VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse Graham doing everything a guilty man would do.......but at a slower pace.

Still awaiting forensic linkage. Chief Longo didn't address that tonight, or any other night for that matter.

probably not good to get the names mixed up like that. ick.

I'm thinking the arrest was in Galveston County, TX..not necessarily the city of Galveston..jmo

I believe the arrest was in the city of Galveston, otherwise they would have said arrested in League City, or Hitchcock TX, for example. JMO

I thought the opposite, he just doesn't know where she is.
why increase the reward?
no appeal to search lands
he said something like remember this face, keep searching for HG

I don't know, next pc will reveal more. JM might talk.

Reward was increased due to private donations.

Galveston is approximately 20 hours from UVA & 5 hours from Mexico.

I can barely take the 7 hour ride to C'Ville to visit my daughter. If JM was me he'd have given himself up about 8 hours into the ride.

Gitana answered

Gitana, I've read every thread..all 14 of them THANKS.
Not sure if you are being snarky or not but I've seen very little race discussion on these threads. And guess what? WG wasn't the last person Hannah was seen with, JM was.......color didnt have a thing to do with it/

No. I was being 100% serious. There was a TON of it. I do not exaggerate and I can back up whatever I say. Here is a tiny sample from only a part of one thread:

Following this a bit, since I live in Harrisonburg which is about an hour away from C'ville. I just needed to add that I have seen many people here comment about race relations in this area, all in a negative light. I was born and raised here and lived most of my 33 years locally (even a few years in LE) except for about a decade globe trotting in the military, along with living for a bit in New York and LA. Let me just say the race relations here are no where near what many on here are making them out to be. In fact in the above two mentioned cities race relations are infinitely worse, then anywhere around here. Many people think south and automatically their mind goes to Selma, Alabama circa 1960s, that is not here. And yes I know many minorities, heck my wife is a minority and I have rarely if ever heard them complain or even mention race relations around here. Just a putting it out, some on here are really blowing that possible aspect of this case way out of proportion.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10987081#post10987081

Unless you're poor and black.

I am a middle aged white woman who lives in Central VA, too, and who happens to teach the kids who I just described. I would never have believed it,myself, except that I have seen it far more often than I care to count. It's very, very real. Even here.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10987133#post10987133

cool, well in an ideal world that would be lovely. unfortunately, black people are still completely railroaded in this legal system and quite rightly don't have faith in LE. and honestly, any lawyer will tell you to grab a lawyer if you find yourself in a crime situation, if you do value your freedom. the courts don't guarantee justice is served and truth will reign, they just guarantee a fair trial, and 'fair' is often subjective.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10986308#post10986308

JM's life could well be on the line as well, if he is framed. VA is a death penalty state. When posters say "race has nothing to do with it" they are not thinking from HIS point of view. If you want to speculate about what he may be thinking or why he wouldn't come forward, it's important to factor race in. He could very well be torn up inside that a girl he was with has gone missing, but for him to step forward and talk could endanger his own life if he is innocent and wrongly convicted due to circumstantial evidence. Unfortunately the reality in this country is that black men are wrongly convicted and are over-represented in cases like those found with the innocence project. JMO I still hope he talks with his lawyer and if he is innocent video surveillance will corroborate his story.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10986108#post10986108

Quote Originally Posted by leilarose68 View Post
because it's a lot more complicated than that, and many LE just want someone to throw in jail + don't care if they're railroading an innocent guy. a lot of innocent black dudes are in this situation, unfortunately.
the POI quite rightly lawyered up, and will do what his lawyer tells him to do, as anyone who finds themselves involved in a crime situation should.
Do you have a link to the fact that he has a lawyer?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10986072#post10986072

Skin color has been cited repeatedly here as a possible excuse for why this man was being deemed a POI. I disagreed with that. I think his behavior after being the last person seen with a missing girl was more likely the reason.

Glad to see there has been an arrest. One step closer to justice for Hannah and her family. I wish it were one step closer to finding her.

Finally some good news in this case. Justice will be served for Hannah.

A few thoughts:
1. I think they are very fortunate to have found him. He could have easily slipped the hook after they lost him in Virginia. Hats off to LE for tracking him down in a fairly speedy fashion.
2. Longo seems resigned to Hannah not being alive, IMO, like many of us. His fire for bringing her home at the beginning gave me some shred of hope against all the parts of my brain that knows the odds. It seems like now he speaks in a way that makes it apparent he wants to bring her parents some closure by finding her without having the legitimate feeling of being able to bring their daughter back alive. I'm sure that has something to do with the evidence, as well as knowing the chances after all this time.
3. JM running off to Texas seems to be more than fear to me. Running that far off doesn't sound like someone afraid of being framed, but someone who doesn't want to face what they did. JMO.
4. I hope beyond hope that he realizes the best thing to do is cooperate with LE now. If he is truly not guilty at this stage, staying silent is only going to turn the heat up on him even further. If he is guilty (and I am in the camp that thinks he almost certainly is responsible) then I hope he does the right thing and tells police what happened and where to find Hannah.
5. My heart continues to go out to Hannah's parents and loved ones. It cannot be easy to watch this unfold. As on edge as we have all been waiting for answers and updates, it has undoubtedly been 1000 times worse for them.

Here's the link to Galveston newspaper website: http://www.galvestondailynews.com/
I didn't see anything about this arrest or the HG case when I searched the site a few minutes ago.

JM's not showing up on the list of Galveston jail inmates (maybe still being booked? searched by name & arrest date) - http://p2c.co.galveston.tx.us/p2c/jailinmates.aspx

Galveston's a city (on an island) with a population of ~47K and considered part of the greater-Houston area being about an hour drive from there.

I wonder if he cut his dreadlocks off to change his appearance. Did someone say earlier that LE got back some of the forencics?

'
Mexico is a lot farther away than 5 hours if you've run out of money, though.

'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member