VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would add to that apprehending the perpetrator and insuring its done in a way that is likely to get a conviction.

yes Scary that there are so many proponents of "vigilante justice" out there. There is a legal process, after all. JMO

Very brief interview with attorney Camblos. He says he is JLM attorney hired by JLM and his family on Saturday and that is the only comment he'll make at this time; reporter immediately asks "where is he?" and Camblos becomes quite annoyed:

"What didn't you understand about what I just said?" LOL

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...-missing-uva-student-suspect-lawyer/16155379/

also includes video of JLM on sidelines at football game

Followed this for the last few days now- had 4 hours sleep last night as could not switch off.
What her poor family must be going through right now. Just want to know where/what has happened to this beautiful young lady.
Anyway I will look forward to the 7pm after thoughts- you websleuths rock and are so damn intelligent so I get to learn a thing or two myself so whilst your helping solve the case, a lot of you are also educating people like myself so keep shining like the stars that you are :) x

Thanks for joining in - it helps to have additional sets of eyes, ears, and brains to sift through everything! The fact that you are sacrificing sleep to be here means a lot. I hope we will get some solid news tonight that will make it worthwhile.... only 10 more minutes now.

Me too. My own daughter, a recent college graduate doesn't want to acknowledge she has to protect herself by not getting too drunk, walking around alone, late at night or dressing provocatively. I tried to explain I am not blaming the victim, just stressing what you can do to make yourself less vulnerable to a predator. Very frustrating!

it's tough having them away at college. I wish they would not move off campus. My SIL's niece, a wonderful young woman found her own place for a bargain price, but it's on the edge of where the off campus college housing starts and where things get a little rough a block or two from there. She wanted her own apartment, not a share, which frightens me. As mentioned in a post, it took 36 hours before Hannah was noticed missing, and that's with apartment mates. With this young lady, ti could be a lot longer, and she isn't one to keep in touch with family regularly. These young people don't get it, that there are predators out there. Things can happen.

Since this whole thing happened I find myself looking at young women like Hannah and feeling compelled to counsel them to not do dumb things. I know it'd be a waste of time and I know statistically they'll be just fine. It just makes me sad.

Before anyone accuses me of victim blaming, I'm not. I did plenty of dumb things when I was young and the ONLY difference in myself and Hannah is I was fortunate to not encounter a predator when I was vulnerable and in the midst of doing my dumb things.
Me too. My own daughter, a recent college graduate doesn't want to acknowledge she has to protect herself by not getting too drunk, walking around alone, late at night or dressing provocatively. I tried to explain I am not blaming the victim, just stressing what you can do to make yourself less vulnerable to a predator. Very frustrating!

Much of the public is "on his side". I have zero criticisms. He seems to be doing a good job. How the public feels is secondary to the job of finding Hannah and keeping the community safe.

I think that he is doing an outstanding job. I really respect him. For clarity, I am speaking of Chief Longo. I also like the Coy guy. I guess it takes a lot for me to dislike someone. Taking my own inventory instead of others is also helpful for me.

In stating the above I don't have any feelings one way or the other for those on this board who do not share my opinion. I value differing opinions. :peace: to those who don't feel the way I do.

How long until the presser? I'm in a different time zone on vacation so im confused!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pray that by the time my now 3 year old is old enough to drink, things have changed :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very brief interview with attorney Camblos. He says he is JLM attorney hired by JLM and his family on Saturday and that is the only comment he'll make at this time; reporter immediately asks "where is he?" and Camblos becomes quite annoyed:

"What didn't you understand about what I just said?" LOL

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...-missing-uva-student-suspect-lawyer/16155379/

also includes video of JLM on sidelines at football game

Mr. Camblos held the elected position of commonwealth’s attorney for four terms before losing the election to the current commonwealth’s attorney. I wonder whether that may have had any influence on his decision to take the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member