VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems if there was DNA the Wanted poster would look a little different, just sayin.

And, what would that be...him in a suit. I think before this is over it will be the biggest case ever at UVA. And, as I said it has to have positive DNA to get that charge but I speak with my own opinion.

Ref: Hannah's pants, I asked cville_bob to come and clarify. He was a searcher.

The did specifically mention her pants as something to look for in one of the briefings that I attended. I remember because they were described as black capri pants and I commented that the pictures I had seen of her in the hallway didn't look like what I'd call capri pants. This was at the Friday evening briefing IIRC. I arrived late on Saturday (9:35 A.M.) and missed the general public searcher briefing, and instead received a team leader briefing since I ended up leading the first group I went out with. That second briefing dealt more with the procedures of leading a team, ie. how to call in a potential find, what to do if your team found Hannah, details of your specific search area, etc.

I believe I heard the car leaving. It wouldn't leave Tempo and then go to another place in the mall, as far as I am aware. So I do believe they have footage of it leaving. And separately footage of the two after Tempo.

I noticed on the google street view of Tempo, there appears to be a parking garage across the street. Possibly the parking garage has video cameras?

First, thank you for participating!

Second, do UVA students receive an annual transit pass as part of registration? In some cities the student ID itself is valid for transit. Is that the case for UVA?

Third, you made an interesting comment about the trolley. If you were at the Downtown Mall and wanted to get back to campus at 1am (without a car), what would you do? Trolley (as you noted)? Bus? Taxi? Something else (if, say, friends were not able to pick you up)?

Thanks!

didn't she say the trolley doesn't run late?

Gee whiz, azure, we don't know what LE has done to find JM in the days since he fled. If you are upset because Longo hasn't found Hannah then, yes, we all feel the same way as you. Are you upset because you think JM isn't the person for LE to pursue? It that's it, then this community here is divided on that issue.

Please explain to me why everyone is so enamored with Longo when they lost their "big suspect" and haven't made any attempt to find him days later?

Transcripts:

9/23/14 CPD press conference re: Jesse Matthew
9/21/14 CPD press conference re: Hannah Graham; statement from John & Susan Graham
9/17/14 CPD press conference re: Hannah Graham (Part 1 only)

Still getting around to the rest.

Brilliant, thanks!

Please explain to me why everyone is so enamored with Longo when they lost their "big suspect" and haven't made any attempt to find him days later?

Inaccurate/incomplete.

1) They "LOST" him prior to having warrants against him. That's not exactly losing him. My assumption is that the officers assigned to keep him under surveillance were not authorized for, and were not expecting, a pursuit situation, which is why it was reported up the chain and the reckless driving warrants were obtained.
2) I don't know that they haven't made any attempt to find him. I have to assume they are making attempts beyond distributing wanted posters.

I noticed on the google street view of Tempo, there appears to be a parking garage across the street. Possibly the parking garage has video cameras?

Good looking! But, I think the parking garages were ruled out because they closed around 1:30am. There were 2 garages with different closing times I believe. There is a parking lot however that I think it was speculated he may have parked in...or on the street.

Neal Augenstein@AugensteinWTOP
Jim Camblos: "I am Mr. Matthew's attorney. I was hired Saturday." Won't discuss when client w surrender. http://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByUWJqmIAAA6NnZ.jpg

Camblos won't say when his client will surrender to police, or discuss where Matthew is, or if he is in touch with his client.

Camblos, speaking outside his office, asked reporters to grant Matthew's
family privacy.

"We would really appreciate you leaving the family alone. They've been
harassed."

Camblos would not answer substantive questions about the case against
Matthew, or characterize his client's demeanor.

http://liveblog.wtop.com/Event/The_search_for_Hannah_Graham

Actually, we were hearing quite a bit, I felt, before the trial for the murder of Alexis, jmo

I also feel like we heard quite a bit in the Yeardley Love/George Hugely (sp?) case on details of what they found in the room... blood, damage in apartment, etc. Even before we knew what happened we heard a lot of details.

Laura French @lfrenchnews · 8m
Charlottesville police cruiser just spotted with @VaTechPolice on VT campus. Purpose of visit unknown.

Laura French @lfrenchnews · 26m
Police: First round of forensic lab results from search of #JesseMatthew property are in. No further comment from Chief #HannahGraham

Laura French @lfrenchnews · 33m
Chief Longo: requesting residents outside of Charlotteville/Albemarle county to search their property. #HannahGraham

It's not allowed to ask co-workers to join you for drinks as you clock out? Those women are 21 years old, they are legal to drink and certainly adults. I don't see a thing wrong with that. A lot of the nurses I know met their future husbands that way.

The person who wrote this wrote: 'creepily.' Most women would understand what she meant immediately. I know I do. It is not about class status or anyone being 'beneath' anyone. It is not even about age. It is about instinct that something is not right. It is about knowing that you need to get out of that situation/ away from that person to be safe.. Humans were given instincts to protect themselves and many women, myself included, have needed to listen to them.

Probably so she would be easier to track down on social media.

UVA students generally do not hang out with "townies." I know tinder is big around here, so it is possible they could've met on there, but I think that's unlikely. UVA students are sort of in a bubble, which is probably why Hannah felt fine walking home from the party alone without her male friend. The part I find sketchy is her walking all around to the downtown mall. Students usually take the trolley or don't even attempt to go there, especially alone.

Is the trolley stop at the Tempo end of the mall? I keep speculating she could have been heading to a trolley stop to get back home...

The did specifically mention her pants as something to look for in one of the briefings that I attended. I remember because they were described as black capri pants and I commented that the pictures I had seen of her in the hallway didn't look like what I'd call capri pants. This was at the Friday evening briefing IIRC. I arrived late on Saturday (9:35 A.M.) and missed the general public searcher briefing, and instead received a team leader briefing since I ended up leading the first group I went out with. That second briefing dealt more with the procedures of leading a team, ie. how to call in a potential find, what to do if your team found Hannah, details of your specific search area, etc.

Graham had spent the last evening before her disappearance at a restaurant near campus, swing dancing and performing in a raucous conga line with friends.

snipped

“It was a happy, lighthearted time with friends,” said junior Hallie Pence, 21, who also was among the students who were with Graham at Fig Bistro and Bar.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

I have thought that the pants were yoga pants, I could be wrong but that's what they look like to me.

This is hard to say, but I think if he is guilty of what would be the worst that could have happened, then decomposition would lessen the evidence perhaps?I mean, if it was an unfortunate accident, it would have been to his advantage to come forward sooner to confirm.

If he pleads not guilty, refuses to say a word, no body found, his chances are probably better that he is not convicted, particularly of Murder 1, depending on what forensic evidence is found. THough yes, it's possible, it's more difficult to get a murder conviction without the body. THe Alexis Murphy case did turn out that way, but there was a lot of evidence, and Randy Taylor talked ... a lot, and most of it proven outright as lies. If JM just stays quiet, lets his attorney do the talking, he can save some face with friends and family by later telling them his version of what happened which may not have certain details, and isn't put under scrutiny. Like he picked her up, they went out, they got cozy, she got upset and wanted out, so he let her out, and that was the last he saw of her, and then he finds out she went missing and as a black man in a southern town, a townie, being with a white UVA student, he panicked and was scared to death realizing he could have no proof if she didn't show up, and he was hoping she would.

Just a quick run down of a sample story.

A lot of times, it comes down to being able to stick to a story that those you care about can swallow and hang on to, not one that will pan out if you tell the authorities, because, frankly, it many not be the truth. There are loved ones of criminals who believe with all of their hearts what they've been told, some despite evidence to the contrary blaring in their faces, but some can have such stories without direct debuttals because the court, LE never got to hear the stories to debunk them, and so it can stand up privately. You can't do that if you say X, and LE disproves it flat out. The jury could choose to reject LE's, the state's evidence and version of what happened to the defense's suppositions and possibilities. Remember, the defendent is innocent until proven guilty, does not have to say a word, tell his story, do anything. Just let his attorney tear up the prosecution's theories, poke holes in the evidence, and not offer a thing in return. You get off, or a short dealt sentence and you tell everyone the "real story" that you knew would not be believed and that your attorney said just to keep under wraps.

That is also the case for some events that you can't prove even though it's the truth, and you just aren't sharp enough to take the questioning of a prosecutor tearing it to shreds, true or not.

Did he actually say that? I dont have a transcript, but the only quote i can find is: “We reached that point that the Commonwealth felt we had probable cause to seek an arrest warrant,”. I havent seen the PC, does he say the new warrant is from dna evidence?

It was an MSM tweet stating police had confirmed that forensic test results provided probable cause....going to look for it now...BRB JMO

I had to step away so sorry this is coming late. That tweet is what the Detective said. You are free to believe it or not. :seeya:

It's not a matter of opinion tho. It is written and spoken in clear English. He never confirmed or denied there was video. Please feel free to watch the presser again or read from the transcript...

Female Reporter: (0:24:28) You have so much surveillance video of Hannah. Do you have her
leaving the Tempo restaurant? Do you have video surveillance of her getting into his car?
Chief Longo: (0:24:38) Jim? Is that something you're willing to share?
Sgt. Mooney: (0:24:42) I'm not going to** I'm not going to talk at all about the vehicle and what we
know, but we do have them together after they left Tempo restaurant, so he's still with her at that
time.

New video of Hannah.

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-new-video-footage-of-hannah/

"This video is an excerpt from surveillance footage taken the night Hannah Hannah Graham disappeared. It was captured by a merchant’s stationary, interior camera on Second Street, between the Downtown Mall and Market Street. Hannah appears on the surveillance footage that night shortly before 1am.
At exactly 7 seconds into this excerpt, you will briefly see Hannah walk alone, right to left through the front window. She is walking south on the sidewalk across Second Street, having just passed in front of Fellini’s Restaurant (where an eye-witness had reported seeing her), on her way to the Downtown Mall. Once she reaches the Mall, she turns east (or to her left) and starts to walk up the Mall. A few minutes later, she was captured by another surveillance camera at Sal’s Restaurant. She last seen on the Mall about a half hour later."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990