VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I think its important to note that many people have dreadlocks.

Do we know how long JM has had dreads?

MANY people? Or a relatively small percentage of the population?

Ive worked with the public for 25+ years as bartender in a wide variety of restaurants from corporate chains to fine dining and everything in between, mostly in the Richmond Va area but also in busy tourists town like Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg Tn and Orlando Fl, and they werent that common a sight to me.

It's always about the street name-usually initials with these guys. Trying to remain anonymous. Trying to be cool and generic. Mostly trying to hide from being identified.
LJ

Unless it is their funeral or their criminal record.

LJ is JM.

LJ was his nick. Even Granny called him that. JMO

From the above link:

"Albemarle County police are looking for a man with long dreadlocks, driving a white, late model four-door sedan – possibly a Subaru."

How does this location fit in with our other locations? TIA (having trouble linking maps since they changed the format).

Albemarle County borders the city of Charlottesville on all sides.

county.png

Sorry mods. I had to post this picture in this thread too for everyone to see. I found some old news video and it looks like there is the orange car again in the parking lot?
Maybe JLM worked at that gas station or new someone that worked there?

View attachment 59792
I enlarged the photo on my computer and that does appear to be extremely similar. Both cars have rear spoilers and the tail lights are the same color. Hope LE is aware of this possibility.

Sorry but who is LJ? Do you mean JM?

Jesse 'LJ" Matthew....possibly a nickname referring to "Little Jesse". I think someone pointed out much earlier in these threads that his father shared the same name, so it would make sense.

Given his size, the "little" was probably dropped long ago and shortened to LJ.

I have a question about underage drinking. When I was in the US a year or two ago I was asked to show ID for purchasing drinks. I proceeded to giggle thinking the bartender was joking or flirting with me as I was there for my 40th birthday. He had a very straight face and was not amused so I produced my ID quite surprised. In France it's unheard of to ask and in New Zealand where I grew up they ask only if you look under 18 (used to be under 20). My friend then told me this is completely normal and systematic across the US.
I am wondering whether only the person purchasing the drinks gets asked or whether the other people in the party are asked too. I mean by that whether a bartender is expected to systematically question whether one member of the group is under 21. Or, as this is a restaurant and open to all ages do we assume the drink served was non-alcoholic?

Sorry mods. I had to post this picture in this thread too for everyone to see. I found some old news video and it looks like there is the orange car again in the parking lot?
Maybe JLM worked at that gas station or new someone that worked there?

View attachment 59792

Okay I see it now, that very well could be the same car.

JM buys her more drinks, possibly at her request....while her condition is obvious....he did not need to drug her to get what he "wanted". I wonder if he took her home and served her even more alcohol and she possibly asphyxiated? She could have succumbed to alcohol poisoning in his home or even in his car. Another possibility is he did let her go in the parking lot and she could have met with foul play elsewhere. She had consumed even more alcohol. She could have walked into traffic and been struck and injured by a driver who was drinking as well and hid her. (Do alcohol sales end at 2am in Charlottesville?) It appears JM played a nefarious part in her last moments. I hope the truth is found out for her loving family's sake. To see all of these videos must be horrific for them.
Expanding on this thought. Mine is a very unpopular opinion for sure. This latest charge doesn't come as a surprise at all, does it? Just about everyone here assumed Hannah got in his car. Most assumed they would find something in the car/apartment to show Hannah was with JM after they left the bar. What LE cannot know, imo, is whether she went willingly or participated in any sex willingly. The 'abduction with intent to defile' charge in Virginia is interesting to me. When I was young and going to clubs, just about every guy that took a girl home would have been guilty of this. Telling a girl he'd take her home, then putting the moves on her.

Ok, sure...things look really bad for JM, but I'm not as willing as all you guys to pin every murder in Virginia on him. And really, while we are almost certain she is dead, until they find her body it's not fair to assume JM killed her.

Several things bother me.... First, unless she was drinking before she went to dinner (possibly, but then who wants to eat?)....she likely did not drink at the restaurant, rather, she ate. Reportedly, they left the restaurant around 10:30 or 11. Two short visits to parties and at 11:50 leaves by herself. How "intoxicated" could she have been?...............Also, for whatever reason she obligingly went to Tempo with Matthew, she must not have been obviously intoxicated or mngt. would not have let her inside. She apparently did not sense danger at that time, because she had a phone and was in a populated establishment. She at that time could have secured a ride via cab or a friend....someone she knew. At what point in time did she recognize that she was in danger? JMO

I have wondered the same thing. I wonder if the word "lost" on her text message is being taken too literally. I've been "lost" in my own town in which I have lived my entire life. It doesn't mean I don't know how to get back to point A - just means I cannot find something I'm looking for (house, business, event, etc.) I don't understand why JM took Hannah to a public place right before she disappeared. Why didn't she reach out to someone if she truly was lost or felt in danger. She must have felt safe and that makes me feel so bad for her! JMO

Okay I see it now, that very well could be the same car.

Yeah somebody pointed out that it has an antenna on the same side that is now missing an antenna (see hole on lj's car) and that there is damage to the paint job in the middle just like on lj's car. I personally wouldn't have recognized these things w/o them being pointed out.

I have a question about underage drinking. When I was in the US a year or two ago I was asked to show ID for purchasing drinks. I proceeded to giggle thinking the bartender was joking or flirting with me as I was there for my 40th birthday. He had a very straight face and was not amused so I produced my ID quite surprised. In France it's unheard of to ask and in New Zealand where I grew up they ask only if you look under 18 (used to be under 20). My friend then told me this is completely normal and systematic across the US.
I am wondering whether only the person purchasing the drinks gets asked or whether the other people in the party are asked too. I mean by that whether a bartender is expected to systematically question whether one member of the group is under 21. Or, as this is a restaurant and open to all ages do we assume the drink served was non-alcoholic?

Bartender in Va here; technically the bartender is "supposed" to card all members of a party receiving alcoholic beverages.

Practically, that doesnt always happen.Some bartenders glance in the direction for a visual confirmation if one person is ordering for a group....... but Ive never seen one physically go to the table to request I.D.s unless one or more people obviously look under age.

Even if you obviously look 50-60 years old and I jokingly card you and you cannot produce an I.d Im not supposed to serve you by law.

Many small restaurants and bars in Va that serve alcohol do not allow anyone under the age of 21 after a certain time. I would imagine this is even more prevalent in a college town BUT people get tired towards the end of a busy shift and will sometimes let their guard down.

Corporate restaurants are totally different in that they allow people of any age to come in, at any time..... so there is quite a bit of ambiguity there and people sometimes do slip between the cracks.

A frequent ruse by underage drinkers, especially those with someone who is of age, is to have the "of age"person order drinks from the bartender and then return to a table away from the bar with the drinks.

Its then servers job to catch this and then ask for I.D. They should be ordering from the server to start with,and this pisses many of them off since it affects their tip, so this will "usually" raise a red flag.

When I was serving Ive had to ask a manager to come to the table and remove the drinks after one or more guests failed to produce an I.D .......on several occasions and for this very reason.

Not everyone is as cautious, experienced or strict about this as I was...although they should be given the fines and possibility of losing ones job IMO. 2K for first offense is a LOT of money.

Younger girls also have a tendency to get carded less when they are with older males.I dunno if its the bartender or server being worried about insulting the older male by not asking for his I.D as well or if its just laziness on their part but it happens all the time.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/hannah-graham-friends-at-vcu/

Search for missing UVa. student Hannah Graham has profound impact on childhood friend
snip
“You think these things don’t happen and we pretend that it’s never going to happen to me, never going to happen to somebody I know, until it actually does,” Wright said. “Then that’s when it settles in and you’re thinking, ‘This is a reality.’”
=====================
Praying Hannah is found today.

I want Hannah found & justice served so badly, I wake up at night thinking about it.

Morgan Harrington's case is what brought me to Websleuths. Mickey Shunick's case is what got me to start posting. It's not so long ago I was a college student myself. Our young women should be safe in this world & they're not.

I pray this case breaks things wide open in VA, if you know what I mean. I want answers for the Graham family. I want answers for the Harrington's (if the cases are related, but also in general, even if they're not). Their daughters deserve justice. They deserved so much more from this world, but all that's left to give them now is justice.

Thank you, Morgan and Mickey and Hannah for opening my eyes to many things I didn't see before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarking - will we have a special forum dedicated to this at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member