VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
College students are adults. Is attempting to protect them from themselves coddling them less? Or is it coddling them more? IMHO, extending adolescence farther and farther out really does no favors to those who should be learning to be adults. Again, JMO.

Alcohol and addiction is a weapon of mass destruction. Turning a blind eye to underage drinking is not teaching anyone to be happy, healthy, productive members of society.
I believe the responsibility begins at home...JMO

I don't think we can post links to blogs, but I am hopeful that sharing this sort of info is okay...if not, sorry mods for extra work and snip away, if need be.

I came across a blog that I can best identify as The CTH and with a title of serial abductor? as the headline when doing a Google search a short while ago.

Most of the info there is not unlike comments and thoughts here...except for this.

A man on the blog said that he is very sure that he saw JM yesterday in Wilmington, NC (he mentioned, too, that it is a college town), that he was extremely polite and even held the door open for him. He said that he never forgets a face and it was (in his opinion) the same guy -- and that he was wearing khaki shorts.

His comments about the demeanor made me think of the landlady's comment about how he had been "extra nice" lately.

The man said that he called the tip line and that his wife was giving him heck for getting involved.

And, therein, lies the problem...in my opinion. Nobody wants to get involved, or those who do want to get involved are discouraged by family and friends.

Just think if all those people seen on the video where JM and WG first appeared got involved. Maybe the outcome would have been different.

Something else that is haunting me is a post that HG made on her twitter account on 8/29 -- "Got an alone drunk girl to a bus tonight #hoosgotyourback"

Sadly, nobody had Hannah's back that night. No wing woman. No involved person to help her to the bus. So very, very sad.

Praying for Hannah and her family.

Beautiful post. I think how I would feel if that were my kid on those videos, wandering around, alone, with no one to help. Just creepers waiting to exploit her. It's very sad that she was so alone and so vulnerable and no one stopped to ask of she was okay. Just a lost kid, really.

Bo Sykes ‏@bosykes 38s
JUST IN: Nelson Co. Commonwealths Attorney says there's no evidence connecting #HannahGraham disappearance to Alexis Murphy investigation.

https://twitter.com/bosykes

Imo, no way is JM going back to where Hannah is. That does not happen when a manhunt is on.

Would there be such scrutiny by some if she was 21? Regardless of her age, she is missing and that finding her should be everyone's first desire!

I couldn't agree more. Don't even get me started on how ridiculous I find a 21 year old drinking age to be, when we are willing to send our 18 year olds in to battle and allow them to vote.

https://twitter.com/hegraham25

Look at her post from Aug 29. If only someone had been there for her in the same way. (Note - I think Hoos is a reference to UVA sports teams.)

It seems last year she had taken some alcohol awareness class and posted a photo of her certificate along with bottles. She reminds me of me and so many of my female friends in college - just trying to have fun in the midst of studying and transitioning to adulthood, but not realizing how vulnerable you still are.
https://twitter.com/hegraham25/status/391628855385292800

Alcohol and addiction is a weapon of mass destruction. Turning a blind eye to underage drinking is not teaching anyone to be happy, healthy, productive members of society. I believe the responsibility begins at home...JMO

Meh, I don't want to prolong this discussion but will point out that college students have been engaging in "unhealthy" behaviors for decades, even centuries. And alcohol and addiction are not inexorably linked, not even statistically.

It seems he had a fair bit of interaction with his family prior to his first meeting with the LEOs. I can't help but wonder if they helped assemble the list. Or maybe he opened the Yellow Pages...

It's not the list of attorneys that is odd, it's taking it to the police dept and asking them to call one.

I couldn't agree more. Don't even get me started on how ridiculous I find a 21 year old drinking age to be, when we are willing to send our 18 year olds in to battle and allow them to vote.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not American and I find the 21 yr drinking age to be completely unreasonable. If they're old enough to vote, they're old enough to drink. I'm in my late 30s and I was carded at two different places the last time I went to the US. It's silly.

Hmmm ... anyone know how to find out sexual assault reports for Liberty University? Perhaps in the years 2000-2003?

I don't know about assaults while JM was a student there, but one of the Route 29 missing girls was found on Liberty University land in 2009. Cassandra Morton disappeared in October 2009 (last seen Oct. 10, a week before Morgan Harrington's disappearance) from Lynchburg.

December 1, 2009

The body found Sunday along Camp Hydaway Road in Campbell County has been identified as 23-year-old Cassandra Morton of Lynchburg, according to Campbell County Sheriff's Office Captain L.T. Gutherie.

Morton's body was found Sunday on a trail, about 100 yards away from Camp Hydaway Road. A Liberty University student who was patroling the area noticed clothing on the road, which led him to the body. The body was identified by police Tuesday afternoon.

Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy says Morton's head was detached and her body was covered with rocks.

Morton was last seen alive October 10 in the Park Avenue area of Lynchburg.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/78135977.html

College students are adults. Is attempting to protect them from themselves coddling them less? Or is it coddling them more? IMHO, extending adolescence farther and farther out really does no favors to those who should be learning to be adults. Again, JMO.

Where I live, they are now getting criminal citations. College kids. Several.members of the football team were busted at a party. They lost their ability to play and were kicked off of the team .

Harsh lessons. Not as bad as dying in a car accident or losing limbs or suffering brain damage.

I just wish someone had gone looking when she texted she was lost...or sooner. I don't know...probably too late anyway, if text times are accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie