's a relief to know that someone could be convicted, without a body, for the fact that Hannah has vanished from the face of the earth.

Parker Slaybaugh 8News

5 mins · .

‪#‎HannahGraham‬ I just spoke with a legal expert, he says the charge "abduction with intent to defile" suggests police believe evidence shows something sexual.

Well, if that isn't the most obvious statement, lol! (Not directed at you, just laughing at the obvious).

I am prob repeating what someone else already posted but maybe a previous victim of JM, like the victim in fairfax from where the sketch originated saw JM on tv and called in and identified him as her attacker, is that a possibility? Could that lead to the newest charge against him?

The wanted poster specifically says it is in relation to Hannah.

I fully agree that sketches do not have to be close. Many times they are not even close at all. The artist or the describer just didn't do a good job. But sketches alone aren't going to do it. Doubt many could id the first perp with the sketch, though if you stuck him in a hoodie just as the sketch is, and lose the baseball hat, it would be closer. Also, there are a lot of people out there who look more like the sketches ethan the perps. I know a woman who has the same "look" severe, tight look that the sketch we are showing here has, and she has 4 boys with the same facial hair, must be the style in some places, and I'd ID any of them from that sketch. Very close resemblance. They are much younger, wtih an old, wiry scary, harsh look, until they smile--they have light in their eyes most of the time. it's just that I don't think that sketch is a "Eureka" one for JM.

The second sketch you show does match the photo, by the way, IMO.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for the sketch to be of JM back some years ago, but I don't think it catches his essence. Also, JM is one big dude, and that doesn't come out in the scrip.

I agree it would be great if all of this could be wrapped up in one package and we all know that this perp is off the streets, As it is, he's been loose and about all of this time. As for JM, I wonder too, if this is the first time this happened with him. And what happened that he took it this far.

I don't see the similarities between the sketch and JM. I really focus on mouths when I remember/look at people, and the mouth is not at all the same here, IMO. I'll be surprised if there's a link. Relieved, but surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member