VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UVA2015; you need to contact the police if you haven't done so already. Someone may do so on your behalf. Pick up the phone. Your friend's interactions will matter to the police.

Agree. CSleuth.........do you have the link to InsideC'ville? Also, what do you know about this Coy Barefoot guy? He was supposed to publish an article today about interviews he did with people who were at Tempo and saw JM and HG. Thanks JMO

Thanks for that insight- I did realize the mall was pedestrian.
If I was lost and drunk and knew enough to run down that stretch Preston (?) the Shell station was on, I would be so glad to find an area of restaurants, lights, people walking around once I got to the mall. Do you think she continued moving on the mall because she thought she was heading in the direction of home or because she felt it was dangerous? (If you have any ideas on what you would have done if in a similar situation) I'm just trying to figure out what she may have been thinking as we see her on the Sal's video.

I'm not sure I would characterize her running along along Preston Avenue as "knowing enough." She headed in the wrong direction, opposite her home. My guess is she was completely obliterated drunk. Not convinced you can interpret anything she did through a prism of rationality, since her judgment and sense of direction was likely highly impaired. I've seen it happen. I lived in Preston Square apartments my second year at UVA and had never been there before (during my first year) and indeed, never walked around the environs or to the DTM during that period. It was well known as fairly dangerous for a student... I'm just not sure we can successfully decipher her thoughts through sober reflection. JMO MOO

If what they gathered up in round 1 of the search warrant is what allowed them to go back a second time and what has come back from round 1 has come back negative on dna, does that then throw out the round 2 search warrant. I don't know if that makes sense to me. :truce:

If I understand what you are saying, no. They would have already had probable cause for the round 2 search warrant even without results that just came back.

First, thank you for participating!

Second, do UVA students receive an annual transit pass as part of registration? In some cities the student ID itself is valid for transit. Is that the case for UVA?

Third, you made an interesting comment about the trolley. If you were at the Downtown Mall and wanted to get back to campus at 1am (without a car), what would you do? Trolley (as you noted)? Bus? Taxi? Something else (if, say, friends were not able to pick you up)?

Thanks!

No - UVA busses are free, as is the trolley.

I would cab. (Or uber, now). I would not think about taking a trolley/bus. (Plus, the trolley doesnt run that late anyways, but even if it did, it's too much of a pain to locate, etc.)

Did he actually say that? I dont have a transcript, but the only quote i can find is: “We reached that point that the Commonwealth felt we had probable cause to seek an arrest warrant,”. I havent seen the PC, does he say the new warrant is from dna evidence?

He said "forensic evidence".

Where did you see that the dna was negative...I live in VA & my daughter went to UVA from 2010 to 2014 & to get the warrant for those charges abduction & intent to defile they have to have positive DNA or they wouldn't even get a warrant. We will see the outcome but I'm almost sure this man in the end will end up with a murder charge. JMO

Seems if there was DNA the Wanted poster would look a little different, just sayin.

I agree. How could Jesse possibly know where the investigation had progressed at that point? Would he go to the police station if he truly believed he might not walk out of there? Doesn't make sense.

It may not make sense, but it happens more than you would think. Remember, he did not talk when there.

Did he actually say that? I dont have a transcript, but the only quote i can find is: “We reached that point that the Commonwealth felt we had probable cause to seek an arrest warrant,”. I havent seen the PC, does he say the new warrant is from dna evidence?

Transcripts:

9/23/14 CPD press conference re: Jesse Matthew
9/21/14 CPD press conference re: Hannah Graham; statement from John & Susan Graham
9/17/14 CPD press conference re: Hannah Graham (Part 1 only)

Still getting around to the rest.

Attachments

• 9-23-14CPDpressconferencereJesseMatthew (1).pdf
    95.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 9-21-14CPDpressconferencereHannahGraham.pdf
    297.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Part1HannahGrahamChiefLongopressconference9-17-14.pdf
    252.5 KB · Views: 20
I dont believe for a second that they lost track of him.

Respectfully snipped but I disagree with this statement 100%!!!!! I don't think they have any idea where he is. He could have ridden to another state in a friends trunk!!!!!! There's no way they would leave him on the loose...they are AFTER him. He's totally a loose cannon at this point and would not leave him be living in society. I've had the bounty hunters raid my house twice during the middle of the night looking for someone here, and I can tell you it's one of the scariest things you could go through. And who they were looking for was not dangerous..it was a felony warrant. It was total overkill and ridiculous. But I can tell you his family and friends or anyone they think he might be associated with are being hit by night raids on their homes. I still carry PTSD from it!!!! They are hunting for him. I was shocked this morning knowing I would wake up to a stand off or him killing himself. At this point he's becoming more and more dangerous and desperate. I hope he's found soon. JMO :)

Where are you Hannah?

I keep sifting the sand, unable to conclude that JM is hiding something. I would agree, his current behavior, after being questioned, didn't work in his favor. Wish both LE and JM handled that much differently. I think Longo's 'posturing' in the PC, created a contentions atmosphere. It backfired. But of JM concealing evidence? Not so much.

- Look through the windows of his car, to the interior. It's a mess. He definitely didn't take a fire hose to the interior, to scrub potential evidence.

- He parked his car in plain view. He could have ditched it, at a family member's house, with the excuse that it is not running, and he can't afford to repair it now. But there it was, in the apartment parking lot.

- He could have hung out at granny's house, for a very long time, and feigned ill health. He did not. Was found in his apartment.

I will be the first to eat a slice of humble pie, if JM is the man. Right now - I'm just not able to see that. Rather, I worry that HG was so overly confident, she set out AGAIN, on foot, only to be overtaken or picked up by someone else at that bewitching hour. Let's face it, does anything good come of being on the street, alone - at nearly 2am in the morning, when the bars disgorge their patrons? And consider the area in which Tempo is located. I would be hard pressed to go there at that late hour. I am considering that HG thought she would be safer, walking on the street (street lights, cars passing, etc.), than accepting a ride from anyone. Previous cases have shown us that it takes mere seconds, for a person to be grabbed from the sidewalk, and pulled into a waiting car. Guess I will continue to sit on the fence for a while.

Other view of what we know/don't know -- someone mentioned that cleaning supplies were covered in the warrant on the apartment. Perhaps there was an AREA of the car which had very recently been cleaned. In contrast to the general state of upkeep on the car, that would be a big red flag.

Please explain to me why everyone is so enamored with Longo when they lost their "big suspect" and haven't made any attempt to find him days later?

MSM has false information all over the place. Chief Longo specifically said there is no video. He said it was witness testimony. It's right there in the pressers. Some MSM says JM sped of recklessly immediately after leaving the police station. Chief Longo specifically said it was 15 minutes after leaving near the county line. There are like 20 more examples of MSM having conflicting reports.

I had to step away so sorry this is coming late. That tweet is what the Detective said. You are free to believe it or not. :seeya:

So in other words a bunch of Internet people wasted LE manpower to the point where a press release had to be made telling everyone to knock it off...

Why did it have to be investigated ("dreadlocks Man" in Alexis Murphy case)...the guy, Damien Bradley, had been id'ed long ago and testified at trial??

Hi Lava, I want to ask you something in a serious way because I am curious, and I am not being snarky and mean no ill-will, when I ask: if you were on a jury in a circumstantial case, would you find it difficult to find the defendant guilty?

Just jumping off your post.

For me, until they can get hard evidence (Video, clothing items etc) that JM and Hannah were alone together, privately..whether in his car or elsewhere, I have to consider other options as well. And by "until they get" I mean, until they get that and tell us. I fell like everything Hannah did that night was weird, and I don't want to rule out that she was intending to meet up with someone else. There is something of a secretive feel to her actions that night. I also don't want to rule out that she continued on her odd path after drinks with JM and met some harm along the way.

I believe they have every right (so to say) to investigate JM, and I have never disputed that. I have said that before, but I know that if they do release that evidence to us, and it is clear JM is involved some people will forget that I said that and say we were wrong all along (Even though I haven't picked a side). I believe JM doesn't make himself look good. But I need those dots to be connected before I can feel sure.

First, thank you for participating!

Second, do UVA students receive an annual transit pass as part of registration? In some cities the student ID itself is valid for transit. Is that the case for UVA?

Third, you made an interesting comment about the trolley. If you were at the Downtown Mall and wanted to get back to campus at 1am (without a car), what would you do? Trolley (as you noted)? Bus? Taxi? Something else (if, say, friends were not able to pick you up)?

Thanks!

UVA students get to use Charlottesville transit for free with a student ID. The trolley is a little different, since it is free for everybody. This is a bit off topic, but I have witnessed some very sketchy people on the free trolley. If I were on the downtown mall late at night, I would definitely take a taxi. However, some students are steered away from taking taxis for fear of the $300 fine if you vomit in one. I could understand why that might not have been seen as an option.

'
I don't see any reason to cast JM as a victim.

Fox's Ted Williams said on the ground there in C-Ville for a week, that he is "one weird dude." And they've heard that exact opposite that he's a good guy.

He needs to comply with the law.

'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members