VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galveston is also a busy port isn't it? I wonder if he was going to try and board a freighter. Border police would have been on the lookout for him. Not sure about the ports.

I'm thinking the arrest was in Galveston County, TX..not necessarily the city of Galveston..jmo

Just for perspective, Galveston is an island with only one bridge to get to it.

Someone doesn't want to give up his DNA, IMO!!!

Ugh, way to make yourself look guilty...all the way to TX!!

Now, we gotta find Hannah!! Blue Ridge Parkway is federal land, NO HUNTING ALLOWED there, plenty of areas to pull off the road, and over the guard rail, or down a ravine within seconds!!! I'm going to see if I can get someone to ride with me to check that area, and RT 130 leading to the parkway. Considering his car, I don't think she's far from either the edge of a road, or sadly into a dumpster. Unless he had a truck to use, or a 4wheeler, I hope it limits the areas he could have left her.

The charge implies that police have evidence that Matthew took Graham against her will — or while she was in a state that left her unable to consent — but police have thus far not laid out what that evidence is.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...dfeb52-4413-11e4-b437-1a7368204804_story.html

Virginia defense lawyers said Wednesday that such cases can be built on circumstantial evidence — using DNA from semen, saliva, blood and hair found among an alleged assailant’s belongings — along with witness accounts of interactions between the two people and other evidence such as video surveillance. Lawyers said an incapacitated victim — one who is drunk, on drugs or unconscious — could be seen as unable to say yes to traveling somewhere or participating in a sex act, even if they were with someone voluntarily at the start.

I doubt he was heading down to Mexico, he would have stood out like a sore thumb down there, especially with his size.

There is a heavy African American population in the Houston/Galveston areas, and even more moved there after Hurricane Katrina.

He would certainly blend right in, and he might be able to find work in the oilfield or some sort of day labor in that area relatively easily.

Any specifics on how they got him? Traffic stop? Walked into a police station? Anything?

:sigh: ...if he doesn't talk. :praying: for the family as the search continues.

Perplexed 123
Perplexed 123 is online now Registered User

I get the impression she is still alive

BBM

What gives you this impression? Do share.

How on earth did they let him get that far out of their site? This is probably wrong to say, but it was funny at the time, my husband said he shouldn't have stopped for that cheeseburger.

Galveston is approximately 20 hours from UVA & 5 hours from Mexico.

Since the Chief and FBI said thanks to a deputy in Galveston, doesn't that sound like he was spotted and arrested rather than he surrendered?

I doubt he was heading down to Mexico, he would have stood out like a sore thumb down there, especially with his size.

There is a heavy African American population in the Houston/Galveston areas, and even more moved there after Hurricane Katrina.

He would certainly blend right in, and he might be able to find work in the oilfield or some sort of day labor in that area relatively easily.

Don't forget though that he might not be too bright. . . .

Well, Longo has been saying that they had no idea where he was.

Galveston is also a busy port isn't it? I wonder if he was going to try and board a freighter. Border police would have been on the lookout for him. Not sure about the ports.

That's what I was thinking. Only way he would get to Mexico is by sea.

They should also test his DNA against he DNA found in MH case

IMO Longo's body language, tone of voice, and facial expressions do not make it look like he believes Hannah to be alive. :0(

I thought the opposite, he just doesn't know where she is.
why increase the reward?
no appeal to search lands
he said something like remember this face, keep searching for HG

I don't know, next pc will reveal more. JM might talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13